Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
adthelad
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Fri, 18 February 2005 05:13 Go to next message
Just wondering if you can put 6 inch speakers in the doors of a MA70 Supra or only 4 inch. If only 4 inch are there any that still sound pretty cool or is it better to put speakers in the back???
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Fri, 18 February 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE SPEAKERS ARE 4 INCH IN THE SUPRA u cant fit the 6 inch speaker as the factory speaker is in a box and is ported Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked so yeah u have to remove the whole box and then u can fit 6 inch if u want , but im actually doing this as we spaek and frankly better off just getting some really good 4inch splits and replaing the stock speakers just pull them out of the box ad put the new ones in

or u can go coustom like me u have to fit some speker pods or wooden soacer or something to cover the holethe box leaes

but eah each one to their own

btw the stockers are not a bad speaker
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Fri, 18 February 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 16:13

THE SPEAKERS ARE 4 INCH IN THE SUPRA u cant fit the 6 inch speaker as the factory speaker is in a box and is ported Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked so yeah u have to remove the whole box and then u can fit 6 inch if u want , but im actually doing this as we spaek and frankly better off just getting some really good 4inch splits and replaing the stock speakers just pull them out of the box ad put the new ones in

or u can go coustom like me u have to fit some speker pods or wooden soacer or something to cover the holethe box leaes

but eah each one to their own

btw the stockers are not a bad speaker

ive got infinity kappa 4' two way coaxials (not splits) int he front and rear and it sounds awesome. not cheap tho by the tme u stuff around trying to fit an average 6', youd be better off buying the 4's
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Fri, 18 February 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to have 6's in my dorrs, but i fucked them off and bolted in some 4" pioneer units i got for under $40, and man were they better!

if i wasnt selling it, i wouldve gone for a 4" and 6" in the door!

but yeah, if you want bass, go for a 6" or 4's backed up by bass type speakers somewhere else in the car, (parcel shelf, sik subwoofer, etc. etc.)
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Fri, 18 February 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
except MA70's don't have a parcel shelf Wink

You can fit anything in anywhere, with the right combination of time + money. But it'd be alot easier to find some decent 4" speakers, there are plenty around that sound pretty good. Don't get put off by the size Wink If you've allready got the 6" ones, you could put them in the back of the car pretty easy. (not the stock locations)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Sat, 19 February 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 01:20

except MA70's don't have a parcel shelf Wink

You can fit anything in anywhere, with the right combination of time + money. But it'd be alot easier to find some decent 4" speakers, there are plenty around that sound pretty good. Don't get put off by the size Wink If you've allready got the 6" ones, you could put them in the back of the car pretty easy. (not the stock locations)

yeah infinity 4.2si or something? KAPPA series anyway. They outperform most 6 inch speakers throughout the WHOLE frequency range.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Sun, 20 February 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a pair of 4" Earthquake splits in mine, sound good...
seven_mgte
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Sun, 20 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5.25" speakers fit with minimal work. I put a pair of bazookas in there and while not exceptional (they were cheap speakers, $25 for the pair) the sound was better than the stock 4 inchers. I just dremmeled out a bit of the plastic enclosure and used that.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Sun, 20 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4" fusion spearkers in my doors, The speaker boxes are pretty good for the 4" speaker bieng ported and sound deadened it brings the midbass out of the little 4"ers. But the 12inch sub in the back is too overpowering for 4" speakers in my opinion, probably need to replace the rear stock spearks with decent 5inch speakers to fill in that frequency hole.

They say 4" speakers are suited to an 8" sub, 6" speakers are better matched to a 12" sub. Otherwise you will find they don't go very well together, even with a good crossover setup.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Sun, 20 February 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm guys ive just finished my speker setup , but unfortunately forgot to take pics Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

i have a soarer and what i did was take the stockers out including the ported box and the rear speakers out as well and i have fitted in 6.5 inch jaycar kevlar woofers (the one out of their kevlar splits-- yellow one lollll)got those for $30 the pair the rubber surrounds were peeling off s some clear silicon and they were fixed and a pair of fake pioneer tweeters (locally made in india -- but still sound very good- got them for like $10)the original ones cost $50(fantastic sound)

then my friend made up a crossover thingo from jaycar (costs $10)looks like a pice of wire just wound around many times (inductor or something like it cant remember the name) mind u the tweeters come with a crossover alredy built in , the jaycar thing was to deliver low frequency to the midranges

then we had some kind of board or thick wood custom made (shitty job) to fit in the door metal frame where the original speakers were fitted then blted the speakers onto it , the tweeters also went into the same area

i also have a 12 inch mtx sub in the boot

so the end result was a good sounding speaker system that didnt cost an arm and a leg

BTW THSESE SPEKERS SOUND WAY LOUDER AND CLEANER THAN THE STOCKERS ITS LIKE SWITCHING THE AUDIO ON UR DVD PLAYER FROM DOLBY DIGITAL TO DTS WHEN THE MOVIE IS PLAYING (without changing the volume) ---- i think all the sound buffs know what im talking about, if u havent tried it yet try it and see

splits from jaycar sell for $250 or so
mine cost
woofers -- 30
tweeters -- 10(from india)
crossover -- 10
subwoofer was bought earlier and i think i paid around 300 for sub and amp

$50 dollars(excluding sub) and two days later i have a good system thats pretty cheap id say

and its all brand new stuff Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

btw audio gear is very cheap in india ive just been there and back thats where i was born and brought up (as my login name states loll) u can get heaps of good quality stuff(mostly pioneer and sony) and also the locally made version of the exact same thing u cant tell the difference(even the packaging is perfect) until u hear them and even then normal people with no taste for sound wouldnt tell them apart and heres the best part they locally made ones cost way way less then the original plus u can bargain , lollllllllll

for eg -- pioneer 6x9 240 watt 3 way speakers
original -- (2800 rupees)(3300 rupees = 100 dollars)
fake ---- (1500 rupees)

remeber u can still bargain from there again Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 22:23]

adthelad
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Speakers in MA70 Supra Door Wed, 09 March 2005 06:55 Go to previous message
Thanks for the advice guys-still looking into things
Has anyone got Focal speakers-sounded great in the store
but $180.00 for a pair of 4 inch speakers is pretty pricey???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Levin grills need help
Next Topic:AE86 snapped hatch cable
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:48:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005234956741333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.