Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 01:31 Go to next message
Installment 4 of Shiris AMR will be focusing on the korean box office hit My Sassy Girl. I havn't met a single person who hasn't fallen in love with this story after watching it and I believe even the bogan australians who hate subtitles will be touched by this film.

Back in 2001 Korea was hit by a fanatic craze for the Romantic Comedy My Sassy Girl. By the end of the year, it had become the second highest grossing film of 2001 (The Gangster Saga of Friend just pushed it out of the way). The story is based on, believe it or not a true story, which was then a Web Journal posted by Kim Ho-Sik that detailed his relationship with his far from conventional college girlfriend.

The story starts out simple enough, Gyeon-Woo, a single korean college student, still not sure what he wants to be in the future crosses paths with an extremly beautifull, yet extremly drunk girl on a late night train. Just before the girl passes out she calls out to Gyeon and calls him 'Honey'. The other train users assuming Gyeon to be the hapless boyfriend demand that he takes care of her. Gyeon's chilvery takes over as he carries the girl what seems miles to a safe hotel, but instead of just dropping her off and leaving, finds himself intreged and captivated by the girl and vows that he will do what ever he can to heal her sorrow.

Perhaps unfortunitly, he gets far more than he bargined for as the girl manages to wrap him around her finger. A girl whose dramatic mood swings are outmatched only by her tendency for sociophathic behavour. When the two dine out, if Gyeon-Woo orders anything but coffee the girl promptly asks 'Do you want to die?' needless to say he promptly orders coffee. When her feet begin to ache, she forces Gyeon to switch his comfortable runners for her high heels. And as she is a budding screenwritter she demands that Gyeon reads her scripts or face a brutal ass kicking. Pussy-Whipped? Perhaps, but despite these crazy antics Gyeon finds himself hopelessly infactuated with his 'Sassy Girl'. Allthough the girl seems to take pleasure in the discomfort of Gyeon-Woo, it becomes clear that underneath the harsh exterior is a wounded heart that holds a geniuene affection for Gyeon-Woo.

Okay, So i know what your thinking? He Said its a love story Right? It's a chick flick!. No... far from it, okay granted, this film is guaranteed to get the girls eyes watering, but trust me... just once. I'm not a fan of typical love story films where i get sleepy, but I was geniuenly touched by this movie. The story seems simple and it is, but there a lot of things that you will probably miss the first time you watch it. While these details may put you off, after watching it a second time, it makes the movie even more pleasureable. Since it is a love story afterall there are bound to be melodramtic moments in the film, but these only come out towards the end, when you hold a geniuene affection for both characters and that's why the drama really works in this movie. Unlike your typical love story, where it starts of sad My Sassy Girl takes its time to let us, the audience appretiate the two characters and to wish them the best.

The film bears no detailed annaylsis. Truely memorable characters in a unique relationship - That is what this film is all about. When you watch it, everything just comes to you - exactly what makes the film what it is. Just sit back, enjoy the movie and let film entertain you along the way and finnaly leave you with lasting memories and feelings that will keep you reflecting on the film for a long time.

http://www.hellninjacommando.net/movie/pics/mysassygirl4.jpg

Shiri gives this 5/5 and is in the list of the top3 movies i've ever seen.

- You can buy this DVD on http://www.yesasia.com

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 02:48]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 words....

You Have Issues
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 13:33

3 words....

You Have Issues

Laughing ......

where can we get this movie if we wonted 2 wacth it ?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 13:33

3 words....

You Have Issues

even you would fall in love with this film steve

you can buy this movie on www.yesasia.com, it hasn't screened on world movies or SBS yet...
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh
this movie rocks

saw it almost 3 years ago

hahaha it made me cry Embarassed
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like bs, if it hasn't got drifting, v8's, motorbike stunts or weapons and fighting, e.g blade trinity, its boring imo
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, much as I hate to admit it...
It made me cry too.

Fuckin sad movies... I hate the lot of them Twisted Evil
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this tv was played on dvd while we were drinking a few nights ago. guys drinking, girls crying.

what a night
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds.... "Different" from the review

Shiri if you want different and a little strange have you seen the secretary with james spader? very strange...
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 17:37

sounds.... "Different" from the review

Shiri if you want different and a little strange have you seen the secretary with james spader? very strange...

I second that...my mate brought it over to watch one night...strange does not begin to describe it. All just say it gives you a fresh perspective on diction and puncuation Laughing
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep yep very good movie, i couldnt stop laughing the whole time. except end bit sad but at least its very different and movies unpredictable. and the character especially the girl, damn i reckon only an cute asian chick can pull this one off. someone told me hollywood might be remaking the film but i dont think a western chick would suit this character
actually im still using MSG windows wallpaper, the one where both of them in uniform holding out their ID cards in the pub.

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i died laughing in the train scene, where they have that slapping game, and the guy with the broken right foot comes in... Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Always meant to and wanted to buy this movie...
Her antics sound whacko Shiri...
Bloody high maintenance korean bitches! muhahha

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 11:52]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is this friend movie you speak of?
Lots of people have been saying watch my sassy girl but i really cbf.. is it worth it shiri?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 10:33

3 words....

You Have Issues

what he said, art house movies and sappy shit sucks camel balls!

"ill be back" gimmie an arnie flick anyday!
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh it's worth it, i think there's a part two too, not too sure on that one? Confused
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Mon, 14 February 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 02:02

What is this friend movie you speak of?
Lots of people have been saying watch my sassy girl but i really cbf.. is it worth it shiri?

it is defently worth watching my sassy girl...

friend is a story that follows 4 child hood friends and there progression into adult hood and how some become successes and others become gangsters

shiri

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 23:52]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Tue, 15 February 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Friend" is korean to huh?

The Secretary with James Spader? very strange...
Can someone explain.....
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Tue, 15 February 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

friend is a story that follows 4 child hood friends and there progression into adult hood and how some become successes and others become gangsters

so this must be a action movie?
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Tue, 15 February 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be the first to say this movie is far too sappy and irritating forr me to watch.

It does however have a good theme song; those who can play the guitar i'll put up my revised tabs if u wanna win girls Razz (hasn't helped me though haha)

Often the movies becomes too predictable and just down right corny in this time and age... but i guess i'm just a cxxt.

-Jay
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Tue, 15 February 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
friend is korean and i'd say its more of an drama than a action film. It's just a great tale of friendship and brotherhood more than an action film...

i disagree jay, i didn't find this movie predictable at all... it had me enthraled from the beginning and the end left me so satifised i shed a tear... it is indeed a perfect love story
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Tue, 15 February 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 14:44

sounds like bs, if it hasn't got drifting, v8's, motorbike stunts or weapons and fighting, e.g blade trinity, its boring imo

unforgiven, you ever watch that tv show called "The Blokes Show"
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Shiri's AMR #4: My Sassy Girl (KOR) Fri, 18 February 2005 23:11 Go to previous message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 01:19

unforgiven wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 14:44

unforgiven, you ever watch that tv show called "The Blokes Show"

Do you mean Bloke's World?
Used to be on SBS late night, now it's on channel 10 late night.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spongebong hemp pants
Next Topic:Spanglish
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 23:46:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058720111846924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.