Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1j auto clutch packs.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 15:03 Go to next message
I've got a problem with my 1J auto, I'm not sure of the code, but it's the one from the chasers. Anyway, the gears are starting to slip pretty badly, which being an auto, isn't good at all.

Basically, I was wondering how much it'd cost to fix, I'ts kind of embarrassing reving the car to get it to move at lights etc when it's an auto :\
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting your auto rebuilt will cost a shiteload more than buying a replacement. If it was me I'd do that, or even better take the opportunity to do a manual conversion!
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to put a manual in it, except I can't drive manual very well, and I don't have the funds to convert it and get a few other problems fixed (like insurance Wink)

what's the going rate for an auto box?

edit: hmm... if I can get all the required bits, I might go manual.. I just checked some prices for w58's (that's the box I need right?) in the for sale section, not as much as I thought it was going to be.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 16:00]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has the auto been serviced?

when was the last time u changed the fluid?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
listen to rob the man - fluid changes in autos can make a big difference, and add many kms to their life!

The w58s are cheap, yes.

but add the 2jz-ge bellhousing, flywheel and associated crap and it is not as cheap. (or easy to come by)
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On that note, is the box full of fulid? They have a tendency to slip when they aren't full. Also you need to check the fluid when it is hot and running/idling in park/neutral...

Cheers
Wilbo
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Wed, 16 February 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 07:09

On that note, is the box full of fulid? They have a tendency to slip when they aren't full. Also you need to check the fluid when it is hot and running/idling in park/neutral...

Cheers
Wilbo

Deadright check the fluid level.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Thu, 17 February 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rightyo, I'll check it out tomorrow guys.

I'd been planning on getting the engine / gearbox serviced, but I haven't had the money :\ but that'll be sorted out soon. I'll still check the fluids though.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1j auto clutch packs. Thu, 17 February 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
If its is low on oil which its sounds you will be doing damage to your box, autos dont like hot oil!

So hurry and check that shit out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine code confusion
Next Topic:HELP 1uz-fe hilux
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:34:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058450698852539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.