Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * A CELICA WITH A NEW HOPE ! >:) * * *

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * A CELICA WITH A NEW HOPE ! >:) * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 10:03 Go to next message
LOOK AT HOW HAPPY I WAS A FEW MONTHS BACK Shocked

Its finally here fellaz!! Shocked I'm picking her up tmr Very Happy

Take a look at her... shes a beauty + STOCKER!! even got the stocker Radio!!! i got this baby off Karl (Warrior) Best preserved Celica i rekon! anyways, engough talk... here she is fellaz!!

Oh the Specs:

1988 Toyota Celica SX
150,xxx km
5sp manual
3SGE (GEN1 Very Happy) (103kw)
Stocker rocker Very Happy
1 Lady Owner (NOT KARLZ Very Happy)

Features:

Power Windows
Central Locking
Air CON (Nice and freezing this time:D)
Headlight on Warning buzz
Timed rear diminister (srry bout spelling)
Standard TOYOTA FACTORY RADIO!!! Shocked

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/Red-Devil/Red-Devil-1.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/Red-Devil/Red-Devil-2.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/Red-Devil/Red-Devil-3.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/Red-Devil/Red-Devil-4.jpg

Very Happy ... i'll get the black interior shots later on Smile Cant wait !!! >_< Mad

~Chopin

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2005 05:44]

Send a private message to this user    
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Nice!

We have to go cruising soon so I can check out your new toy Very Happy
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muzzi wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 21:50

Very Nice!

We have to go cruising soon so I can check out your new toy Very Happy

Definately my friend Very Happy

Right now, im so much more happier and excited over it, you can say im 100% more happier than my first celica... and i have no idea why Very Happy I guess i was craving for a stocker for ages lol Smile

Oh dear i cant sleep tonight Rolling Eyes

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow that is TIGHT!

like a TIGER!

mmmm nice bro nice I love the clean look love it!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 22:20

wow that is TIGHT!

like a TIGER!

mmmm nice bro nice I love the clean look love it!

yeah man shes tight Very Happy A few things i need to do like wheel alignments and that... but honestly, shes a beauty... do you guys start to feel what i was saying?? the stock look on one of these just hits you !! Razz Hits you somewhere you dont know but have to say "gosh thats a good looking car" Razz

Anyways, rob bro, you're welcome to drive this car around anytime anywhere Very Happy it cant get any better!! i'm ognna update the features lists Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go you choppin!! Very Happy
your not going to leave a stocko stereo are you?
you got to atleast change that

thank god its not another white car, most 162's in sydney on this board are white, needed something different

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 11:46]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 22:45

go you choppin!! Very Happy
your not going to leave a stocko stereo are you?
you got to atleast change that

thank god its not another white car, most 162's in sydney on this board are white, needed something different

hehe nah DJ, i'm gonna leave the stocker radio in there... yea ya heard me... stocker radio Razz im dead set serious! (No pun intended again Mad) Very Happy

Yeah whites are sorta common, but whites are also beautiful colour! Red is rarer but still nice Very Happy

~Chopin
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right now im looking at the pics and i keep having this song in my head, and its stirring me Razz : ACUTALLY THis SONG is expressing EXCATLY WHAT I"M FEELING WOO HOO Cool Read the lines man. Very Happy

"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, baby

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

Cause I'd miss you, baby
I'd still miss you, baby

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you, baby
Cause I'd still miss you, baby

Cause I'd miss you, baby
Cause even when I try
I'd still miss you, baby

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing"

I THINK I"M IN LOVE! Very Happy

Not to mention that its by coincidence that this car will be registered on the 16th of Feb.... 16th of November was my other one! Very Happy

What fate Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 12:00]

Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW Chopin... Wink Congrets mate... Cant wait to we go on a criuse... Wink What time you picking it up tomrrow
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy86 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 23:00

WOW Chopin... Wink Congrets mate... Cant wait to we go on a criuse... Wink What time you picking it up tomrrow

hey bro.. thanks man... tmr should be picking up at say 6-6:30 ish.. come along man
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeahh ill try... gotta see if im workin or not Mad... LOL.. if not ill see yah dis weekend will go on a criuse if u want Wink now we all got stock Celicas... Wink
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy86 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 23:14

now we all got stock Celicas... Wink

no we dont... u got a jap spec ENGINE Mad.... thats extra 10KW!! I better put my KNN Sticker on it hahahaahahaha Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 12:20]

Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA.. Oh yeahh i got a jap spec.. OK OK.. This is how it is.. We have stock exterior and interior except for the engines.. lol Wink
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very tidy, nice find Very Happy

good to see it doesn't have a dodgy tint job like a lot of the ones on the market
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when you think about it
raby has a stock jap spec celica, because in japan that would be stock Very Happy Razz

i cant make 2nite Sad and im not in NSW for this weekend till the next weekend Sad
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin.

its an awesome example of a nice clean well maintained car, I was contemplating keeping it as my daily driver. but Chopin is in love. Razz

but seriusly dude...i need to ask one question...

how long did it take for you to type the whole song. Shocked Laughing

see ya

Karl

muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 10:54

Chopin.

its an awesome example of a nice clean well maintained car, I was contemplating keeping it as my daily driver. but Chopin is in love. Razz

see ya

Karl

Google is good for lyrics Very Happy

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Tue, 15 February 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muzzi wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 10:56

Chopin.

see ya

Karl

HAHAHAH He got it!!! I couldnt be bothered Very Happy I was typing it and i thought.... why dont i use good old google ? Lol

Search: "I dont want to miss thing" Lyrics

Razz

SO overall time.... 20sec Razz
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 10:59

muzzi wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 10:56

Chopin.

see ya

Karl

HAHAHAH He got it!!! I couldnt be bothered Very Happy I was typing it and i thought.... why dont i use good old google ? Lol

Search: "I dont want to miss thing" Lyrics

Razz

SO overall time.... 20sec Razz

I thought it may have been google...but judging by Chopin's feelings I honestly thought he would have typed the whole thing.

man...I hope I can get it ready before u come mate. ill try no knock off early.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey karl, didnt you need my gear boot?

make sure you ask the boss if u can knock of early karl Very Happy Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats knock off?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dj. yea mate I gave chopin the one from my car cause its stock. and thats what he is after. I will need yours for my car Smile.
I will try to catch up soon Daniel.

I will go to the filthy bathroom im my office and look in the mirror and ask the handsome fellow at the other end if I can leave early today. Razz

I reckon he might let me. call me Chopin and let me know what time you are coming.

Karl

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be there about 6:30pmish tonght, will have to go back home first to get the mourney Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knock off means leave work

so knock off early means leave work early
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 17:09

knock off means leave work

so knock off early means leave work early

Razz

just figured that out too... unfortunately, i cant kock off early... the bastards want me to work till 5:30 on da dot... Mad isnt it always weird when ur all ready for something and things around you just makes you wait wait wait? lol

muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got it yet chopin?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin picked it up about 20 minutes ago.

good luck with it mate, its in awesome condition. Smile
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats choppin Very Happy Razz
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeahhh Congrets... Wink his got a good clean sexy CElica Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITS HOME NOW!!!

I just spent the last 4 hours or so tidying up.. not that there is any tidying since karl kept it so good. Razz

I just gave it a bit of wax on the eyelids to see what the difference is... then i did the bonnet!.... then it didnt look right so i did the left and right guards.... then i did the doors cause they are different colours.... then i thought. "Fark it since i've done half the car, might as well" Very Happy Did the whole thing but left the roof out Sad ... no time... man i could've sworne i spent one full hour just mezzmorized by it... just standing there looking at it and trying to wipe the smile off my face...

It was one of the hardest task to get inside the house and turn on my computer Smile

Guys, she is good man, paint is acutally 200% better than what i thoguht it'll be. I'll have some more photos of her asap Smile

And how can i forget to thank karl for everything!~!~ Karls one of the best man i've known! not only did he taught me loads of things about these celicas, he pointed me in the right direction with life and where its best for me to go. Mate, Karl's really a good person and i really dont have any other way of describing it guys... he's a top bloke!

~Chopin
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, very nice indeed, you don't see 'em in that condition over here anymore!
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 23:32

ITS HOME NOW!!!

I just spent the last 4 hours or so tidying up.. not that there is any tidying since karl kept it so good. Razz

I just gave it a bit of wax on the eyelids to see what the difference is... then i did the bonnet!.... then it didnt look right so i did the left and right guards.... then i did the doors cause they are different colours.... then i thought. "Fark it since i've done half the car, might as well" Very Happy Did the whole thing but left the roof out Sad ... no time... man i could've sworne i spent one full hour just mezzmorized by it... just standing there looking at it and trying to wipe the smile off my face...

It was one of the hardest task to get inside the house and turn on my computer Smile

Guys, she is good man, paint is acutally 200% better than what i thoguht it'll be. I'll have some more photos of her asap Smile

And how can i forget to thank karl for everything!~!~ Karls one of the best man i've known! not only did he taught me loads of things about these celicas, he pointed me in the right direction with life and where its best for me to go. Mate, Karl's really a good person and i really dont have any other way of describing it guys... he's a top bloke!

~Chopin

Good stuff chopin.... How does it drive... Does it have the 3sge gen 1 PWAHH... Good stuff mate Wink
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 23:32

ITS HOME NOW!!!

~Chopin

Embarassed im embaressed Embarassed

dont wax the paint off the car mate Razz

Chopin it was a pleasure , it is our duty as humans to help your fellow man. I havent done anything out of the ordinary mate, but be honest (maybe that is out of the ordinary Razz). I am glad that you are happy, go out and enjoy your long time dream of owning the stockest ST162 I and everyone else has ever seen.

Karl
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see you finally got what you wanted...
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 16 February 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow that's a great looking stocker Chopin, good to see you didn't have to go without a Celica for very long!

No need to tell you to look after it, I think that goes without saying, hehe. Enjoy mate!

-Matt
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys for the nice comments. Right now i only have 5 words to describe my days of owning this stocker.

"I.... CANT.... STOP...... DRIVING...... IT"

I just cant get out of the car Razz Its too fun! its also so much more comfortable than the old one Smile Go the stocky suspension!

a few more days before i take the pics....

ITS WAXED AND SHINY GUYS.... i'll show you the before / after pics a few days later on... Cool
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW CHOPIN THATS A NICE AS STOCKY

U seem to like these cars quite a bit...

MEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOO!!!
HAHAHA
I'd have to say i'm one of the most passionate st162 owners around haha.. I even bought a brouchure off ebay...

Next car would be a st162.. and the one after that would be one too hahaha..

I'd love to see pics of it polished...

What were ur plans for it??
How does it go next to your tricked up white ex st162???

Great car once again...

How many kms on the clock?
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 16:51

WOW CHOPIN THATS A NICE AS STOCKY

U seem to like these cars quite a bit...

MEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOO!!!
HAHAHA
I'd have to say i'm one of the most passionate st162 owners around haha.. I even bought a brouchure off ebay...

Next car would be a st162.. and the one after that would be one too hahaha..

I'd love to see pics of it polished...

What were ur plans for it??
How does it go next to your tricked up white ex st162???

Great car once again...

How many kms on the clock?

Thanks mate, i gotta say... my next plan Razz.... is nothing.... and nothing after that, i so love the stocker look and feel! Very Happy Although this one is gona be stocker, my next one in a few years time will be one that i will mod myself Smile

I'll take pics of it when its not raining like hell Confused And to be going against my white one... i gotta say this one will very well keep up Smile And im honestly not bluffing. While in stock form, it has a lot more torque than my white one... for some odd reason!

Also, might i say that its about 50% more fuel economic than the white one.... When i used to have to go uphill with 3rd gear on my white one... this red one accelerates fine with 5th gear and with one passenger... you should'a seen my face.... i was like Very Happy all the way up the hill Laughing

While top-end power i believe the old one to be better. This one should be good for Gen1.

~Cheers broz... we need cruizing someday... like tonight if possible.... its really really hard not to drive the car man... and its painful to goto bed every night!

~Chopin
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 14:55

Thanks guys for the nice comments. Right now i only have 5 words to describe my days of owning this stocker.

"I.... CANT.... STOP...... DRIVING...... IT"

I just cant get out of the car Razz Its too fun! its also so much more comfortable than the old one Smile Go the stocky suspension!

a few more days before i take the pics....

ITS WAXED AND SHINY GUYS.... i'll show you the before / after pics a few days later on... Cool

Chopin.

glad that you are over the other car, u were cut pretty deep.

did u install an internet connection in the car for you to give us an update. its about time we heard from u mate. Razz

Karl
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New car more torquey because of headers / exhaust?

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 07:58]

Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 19 February 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Find. Looks well maintained Shocked

Cheers
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys, sorry i ahvent been on much, i didnt have the mood, and mostly didnt have the time to check things out..

Its time for an update!

As good as what i thought this car was, i'm now faced with many problems. I wanted to fix it, but i dont have the required skills, yet i dont have the knowledge. So before i give my car to someone who's gonna blab on on how to fix it and what needs doing, i'm going to ask you elite expert ST162 engineers.

1/ i can tell for sure my gasket is GONE!! Actually, i believed them to be gone when i first bought it, as engine oil has been missing and white smoke / blue smoke from the back as i was told and believed it to be burning rich. But guessed thats not the case. Also, some oily substances in the radiator, + a bit of milky stuff on the engine oil cap. I remember when i had my white car, after a smooth drive, i could take the radiator cap off to inspect that coolant was sufficient, it wont blow out on me. Different story from the red, ENORMOUS Pressure, not to mention that when i went to see it first time and when the acr was warming up, Water level kept raising. I've READ RECENTLY that this is a HG problem, correct me if im wrong.

2/ I dont want to swear, but FUCKEN HELL, the Passenger side Electrical window's problem of not goin up carried over to my red car, i can wind the window down both on the passenger side and driverside, BUT NEITHER WILL MAKE IT GO UP, well if you tried 10000 times it will work once. So fuck all to that window i electronically locked the bastard.

3/ Suspension is also on the way out, but will keep the car in one piece

4/ One of my main concerns, the good OL 162 2nd GEAR SYNCRO problem Mad At frist, when i saw the car, i was lead to believe that it was because the car hasnt been driven for a while. Wrong here again, faced with an issue now with either Gearbox or reconditioning it.

Ok, the above is only a taste to whats coming to hit me i know, more than ever, regret has punched me in the face. "WHY THE FUCK DID I SELL MY COMPLETELY GOOD RUNNING WHITE LIGHTNING" and to that i only find one fucken reason, im a dickhead. I thought i could achieve something from scratch, but didnt realised that i had many problems that i dont know how to face.

Question is, Should i fix it and sell it? Answer? I so 80% want to, cause this is my 2nd Celica in 6 month, yet both have their different problems. Where the Whitelightning was on cosmetic and me being so picky on shit.... And now i got a perfectly good shell that i wanted... but the mechical side of it is really god damm poor.

FIRSTLY, i dont want to make it sound like that i'm angry at the seller, hell no. But what does amaze me is the fact that these problems were seen before i bought it, yet i had answers that were somehow dishonest, i cannot question about the mechanic that suposidly 'checked the smoke' and said it was only fuel... But its really suspectable as to why he would say some shit like that while it was clearly engine oil burning.

However, i love the car, so i'm planin to face these things one by one. I'm so low on cash now due to myself owing a loan and i'm on a traineeship wage, i really need economical suggestions.

to tackle the problems i think these are the main things i need to address first.

1/ Enigne oil burning *Head Gasket gone - what can i do?*
2/ Syncro is fucked *What options do i have?*
3/ My CV joints are also GONE! *How much to replace or repair*

Mostly i need to know Where i can get these things sorted, How long it will take, and how much approx to get these done by a professional.

I'm so sorry that i'm soundin so angry, its because i'm, and i'm really upset at the things that happened. When i bought the car, I never doubted a single thing, but now i must hessitate to do a double check, i'd prefer a triple check and a confirmation from my best buddy ROBST162.

If i can get those above fixed with an economical bracket, then i'll definately keep the car, else i'll bite the dust and sell it as a project car. Remember the shell is 100%, no rust, only a few small dent + scratches on LHF

BTW, tell me something guys, this car used to be an AUTO, it was converted into manual, i'm trying to find out if the ECU is the same?

I'm really looking forward to you guys giving me some solutions. I thank you all for your time in reading this, and i do apologize in regards to my swearing, and i do wish that the next update i post will be something positive.

I DONT regret in getting this red car, cause it's given me quite a bit of knowledge. However, i do regret in life that i sold my white lightning, cause that was a fucken stupid move! DJ you shoulda came over and punched my head ! Mad But in the end the blame was not intended to anyone but myself for being a big fool and sold the celica!!

Again i thank you, and be well
Chopin
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:01

DJ you shoulda came over and punched my head !

is this offer is open??

but I have a idea to solve your money problems....you pickup prostution??

hehe sorry to hear about everything anyways dude, im sure some of the real "elite expert ST162 engineers" will be in shortly to give ya answers. im only hear to keep the peace (hmm thats straight from matrix reloaded)
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin
I am no expert or professional when it comes to such intricate mechanical work. I am willing to help in any way possible to the peak of my tecnical knowledge and ability to get it up and running to its full potential.

I have been speaking with Rob and we are willing to help in any way we can. I have been searching for a replacemnt engine for you for a couple of weeks now with no sucess, and I would be willing to spend the weekend with some of the boys help ofcourse to help put it in for ya. and if that is not an option then we can try to rectify the problems, we can do the HG and other things ourselves and would make a nice day. ill do a BBQ or something. I am not one to run away from anything mate and you know I am always there for you.

Karl
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing the HG is a piece of pie. I've taken the head off *that* many times on a 162 I can do it in about an hour and a half by myself, either with intake manifold attached or unattached and left in the engine bay Smile

Unfortunately you live absolutely miles away Razz

CVs - also quite easy to do, just make sure you have a 30mm socket handy (well it's was 30mm for the hub nuts on my GT4, I think the 162's are the same).

As for 2nd gear synchro, I wouldn't bother reco'ing that. If you are bothered by it chuck some thicker oil in the gearbox and maybe some additives (which are usually just 'fancy pants' viscosity improvers). Actually I tell a lie - i *would* bother to recondition the synchro, but I wouldn't recommend that anyone else does Very Happy Too much hassle/$$$.

The power window thing, I'm guessing that's related to the switch? I've had the same problem in my GT4 and it makes me want to kill the damn power windows altogether. Save yourself the trouble and get a good auto-sparky to have a go at it.

Although I don't know about the ECU - I would hazard a guess that ALL of the auto-transmission stuff is taken care of by it's own ECU (ECT I think? Electronic Control Transmission) which is from what I've seen just another computer that sits under the stereo.

Also - it's really REALLY common for older ST162s to run rich, so it's quite an easy assumption to make when they exhaust gas starts to look a bit cruddy. As for what causes it, well take your pick, EGR, EGO or AFM or ???. I've never got around to checking any of 'em. Very Happy

Oh and two more final things. ST162s break alot, so get used to it Laughing Secondly - if your car is using oil, make sure you top it up like crazy, the last thing you want to oil surge - 3S-GEs (along with many other engines) will quite quickly kill a bearing if starved of oil even for a moment. First tell tale sign of oil surge is for the head to make a slight ticking noise on hard cornering, and eventually even hard braking. If you can hear this, then be careful!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 00:08

First tell tale sign of oil surge is for the head to make a slight ticking noise on hard cornering, and eventually even hard braking. If you can hear this, then be careful!

FUCK!

OK i seriosuly cant drive this ... cause its ticking >_< ON normal cornering... i'm hopeing im wrong here... i'd rather what i'm hearing is the CVz... but it is ticking when i go around corners at normal speed.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sounds like a cv joint problem, just get a louder exhaust so you can't hear it.. Laughing
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 08:34

yeah sounds like a cv joint problem, just get a louder exhaust so you can't hear it.. Laughing

Brilliant idea Very Happy

But no mods till all these issues is sorted Sad
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:39

Chopin
I am no expert or professional when it comes to such intricate mechanical work. I am willing to help in any way possible to the peak of my tecnical knowledge and ability to get it up and running to its full potential.

I have been speaking with Rob and we are willing to help in any way we can. I have been searching for a replacemnt engine for you for a couple of weeks now with no sucess, and I would be willing to spend the weekend with some of the boys help ofcourse to help put it in for ya. and if that is not an option then we can try to rectify the problems, we can do the HG and other things ourselves and would make a nice day. ill do a BBQ or something. I am not one to run away from anything mate and you know I am always there for you.

Karl

Karl mate, how are you? heard you got the GT2 back Very Happy, how is it? Mate dont get me wrong in my update, i mean no offense to anyone and esp you. You've done a lot to help me in many things. I think all this had happen just because we overlooked a few problems, and led to beleive that other signs were just nothing major or due to the fact that the engine havent been started for a year.

I understand things like this happen, and its really nobody's fault. Your offer to help me is very kind, and i really do need all the help i can get from kind people like yourself. Smile I mean shit, if it didnt come to me, it'd prolly happen to someone else, and they might just bin the whole car, so i'm happy i bought it off you mate.

~CK
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Wed, 30 March 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok time for a little switcharoo on the HG if everything adds up

has it overheated ever?

if the head is straight it's a one evening job too easy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Thu, 31 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there's a difference between the head making wierd noises and the CVs making wierd noises, the head will only make noises on *hard* cornering (and I mean hard!). And it may not even be an oil surge problem, if the oil is full and you know that the pick-up and pump are in good nick, then it's possible that your head is just in need of a good bath Very Happy
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Thu, 31 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sorry to say it, but i would of kept that white lightning. that car was almost as good as my old 162.
i miss my 162, LOL, well kinda.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * NOW FACED WITH MANY MANY PROBLEMS * * * Thu, 31 March 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey chopin... Sorry to hear about your car bro... Dont worry you will get it up and running soon dont worry... Wink Man when u first bought it to my house and u took me for a drive it was running like a dream... Smooth as... Chopin i went through this to but i got thorugh it.. If i can get though you can man.. Just look for a engine.. Ill help yeah look as well Wink good luck man
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Fri, 01 April 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin.

the GT2 is going great ... Very Happy

NOW

whats in the past is over. lets look towards the future mate.

I think that the 1st thing we need to do is to get a trusted diagnosis from someone who isnt in it just for the $$$. if its the bottom end...well I will have to step aside as I have absolutely no idea where to start. once we know what the exact problem is we can tackle it. go out and get all the parts required to repair it.

lets get the ball rolling.

other option is that we repair Rabsy's old motor if he is willing to donate it. (just a thought) and when its done its just a matter of remove and replace. let me know what you guys think.

Karl
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 02 April 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Dreams about using whast left of my money on a GT4 Front cut*

Slap Slap

Wakes up

hmm.... not a bad dream hey Very Happy

Ok reality, replaceing the engine is one alternative... but is there anythign we can do about this one? since if the KM's on it is geniun, then its still a pretty young motor, and i dont really want to trash it. But if theres no alternatives.

I think i'll need Rob to take a look at it first, see what he thinks what needs to be done, i think his pretty experienced. If the motor has to be replaced, then i think i'll seriously ask for your advices here on weather to put just a normal 3SGE in there... or give the thumbs up to the 3SGTE. I'm not sure abuot the procedure of doing engine swap and that, so how much more difficult is it to get the GTE in there instead of the 3SGE?

Let me know what you guys think, i'm happy with what ever can get this car rolling
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Sat, 02 April 2005 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is probably not what you want to hear, but nobody has suggested it and it could mean more money if you dont know...

Noone has suggested the fact that the head MAY be cracked... If so, this is so then it could be a much bigger expense than just the HG. I'm nothing close to an expert in this matter so don't get all worried, but yeah, if your head is cracked, changing a HG will do absolutely nothing, and chemiweld can be a quick fix that can last you about 50,000kms for only around $80. Eventually I'm sure your dream of a GT4 front cut will come true and you'll have a brand new engine, dont ever give up on that dream dude. Cool

Also the gearbox problem, cant it be avoided? I've started off from full stop in 3rd gear on flat ground.. WITH A 4KC Shocked... so I'm quite sure you'd be able to jump from 1st to 3rd? Ofcoarse this would be annoying as hell hearing those low revs and shit, and the accelleration curve would be pretty ghey, but it would temporarily save your money for the more important HG and CV's, and eventually the dream Very Happy.

Cheers
Kev.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Mon, 04 April 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, a bit of chemiweld might keep ya going for a few months

I have a spare head here anyway, and I am sure Karl does too.. so we can source one of these pretty easy if needed
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Mon, 04 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 11:12

I have a spare head here anyway, and I am sure Karl does too.. so we can source one of these pretty easy if needed

Thanks Rob mate, you free this weekend? the car's drinking through that enigne oil pretty rapidly. and its taking bloody AGes to start in the morning now.

But something good happened yesterday!

I fixed that passenger side window!!! Shocked
With the knowledge that Karl's given me before + a few attempts, i managed to open the switch and cleaned the dirt inside it! now the driverside's passenger window works!! as well as the passengers side as well!!

But only one let down!! MY Driverside window now dont have AUTO down!! >_< Rolling Eyes Mad
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Mon, 04 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 06:29

i know this is probably not what you want to hear, but nobody has suggested it and it could mean more money if you dont know...

Noone has suggested the fact that the head MAY be cracked... If so, this is so then it could be a much bigger expense than just the HG. I'm nothing close to an expert in this matter so don't get all worried, but yeah, if your head is cracked, changing a HG will do absolutely nothing, and chemiweld can be a quick fix that can last you about 50,000kms for only around $80. Eventually I'm sure your dream of a GT4 front cut will come true and you'll have a brand new engine, dont ever give up on that dream dude. Cool

Also the gearbox problem, cant it be avoided? I've started off from full stop in 3rd gear on flat ground.. WITH A 4KC Shocked... so I'm quite sure you'd be able to jump from 1st to 3rd? Ofcoarse this would be annoying as hell hearing those low revs and shit, and the accelleration curve would be pretty ghey, but it would temporarily save your money for the more important HG and CV's, and eventually the dream Very Happy.

Cheers
Kev.

Thanks for that mate, ill keep an eye out to see iof the head's cracked. and lateron, if i dont get a GTE now, (which i doubt i want to) i'm sure that i'll be saaving up for a fully sic GT4 Smile ST165 ofcause *Maybe ST185* Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Chopin's New Red 1988 Celica SX * * * Pictures Included ! * * * Mon, 04 April 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
alliance_22 wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 11:32

RobST162 wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 11:12

Thanks Rob mate, you free this weekend? the car's drinking through that enigne oil pretty rapidly. and its taking bloody AGes to start in the morning now.

But something good happened yesterday!

I fixed that passenger side window!!! Shocked
With the knowledge that Karl's given me before + a few attempts, i managed to open the switch and cleaned the dirt inside it! now the driverside's passenger window works!! as well as the passengers side as well!!

But only one let down!! MY Driverside window now dont have AUTO down!! >_< Rolling Eyes Mad

you can make it auto! take it off and snap the little tab that stops the switch depressing totally off

not free this weekend mate, bro's wedding following weekend, lots of craziness hapenning sorry!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My sisters sc430 lexus ;) 3uz-fe powahh!
Next Topic:First Car - RA65 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:31:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095529556274414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.