Toymods » Tech & Conversions » aftermarket aw11 SC pulley

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
medlock
Occasional Poster

July 2004
icon5.gif  aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Thu, 17 February 2005 08:53 Go to next message
hey guys just bought a 87 aw11 mr2 and i am wanting to up the boost. im probably going for a blitz or nevo pulley kit. does anyone know the best place to get them from and roughly how much? im in adelaide

cheers all
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Thu, 17 February 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.nevo.biz
$550 for a 175mm
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Thu, 17 February 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so smaller pulley to get more power but what implications does this mean?

eg how will this new pulley affect things?

will peak power and torque be at different rpm etc etc

quite curious
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Fri, 18 February 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nooooo,

don't waste that much money!!! Thats HUGE dollars for 'fancy pulley' when a simpler solution will do a better job!

I got an +20mm aluminium ring fitted to my crank pulley (old grooves machined off) for $150. My car now makes 11 psi-ish.

The pulley weighs about the same a stock, and still has the rubber harmonic damper ring. Do some searches for harmonic balancers....and you may find why it can be wise to retain this key feature of your crank pulley - duh - it damps harmonic vibrations.

Regards Nick.
medlock
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Fri, 18 February 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nick where abouts did you get this work done and what belt did u use?

did remove/install the pulley yourself. if so how???
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Fri, 18 February 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,
The belt I used for my +20mm pulley (will check belt later) was 5PK-1055 I got it from Repco...its a standard belt for a Ford or Holden or something. Find a machine shop to do the work. As I knew the guy who did mine, I got a cheaper rate BUT even normal rates should be a LOT less the $550! I needed a smaller idler pulley too, that was the hard part. Though you will find one if you're creative enough at maybe a wrecker or buy one from Fensport.co.uk or dare I say Nevo (I asked them) for a rather nasty $145.

It took me about 4-5 hours to put the pulley on and replace the belts. You have to undo the engine side engine mount so you can put a rattle gun on the pulley bolt!!

Cheers, Nick.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Fri, 18 February 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could just buy the 550 pulley that comes with everything you need, and then after youre finished with it, sell it for 400! Thats what i did. These nevos sell like hotcakes + they are damn light.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: aftermarket aw11 SC pulley Sat, 19 February 2005 07:06 Go to previous message
The nevo kits are expensive, but they are also made of very high quality materials which are both expensive to buy and difficult to machine.

It weighs about 1/3 that of a standard crank pulley, which has a similar effect as a lightened flywheel.

I bought a nevo and I think its fantastic.

I highly reccomend them Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:LSD Rebuild
Next Topic:Wire for RPM on ecu..ST185..3sgte anyone know which one?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:06:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047659873962402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.