Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What should i get next....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 12:07

Hey cool1 , read again what you posted " The conversion is already under way. " does that not spell out YOUR doing the conversion Rolling Eyes Yeah you not going to prove it right Very Happy .

What about the corner weighing in rallying , some large holes are appearing in your story Shocked

"You think a car modification is all about painting your car white with a black bonnet." what drug are you on ? You really haven't read any post of mine and must be confusing me with some else Laughing I have lost count of how many cars i have been a part of there conversions .

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=58826&start=0&rid=1935&S=efc9f4516d7 258b2f65b92dbbcf8fc5f

3 weeks full time , mostly waiting for parts to arrive , about 3 1/2 months dialing the set up while still driving it maybe a few saturday morning here and there . Touched it once in a year . And the bonnets not black yet if that gives better lap times Laughing .

Thats why my point with your ridiculous conversion is Confused , the time spent in building the st165 rwd and money . Only to find thats its a complete pile of crap in the end whilst everyone else has built cheaper cars which work better .

I will give you a example : the runner up in the 2 litre sports sedans two years ago has been out of the competition for 1 1/2 years building a new motor set up and altering the car suspension . The engine has been build from scratch lots of times chasing the 150hp per litre mark , and the body has been altered for a lower ride height , the caster geometry has been changed and maybe some rewiring . After one day a weekend and nights during the week the car finally gets to the track again . Guess what its only 2 seconds quicker .

If the time spent working on the car was spent on driving the car the same time would have been achieved maybe .

Even sometime the best of ideas don't produce the desired result , so there no way a crap idea will ever produce a good result . And a idea with no previous history to back up it could even work .

Gt love that idea , especially the Microleb electronic carby cool1 might need one in 2050 when the st165 rwd is finished .

I still dont see where I said I was doing the 165 RWD conversion?
  Send a private message to this user    
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool1, i dont know you as well as i know adam, and i dont normally throw my five cents in a battle for no reason, but to call adam, ie improv86 a takumi wannabe and that he needs a black bonnet is a clear insult i know u cant back up. read his post on the 86 he built. then come back with an informed opinion.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is it wrong to say what I said when he is saying the things he said about me?
Just because I don't get to work on my car full time doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.
And because you and that kid don't know me you also wouldn't know that I get to hang around a workshop and play with these other cars.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the comment about the black bonnet wasn't really meant to be an insult, I really meant that doing a simple engine conversion is completely different to fully redesigning and modifying everything on a car like I am doing.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You fold like a deck chair cool1

If you don't see that you writing " The conversion is already under way. " if this is not meant to say you are doing this conversion maybe you should have re-phrased it " i know a mate of mate of mate's dog which is thinking of doing a st165 rwd conversion " because that would have been closer to the truth .

Then as people started questioning your conversion you reverted to " Bullshit " etc and just turning to plainly insulting people calling then "kids" etc

You don't have a shred of worth while reasoning behind any of your post even going down the path of corner weighing rally cars please . If you think i was insulting you ability i time and time again asked you for proof of the ability to perform this magical conversion which you are so set on being a drift monster .

Constant digs at people owning ae86's being Takumi wanabees , What are you worried about if people like the car because of initial d , or the fact it won the group A wrc class or many of its only victory's . Or yes the fact its is a favorite with drifters . Why does it make you insecure about the fact that the ta22 was tried in motorsport ? if you are reader of classic car magazine you can read the views of the guys who drove them at the time .

As far as the redesigning the car as you have what does this run of the mill conversion :
1974 Multi-coloured TA22
Recaro seats
Alloy drop tank
Gen 3 3S-GTE
W58 Supra box
RN27 Hilux Diff with MA70 Disk brakes
Which if you did a hour of searching your might come up with a step by step guide to those modifications in up to three languages vs a st165 rwd which you will find jack Laughing

I finishing this i have seen you get on your high horse and bag people so many time taking non one of there ideas or facts into mind , dismissing them as stupid and stooping to stupid insults.
I have seen you warned a few time by the moderators of this forum but when you take it so personally its far to easy to prove you wrong . You really are your worst enemy in most cases and i feel sorry how many people might have been put of doing something i most cases by you misinformed view . So as from now i will take special attention to you posts so you better think before you post such crap in the future .

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man are you dreaming or what? I never said I was doing the RWD 165 conversion, nor did I say I was the rallying expert! The person doing this RWD conversion is the rally expert and I just do the wiring.
And now who is the insecure one? I couldn't care less if someone says "another TA22 owner" or some such shit. So why would you get so upset about me saying shit about 86's with white paint and black bonnets.
And if you think the only mods to my car are what is in my sig, may be you should pay attention to more of my posts.
Also if you have such a problem with me bagging people on the Internet, maybe you should get of it. The Internet or anything on it is not something to be taken seriously. If you do take it seriously you need some mental help.
Last but not least, I don't take anything personally on here. I find this one big game trying to sucker people in and make them argue. I would bet there are a few people that know me reading this laughing at the fact that you just keep biting and biting.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Would you not take the fact that from " The conversion is already under way. " you have done a about face turn to your are doing the wiring or some crap with no proof once again .
I am sorry that you lied about the conversion that really you have nothing to do with or exists . You are so lost in doubt in my mind that the lie continues that you don't even face that fact THAT YOU WROTE IT are you suffering some new form of selective hearing , called selective reading . Biting , not really you are the one who has to defend your crap . I take personally when i spot a bullshitter a mile away Laughing might have to do with my history of arguing with car manufactures for a job also .

I hope people get a laugh out of how much crap you do post . As far as paint bonnets you couldn't be further from the truth , my car is factory two tone and even after everyone who has ever seen the car commenting "Hey when you going to paint it" and they all get the answer "Why it won't make it faster" .
Please never get me confused with a Takumi wanabee , i had sprinters way before that started .

As far car modifications i don't really read stuff on dated conversions or normal already covered done modifications . The tech section is full of just the same stuff day after day to boring to read most of the time .Maybe thats why i haven't read anything about your car but once again surprise me with some evidence to differ Laughing

Your might forget that here in Melbourne IDB was doing 3S-GTE conversions into ta's ra's how many years ago , the first one i spotted was racing a vl turbo out at greens road maybe 10years ago so its really nothing new . And mostly people like them have worked all the problems out for anyone else following that path . And with the amount of information on the topic i would be really surprised if anyone couldn't do that conversion with half a clue .

But really the rwd st165 what where you smoking , turn a front wheel drive car to rear wheel drive to be used in a destructive type of motorsport , maybe built into a space frame chassis with a unlimited budget . Hey why not just buy a old pikes peak trd celica st and remove the front drive shaft it could be lots easier . Simon i will give you $100 donation if you can raise the other million for the car .

Hey maybe i should say good to see someone thinking outside the square so to say . Or "Man are you dreaming or what?"

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 07:48]

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 18:17

But really the rwd st165 what where you smoking , turn a front wheel drive car to rear wheel drive to be used in a destructive type of motorsport , maybe built into a space frame chassis with a unlimited budget.

ST165 is 4WD = it already has the tunnels, etc for RWD.

I think a drifting RWD ST165 is a great idea! Smile
Would definatley be somthing different.

AE86 drift car has been done to death... they are not special anymore, no matter whats under the bonnet.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 08:00]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P you might have come in the middle of this , maybe read the first page , its not using any existing drive-line parts Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 18:29

But really the rwd st165 what where you smoking , turn a front wheel drive car to rear wheel drive to be used in a destructive type of motorsport , maybe built into a space frame chassis with a unlimited budget.

AE86 drift car has been done to death... they are not special anymore, no matter whats under the bonnet.

its not about being special, its about being competitive...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 17:59

I'm glad at least one other person on here knows what an ST165 is.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey whats with the bickering...

yet to decide... decision made soon. either way it will have a toyota engine Wink
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 04:41

M.W.P. wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 17:59

I'm glad at least one other person on here knows what an ST165 is.

Yes a tunnel for a drive-shaft , not a w series gearbox or have we changed our mind about that as well Rolling Eyes . Still no comment on the earlier post i see Laughing

Toyota motor hey Simon , theres a guy who has just started posing on this site from Melbourne building a 2ZZ-GE to rear wheel drive w series box conversion , but its going into a ae86 not a st185 platform . Might be worth a look at if cost wasn't a option for something different . There supercharge kits available for those motors now but a big budget sponsor would be needed to pay for that Sad ..

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 11:39]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd go the soarer....

or even an ra60 with 1ggte? Very Happy
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah... not to interupt your argument, but settle down girls. can't you do this over p.m?

it's not about what car simon's getting anymore lol
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: What should i get next.... Wed, 16 February 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOOOAAAAH> GEEZUZ!!

The kids are at it!
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: What should i get next.... Sun, 20 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignoring the above stuff, casue I am too lazy to read it.

What to get next

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=49355&rid=236&S=5549174c77b26e4f09e7042c 67a510bf&pl_view=&start=0#msg_538113

appologies if its been mentioned before

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What should i get next.... Sun, 20 February 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go an mz10 or gz10 soarer.. soarer looks and a lot lighter than the 20 series, 1jz goes in as easy as an ma61.. if its good enough for d1 people. im sure it would go okay
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: What should i get next.... Sun, 20 February 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you decide to not go with a toyota, may I suggest a Nissan Laurel? It's a little different, but I have heard that it is a good drift platform.

Can't argue with a drifting sprinter sitting on a 10,000 rpm rev limiter though; it is sooooo awesome!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What should i get next.... Sun, 20 February 2005 22:00 Go to previous message
Alright enough of the bitch fights. If you want to argue the merits of a specific conversion with a specific person feel free to do it in privacy but keep it off the forum.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JDM RA23/28 Bonnet mirrors...
Next Topic:MR2club.com.au down?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 15:18:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057580471038818 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.