Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Air bag suspension?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 08:12 Go to next message
I did do a search but did not get any certain info on this.

Anyhow, does anyone know or think they know of the legal and illegal sides of airbag suspesion. In NSW if possible.

I have read of it being illegal to have a height control switch accessible when ur in ur car.

Also if anyone knows anything of the technical side of things.

Cheers, Jeff
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring an engineer.
They will tell you.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's legal in NSW as long as it's engineered, as far as I know. And aslong as you don't change the hight whilst driving / don't drive so it's under 10mm off the ground.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 23:10

It's legal in NSW as long as it's engineered, as far as I know. And aslong as you don't change the hight whilst driving / don't drive so it's under 10mm off the ground.

100mm
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of this i had a guy in a white MERC!!!! with this setup. i too though it was illegal like hydraulics but he had it

and he was adjusting it while driving... i was spinning out cause he was right behind me and all i see is this car going up and down Laughing BUT ON MERC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brand new one too and the guy looked like he was in his early 20s
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 02:12

peeack wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 23:10

100mm

Yeah, that's what I ment ^_^
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have You Ever tryed to sit on a fit ball before ?
I'd assume it would be a bit like that .
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx, thats wat i needed to know. I was kinda hoping it was 10mm, but that just makes it impossible to drive wen ur not on the highway.

Cheers for the info anyway.

Do u think that a person that knows the basic geometry of suspension setups and how it works would be able to install it, or is it more of a professional job?

PS that 20 year old in that merc is one lucky mo fo.

---jeff---
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more of a pro job unfortunately, on most vehicles there is extensive chassis ior subframe manipulation involved, which sucks, the basic install is easy getting the car ready for it is harder, what car did you have in mind
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 02:12

speaking of this i had a guy in a white MERC!!!! with this setup. i too though it was illegal like hydraulics but he had it

and he was adjusting it while driving... i was spinning out cause he was right behind me and all i see is this car going up and down Laughing BUT ON MERC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brand new one too and the guy looked like he was in his early 20s

AHAH I went on a hot 4's cruise 2 newcastle and i saw this guy and a vy ss ute both on bags

:P:P it was nuts lol

NOLAN
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be for my RA28.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will need whats called a strut bag for the front and standard ones on the back, google it, you will probably have to get something from the USA
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Thu, 17 February 2005 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Altho they can be rather immature and crude, some of the guys at http://downundertruckin.tk/ might be bale to help, try searchin, there is plenty of info there, u just gotta find it.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Air bag suspension? Fri, 18 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 01:42

Dealer
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Air bag suspension? Sat, 19 February 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have always wondered wether airbags would give a good ride compared to say a coil over suspension setup. just in terms of cornering and high speed stability.
anyways there is a rather large advert that regularly appears in Street Machine (congrats to Sean Basford for getting his mug in there by the way) by the way of www.airbagit.com, they also have some distributors in each capital city.
give them a holler.
ps i think the email address is reece@chassistech.com
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Sun, 20 February 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunty wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 13:01

fade-e wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 01:42

Dealer

bahahah yeah he looked like 1 aswell

Razz

NOLAN
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Air bag suspension? Sun, 20 February 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was the guy driving the white merc dark/asian... if so i know him.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Sun, 20 February 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.bigpond.net.au/burnin/Index.htm
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Mon, 21 February 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 18:32

was the guy driving the white merc dark/asian... if so i know him.

yeah dude sounds very much like him

NOLAN
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Air bag suspension? Mon, 21 February 2005 11:38 Go to previous message
Group buy maybe?? Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!!
Next Topic:PCD info please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:33:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054991245269775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.