Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
corolla madness
Regular

January 2003
Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 02:27 Go to next message
Apart from Tempe tyres are there any other good mag wheel shops in Sydney as in price service etc. I'm looking at trading in the 17's for 16's with some sort of cash adjustment in their favor though.
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try AGR Tyres in Sefton. They've got good prices on tyres and I've seen that they sell mags, so you might get good prices from them.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u looked at the price of rubber 4 16 as apposed 2 17. 17 rubber is cheaper.
any way there is ozzy tyres www.ozzytyres.com.au
or big o tyres http://www.bigotyres.com.au
or blears tyres i think thats how u spell it?
there is also Australia's best http://www.tyres.com

NOW im not saying there good or bad but go 2 australias best
1st becaues u wont need 2 go eny were els after that.

hope i have been help full.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've heard only good things about "australia's best" - and they were good to deal with over the phone (even though they couldn't get what I wanted).

-I doubt you'll get cash in hand swapping used 17's for new 16's, and like puzzleman said, pretty sure 17" rubber is both cheaper and easier to get nowadays than 16" gear. 16" is sort of the forgotten wheel size, the smelly kid no-one wants to play with~ ! Laughing
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 14:46

Yeah, I've heard only good things about "australia's best" - and they were good to deal with over the phone (even though they couldn't get what I wanted).

-I doubt you'll get cash in hand swapping used 17's for new 16's, and like puzzleman said, pretty sure 17" rubber is both cheaper and easier to get nowadays than 16" gear. 16" is sort of the forgotten wheel size, the smelly kid no-one wants to play with~ ! Laughing

lol yes thats right dude 17 is just much more common thats y the rubber is cheaper
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I think aussie car manufacturers went with 16"s for maybe 2 years, before jumping into 17"s, which was about 15 years ago ! ! Small, tiny cars tend to stop at 15" wheels (conveniently the standard for steelies on family cars) and everything bigger just looks too damn good on 17"s or 18"s ! !

I think the last Commodore on 16"s (factory) was the series 1 VT "S" pack, but I think even the series 2 "S" got 17's.

16" is just such a ghey size, what can I say?!?! Surprised
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the whole hijack thing Razz , but i was thinking of getting 16's for my ae82 corolla seca, but since 17 rubber is cheaper, maybe i should go for 17's. will they fit and not look overly large?
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rate AGR in sefton. great bloke to deal with
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my opinion 17's do not look good on a ae82...but 16's sit nicely under the guards
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 19:29

in my opinion 17's do not look good on a ae82...but 16's sit nicely under the guards

yeah, that's what i thought, but the cost... Confused
anyway, ill probably go the 16's, but that wont be for a while, need some money Sad
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that Tempe will give you the best price.Just get their early to avoid the massive rush during the afternoon.
corolla madness
Regular

January 2003
Re: Good mag wheel shops Fri, 18 February 2005 12:01 Go to previous message
Only doing it due to a defect threat from an undercover copper. Might consider having them engineered if possible might be a cheaper option because the tyres still have some good tread on them. So anyone got any good contacts for engineers.

Also when i meant cash adjustment i meant me paying them extra not them pay me i would be dreaming if they were to pay me.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 12:02]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone know Grant blundell's phone no?
Next Topic:Qld raceway.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:00:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006943941116333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.