Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Broken Speedo, info?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Slip_87SX
Newcomer

February 2005
Broken Speedo, info? Wed, 16 February 2005 14:59 Go to next message
hey guys cheers in advance for any info you can provide, any would be highly appreciated.

my car (1987 Celica SX, or a GT3 for the peeps in the US) recently bottomed out over a rediculous speed hump (my car aint even lowered) and since then the speedo and tachometer have decided to quit on me, i figure that since all my other dash equipment still works, engine temp, revs etc, i was thinking that perhaps the jolt of the car bottoming out may have caused some plug to come loose or something like that, do you guys have any idea what could cause this?

P.S Shout out to 'WANKER' (a username, it aint abuse) if u come across this post. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Broken Speedo, info? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slip_87SX wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 22:59

the speedo and tachometer have decided to quit on me, i figure that since all my other dash equipment still works, engine temp, revs etc,

ummm...?

just check your speedo wire, go down to a toyota dealership and ask for their workshop manual for your car, they're friendly, and they'll give you a look for nothing Smile
Slip_87SX
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Broken Speedo, info? Wed, 16 February 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, i feel ya, odometer, my bad, late at night my hands and brain dont co-operate with each other, yeh, will try the dealers, cheers eh
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Broken Speedo, info? Thu, 17 February 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check what's broken.

Try and find the speedo drive on your gearbox and check it still looks ok. Or if its mechanical you can pull it out and spin it by hand and see if your speedo moves (this will drop your gearbox oil too). If the speedo moves then your sender is rooted, if it deosn't then something in the cable or dash cluster has gone.

Hen
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Broken Speedo, info? Thu, 17 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 23:03

Check what's broken.

Try and find the speedo drive on your gearbox and check it still looks ok. Or if its mechanical you can pull it out and spin it by hand and see if your speedo moves (this will drop your gearbox oil too). If the speedo moves then your sender is rooted, if it deosn't then something in the cable or dash cluster has gone.

Hen

yeah on my ma61 just before i pulled out the w58, i discovered it had a broken nylon gear from the speedo drive - hence it not working...not hard to find...
Slip_87SX
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Broken Speedo, info? Fri, 18 February 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
Cheers guys, much appreciated, i'll check it out 2day, i got a mate who used to be in the wrecking business so he should be able to identify these things for me
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:safc wiring 1g
Next Topic:3S-GTE into TA22?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 13:54:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054068565368652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.