Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

icon10.gif  The Witzl's new car. UZS131 Crown Fri, 18 February 2005 04:47 Go to next message
It's finally here. It's out of the docks, getting the steam cleaning and vacuuming done, and then off to the workshop for ADR mods and engineers certification for rego. On the road by the 5th March i rekon.

I took a couple of pics this morning when i picked her up from the docks and took her up the road to the quarantine cleaners (aka "rortshop" - it HAS to be done there).

This is the car....

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1108701575.jpg

front view

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1108701625.jpg

interior.... well its a worn steering wheel (yay) and muddy footprint haven here... we'll fix this Very Happy That sony stereo is SOOO gone too.

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1108701757.jpg

this is the other side... derr

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1108702001.jpg

And this was me messing around with the TEMS buttons, and turning the car off whilst the air bags were emptying... maybe. Who cares its low as!! Razz

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1108702134.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 03:49]

Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet,.. very sweet indeed

De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the car mate..congrats on a great purchase Very Happy Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, fuck they are ugly in 100% standard form.

Can't wait for those rims
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know its ugly... but its what's under the bonnet that really counts mate!! Shocked

Those wheels will really help out too in the looks department, along with a clean and some minor changes...

I just love how low these barges can go!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, I know whats under the bonnet, I know ALL about whats under the bonnet.
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok... what the hell is it and what the hell has it got under the hood?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone did a p00 in the front passenger footwell

was that u christening it?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't wait to see it all pimped up!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes Rob, i was desperate to go so where better to go than inside my new car Rolling Eyes ya spaz!!

Its still got all of the dirt and mud from 5 months sitting on the docks and being transported, so its being cleaned atm for quarantine. Its all muddy on the floor mats and waaay dirty on the outside, but the paint is excellent underneath!!

Im pretty happy with it, not a bad example
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome car Karl!

Gota love old jap luxuries cars and all 200+ features Razz
Electric everything Surprised
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it so much I bought the front half of one. Laughing

Now you just need to dump it on its guts.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see the rear in that last pic GT, well thats a glimpse at where it should be riding Wink

p.s. can you keep the air suspension bits intact if possible, i would like to keep them as spares.... and maybe anything else of use - dash bits, electronics, steering components etc etc
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I have got rid of all my air suspension bits (and halfcut) already. Cambelt seagulled them for his 130 series.

Ichiban had a couple of 130 series rear cradles with airbags last time I was there (roughly 400 from memory).

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 09:31]

PyR0~
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the car will look way better when its been pimped with some wheels and all that crap Wink

Whats under the hood? Im guessing maybe a certain 4L Quad Cam 32 Valve V8? Should go good with some mods I reckon Smile

So whats the long term plan? Wolf in sheeps clothing toy barge? Very Happy Hope it all goes well for ya!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers buddy Smile
when i have money again i'll drop in there for some spares Very Happy They were big fans of my frontcut transport system (trailer + pimpboy) last time i was down there Razz

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless it has an aftermarket controller the rear bags are pooped Sad Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 18 February 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay it's REAL! Wink

noce one mate that's cool
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sun, 20 February 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm curious Karl, exactly what ADR mods need to be done to make it legal?

Nice pick up BTW, looks sweet. Can the steering wheel be replaced as well? Looks a bit chipped-up. Sad How much did it cost to get it into Australia?
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sun, 20 February 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome to the CROWN Club

first of the New Skool boys
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 21 February 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and quite possibly the last too.... there won't be any more of these coming into the country with the recent change to the rolling 15 year rule (now fixed 1988 rule)

ADR mods depend on the year of the car, and what the car does/doesnt already have. Usually just side intrusion bars, baby bolts, flat drivers wing mirror, retractable rear seatbelts and a couple of other small things.

Steering wheel maybe not so easy to change, it has an air bag.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 21 February 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also the headlights in some cars need changing and i believe the side mirrors need to be changed. Also under the old scheem the cat had to be replaced in thinks.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Tue, 22 February 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First there was pimp boy, now meet pimp daddy Laughing

Very sweet Karl, can't wait to see it cruising around with all the onlookers going WTF.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Tue, 22 February 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 16:01

and quite possibly the last too.... there won't be any more of these coming into the country with the recent change to the rolling 15 year rule (now fixed 1988 rule).

well im glad i got mine before that happened

sweet car witz, did you just like the thought of getting a very different car?

what year month is your new baby?

all they done to mine was side intrusion bars, and ancor points in the parcel shelf, threw a few numbers in the chasis number and thats about it, then blue slipped it with 2 bald tyres and i drove it from sydney to tamworth with no plates

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 05:55]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Wed, 23 February 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, u should have waited, there is a pimpin crown for sale in brissie

1989 VIP TOYOTA CROWN
108,000 KM
4 CAM LEXUS V8
18 X 14 REAR RIMS
18 X 12 FRONT
A/M SUSPENSION CONTROLLER
HUGE SPORTS EXHAUST
CUSTOM RED PEARL PAINT
HUGE SOUND SYSTEM
JUNCTION PRODUCE WIDE BODY KIT
$14900 NEG

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251850.jpg

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251851.jpg

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251852.jpg

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251853.jpg

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251854.jpg

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-23-11079251866.jpg

Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Wed, 23 February 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW, WTF is that, it kinda looks like a crown but alot worse, they have spoiled a nice crown, what is that stuck to the boot ? Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2005 21:42]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Wed, 23 February 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like they took a crown and tried to make a fully sik VL commo mate!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Wed, 23 February 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's called VIP styling for those that dont know, very far removed from SIK-VL-mods.

I saw that thing (or one very similar) on yahoo auctions and was tempted to buy, but was outside of my price range. Plus im not the biggest fan of red, and 12" wide rims.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks to me that the VIP body kit on that crown has been heavily modified from the ones ive looked at or do Junction Produce make hidious body kits like that?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf, the owner of that should get the grinder out and cut the extra 50cm of wing and tailpipe off. Imagine burning yourself on that bitch every time u go to the boot.

Witzl your crown is nice, love the old mans car look, with more power then a 4 cyl hehe.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it here yet.. Is it here yet ... is it here yet? awww dad!!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VIP body kits just aren't my thing. Plus I see sooo many VL commos that look LIKE that, similar styling.

Please do not put a VIP body kit on that crown... Smile
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
powder coated gold wheels with chrome trimming in 19inch decked on the floor???? mmmmmmmmmm fantasy number: 52
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like an SV21 Camry at the back...only..bigger. Very Happy
Nice...very nice.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SV21 my butt!!!

more pics to come over the weekend hopefully.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know whats under the bonnet so shed some light?..
or it just the normal 1uz?.. i woulda taken from that there was extra
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does that not look like an SV21 at the back? It's just bigger and bulkier. The lights are also joined across..but that the only dif..even the bumper looks the same. The front on the other hand.....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can keep trying dude, I'm just not seeing it. That's stretching the imagination so far you could do that with a number of models.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been feeding my brain alcohol and as much as i try.. it just looks like a crown...
if it did look like an sv21.. people wouldnt buy them
what did u pay witzl?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Thu, 24 February 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder if you could get it complied without airbags... they weren't compulsory back in 1989-1990
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no well i dont think taking the bags out would be a problem its just finding something else to replace them would be the hardest part
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrozen_Death wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 14:50

no well i dont think taking the bags out would be a problem its just finding something else to replace them would be the hardest part

i think he is talking about airbags as in steering wheel
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the air bags are fine and i got it home.

http://www.witzl.com/crown/engine 1.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/crown/dash 1.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/crown/crown 1.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/crown/digidash.jpg

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that interior factory?
so retro
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that PIMP man
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Fri, 25 February 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interior is what i call "Toyota faded blue", its still good though - well cushy and all the electrics still work.

there are more features on this thing than i care to know about.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sat, 26 February 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's nice mate, very nice! I'll have to get myself a lux0barge one of these days.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sat, 26 February 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All you need now is for XZIBIT to come over and PIMP YOUR RIDE

P.S Got to love the purple seats
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sat, 26 February 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So have you had a chance to drive it much more than off the docks?

How does it go?

M

(Still thinking about one...)
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sun, 27 February 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that a mini-disc slot in the Sony deck? Are you planning on selling it?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Sun, 27 February 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, sony cd/md dble din head unit. FS very soon (pm an offer if you like).

factory interior minus the head unit, including the factory floor mats with "CROWN" embroidery (cleaned up now).

Driving this is cruisy, but BIG. It's by no means nimble but it is comfy as anything! Put your foot down and it sure as hell has the instant torque of a V8, then rev it out past 5000rpm and you still hardly hear the thing!!
I havent driven around with the aftermarket air suspension controller, and by the same token i dont really know how to use the thing yet!!

Air con is nice and cold too Very Happy
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably a dumb question at this point but any ideas how much fuel it's likely to use?
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and nice ST185 GpA in the garage BTW...tough decision on what to drive each day ?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the grp A isnt mine, so there is no choice for me Smiley =

Now i need to find what DBA has for discs for this barge, and maybe even what upgrades i can do Wink The discs are warped now so i'll have to do something, might as well upgrade whilst im here Nod

Ideas anyone? I was thinking of comparing to UZZ31/JZZ30 soarer or JZA80/JZA70 supra (of course jza80 will be bigger, but $$).

More pics will come as work begins Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory, the discs are very similar to some Tarago ones. Can't comment on the rears except to say they are small.
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would hate it if something went wrong with it, trying to source parts for the thing would be an absolute pain in teh ass...
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i agree it will be hard to get body bits for, drivetrain shouldnt be much of a problem
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard panels shouldn't be much of a problem with SV21 parts fitting or something Razz
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Mon, 28 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my crown looks more like a sv21 than witzl's but lets not get into making crown and camry's into something like the soapra thing Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Witzl's new car. UZS-131. Only days from being on the road Wed, 02 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
its a crown, its not a bloody camry!!
a corolla is closer related to a camry, at least a corolla is FWD.
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blake's 1976 MS85 SUPER SALOON CROWN
Next Topic:Joel - 3T-GTE 1977 RA28 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:39:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010725021362305 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.