November 2003
watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:05 Go to next message
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12291719-2928 1,00.html Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread is going to get ugly.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing like a bit of contraversy to liven up the day Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good on him. If someone killed my dog by driving like a fucktard It would have got a lot messier than that.

Poor Bloke.

Looks like useless cops have forced him to commit a crime himself.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They live in Melbourne, at least they have a race track to go to should they decide to do the right thing. Seeing as they have that option I don't feel overly sorry for them.

I know that if some one killed my pup I would probably take the law into my own hands...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 11:08

this thread is going to get ugly.

Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
I am of the same opinion, theres only so far you can push a person before they snap.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If somebody killed one of my dogs and showed no remorse i would without a shadow of a doubt put them in hospital.
there are easyer ways to go about things like that,
I would have got a plank then hammered 6 inch nails thru it and put it on road whist they were racing.
If they shot at him they deserve everything they get.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh missed the fact that they shot at him...

that is fucking bad...what is the world coming to?
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the news article says nothing of shotting....

correct me if i am wrong maybe i missed it Confused

ok yep i missed it... says up top

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 01:03]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read the bold stuff at the top.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he had been shot at in previuos occasions same as with the dog, it was the build up that caused him to take action
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is in the title...

which makes you wonder how significant the 'shooting' was...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah this is not good as always the end result is people who drive respecfully in modified cars will get given a harder time yet again .

Really once again the Government is doing jack shit to give young people any outlet for the use of there cars . Wow we have the drags at Calder once every two weeks ? The Drift nights i think are every second weeks as well . But just look at the price , alot of younger people would rather spend the entry money on there car . I know when i was the age of most of the people related to that kind of meet i didn't have the funds to spend on the petrol to power the car , so going to track at $55-$80 would have been out of the question .

Also that happened in the South/East which for people from that area have a bloody long trip across to Calder . In the future Calder might not even be there since the housing area moving in on the track at a fast rate , shit the track was there before people moved in that windy area . And as far as the closest track located to that area Sandown , well you cannot start up a car there during the week without all the resedents complaning . And once again the track was there before the houses Sad. Soon no tracks in the inner melbourne areas , then the result will be the seroius racers turn to the streets then the danger of your local P plater with a six cylinder commodore will look bloody insignificate compaired to 10 second drag cars let loose .

How much would it really cost to stick a track in say a area of that waste land of the side of the south-eastern down the cranbourne end or some area which could easely be driven to by the interlinked freeway system . I have seen the sidestreets in some areas of Melbourne have more spent on changing the curbs to bluestones than a track would cost . It doesnt have to be to world race standards i could just have a 1/8 mile strip with a small circuit for drift , which during the week could be used as a go kart track business to recover some of the costs .
As far as staffing such a place just use a voltantering system which hours worked equal hours free on the track etc . A full time quilified person in the adminstration of such a venture couldn't cost more than the monthly sandwich bill at the local council meetings Laughing .

But really as far as the owner living in that area , surely comerial zoning doesn't permit that occuring ? Yeah if he kept his head in i am sure that he wouldn't have maybe been given a hard time by the racers . Not that i am condoning street racing but people in general stick there noses in on modifing car people far to offen lately . Most younger people cannot even drive down there street with a loud exhaust at the speed limit without some older person giving them a dirty look . Surely they where young once . Most story i hear from people who where 18+ 20-30 years ago which enjoyed cars as a hobby talk of racing someone and every set of lights , every young person when they got on the road just when and purchased the fastest car they could afford . Petrol and the car's where cheaper vs the ecomony and rate of lowest wage at the time , plus people drove drunk all the time which P platers just cannot do now .

Does afew people driving down a street which at that time of night in a area which no people should be living in
vs as a example 15 years ago , the Warbuton run from pub to pub , or the magic mile sorento continantial pub to portsea pub which was on every week. Which seem more dangerious given the age of the vehicle's technology and drunk state of the racers . Easy really , every sunday you could see reefs around trees on any country road drive from such activertys .

And if there such a big proplem he maybe there should think for a second about the states at the moment .

http://nikita.arheim.no/Dateline_Street_Racing.wmv

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck i hate street racers.
That highway stupidity in that vid is just crazy, fucken dumb arses.

They must be the shittest drivers. No No No

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 04:10]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm...
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
our doggie died last monday Sad (hit by a car)

ok i no its completely off topic but im sad cause
my doggies dead..R.I.P RUBY

im sad Sad

back on topic...the only reason they get away is because of cop scanners, poor old bloke i would of skinned them alive if some1 hit my doggie..

NOLAN
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be 2 or 3 racetracks around Melbourne running Thursday and Friday drags, Saturday circuit day, and Sunday drift day. That would be awesome.

Would be good if they could set up a track with a 1/4 mile seperate to the main track, so you could run drags while you where running drift and track days 2.

EDIT: As for all this stuff being different to the old days of "greasemonkies", what was that about? What "oldschool muscle can't be as dangerous as rice rockets!" what a load.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 04:58]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php ?p=107907#post107907
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 16:11

WHOLY CRAP! That's not how the news report made it out at all!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just heard the report on Fox again, making out that some poor caretaker just snapped after being hassled by "street racers".

Was anyone here at the event? Someone call up the radio stations.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some one needs an ass kicking
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 16:39

WHOLY CRAP! That's not how the news report made it out at all!

naturally Rolling Eyes probably never know the truth, but more inclined to believe first hand reports rather than politically correct news reports six degrees down the line
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://serial.arvixe.com/dalec/streetracers.jpg
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what i'd be doing, my dad's got an old 60 series land cruiser with a fuck off big bull bar that would flatten an old aluminium caravan no problems.

What an arsehole.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streets closed, find another way home pizza boy
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex_ta22 wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 18:08

streets closed, find another way home pizza boy

damn you beat me to it.

guess the line didnt work this time Embarassed

"Hello this is krepal your street racing son hit my dog and now im going to shoot him"
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BWHAHAHA

is abtar there?

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I'm going to kill you."
"You're going to kill us!?"
"No no, just joking. Just joking."

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 13:18]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

wrong place at the wrong time, feel sorry for the old bloke
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: watch out racers Fri, 18 February 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 00:52

How can you feel sorry for him? He's a crazy nut. They weren't doing anything wrong and I bet he brought on all this trouble himself. What a crazy f*ckwit. He needs help.

Oh and for a man not wishing to be identified:
Quote:

The man, who is the permanent caretaker of an industrial estate in Kirkham Road in suburban West Keysborough, and lives in a caravan on site

Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 00:52

what?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those doods from the supra forums where at the wrong place at the wrong time, where as the old guy getting attacked and shit from those other streetricer doods (rx3 or VR or wat ever)
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 11:23

those doods from the supra forums where at the wrong place at the wrong time, where as the old guy getting attacked and shit from those other streetricer doods (rx3 or VR or wat ever)

Exactly.

They just happened to be there in their loud cars the night the guy had said enough is enough. Doesn't matter what they were doing, they know they shouldn't have been there. Ultimately they can blame the fuckwits that were racing who didn't happen to be there at that time.

But isn't it funny how they manage to get several squad cars right away while the poor bloke keep getting none. Rolling Eyes

We need more vigilante actions so the idiots that race will find out it's much too dangerous to do it on the streets.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not knowing any of the details of what actually happened, i wont go into whos fault it is.

but surely you are better off racing in an industrial zone than around suburban streets? as far as i understand, one of the points of having industrial zones is that people are not allowed to live in them.

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt think anyone was actually that stupid enough to race in a suburban area... thats just dumb.

Anything could run out from behind a parked car...
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 16:49

not knowing any of the details of what actually happened, i wont go into whos fault it is.

but surely you are better off racing in an industrial zone than around suburban streets? as far as i understand, one of the points of having industrial zones is that people are not allowed to live in them.

It's still a public road, and traffic or not, you're not better off racing on any of them.

As for industrial zones, they're industrial because industrial type trade happens there. They arn't there just for a place for the dudes in trucks to cruise to everyday like macca's is there for you to have a place to cruise to every night.

And no, it's not zoned residential due to the noise and large traffic. Also due to clean air.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: watch out racers Sat, 19 February 2005 14:36 Go to previous message
There's three sides to every story - your side, my side and the truth Razz

Don't get me wrong, the old guy is a AAA grade nutter Shocked But I don't think the other guys were entirely innocent either.

Now I don't know the area but from what I gather on the supraforums site they knew there was a crazy guy with an air rifle fetish. Ignoring this they decided to drive along an old dirt road to meet at the abandoned go kart track anyway, sounds like something out of Scooby-Doo.

Why not meet at the local servo or maccas or wherever instead of going into the middle of nowhere? So maybe they weren't drag racing but i'd wager they were going to do burnouts/donuts or whatever & perhaps smoke a few cones when they ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time...

In my younger days I used to travel a few dirt roads and believe me when I say old guys don't like you trespassing along their private roads. More than once I had them drive up in the middle of the night to see what we were doing and tell us to move along but luckily I didn't end up in this situation...

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 14:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gmail
Next Topic:been at your computer too long today?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:18:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081319808959961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.