Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » FOR SALE : parting out 1ggte, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

FOR SALE : parting out 1ggte, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics Fri, 18 February 2005 11:00 Go to next message
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of doing a 1jz into a gz20 soarer conversion. Soon (by end of next week should be out of the car) i'll be putting up for sale the previous parts. What it will be is
- A 1ggte motor, complete with all ancillaries (except brake booster) but with a blown head gasket; only just occured, know because the radiator water has exhaust fumes, no oil and water mixing, no power loss so it's not down any cylinders, and it's not being driven at all now so it's not getting any worse, but MINUS standard turbos; i have the manifold but not the turbos; but it does have GTR adjustable cam wheels installed, which are worth a bit (probably more than the motor with a BHG, so i might sell those seperately).
The ECU, loom, and motor crossmember.
Also 'ill be selling the standard auto trans, condition is excellent drives very smoothly.
The Auto tailshaft and trans crossmember.

Any other associated parts i wont need anymore that i've forgotten can come with it.
What do ppl think this is worth as a package, and is anyone interested? Can inspect it soon it'll be out of the car hopefully by wednesday, it's in a workshop at Coburg.

Thanks, Dan.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2005 08:51]

Send a private message to this user    
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Fri, 18 February 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also have a high flow dump pipe for the standard turbos (looks like 2.5 inch which becomes 3 inch down further). Can't think of anything else atm.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Fri, 18 February 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many K's on it??

what gen?? what colour injector plugs??

and what doesnt come with the motor??
-turbos
-cam wheels

brett
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Fri, 18 February 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
Kms about 150 i think, have to confirm
Colour injector plugs no idea sorry i'll ask the mechanic when it comes out of the car.
It's an 86 model if that helps to id the Gen
Cam wheels may come with package, I'd like to sell all together as one
Waht doesn't come with it - Brake booster, turbos
That's all i can think of, everything else should be there.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the cam gears?
any chance of a pic?
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll get a pic, i think around 300, i'd really rather sell complete though, at least the complete motor, and the trans/tailshaft seperate if need be. Anyone interested in that?

Seperately i think they're worth about 3-400 for the cam gears, but i havn't looked into waht they're worth yet.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the whole package.....estimate price

automatic + BHG 1ggte...... Rolling Eyes

what about the ecu??

brett
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 21:15

what about the ecu??

brett

silly me Embarassed
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really have no idea, it's not the usual package, that's why i'm asking. Offers as a whole? Or for motor and trans seperate?
Or cam gears seperate? I'm just trying to get an idea, if anyone is interested though then i'd advise having a look, either in the car or out, it's located in the workshop at Coburg, can easily arrange to go and have a look.
I'm guessing as a whole it's worth around 900? That's for everything. motor, all ancillaires minus turbos and brake booster, Ecu, loom, transmission, tailshaft, and xmembers, and all little associated bits and pieces.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not trying to be in any way rude man, but what your offering is worth 3- 500 dollars total, the major component of that being the cam gears. I can buy a complete gen 3 motor with a manual trans for 999 dollars from 3 different wreckers in sydney. your motor is a gen 1 which is less powerful and has some other disadvantages compared to the gen 3 and your gen 1 has a bhg autos in a 1G are a dime a dozen and not often needed. If someone takes the lot and offers a few hundred dollars take it.

ps dont seperate, or you might not sell the motor Very Happy
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sat, 19 February 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, so u think sell the cam gears for 3-500, which is wat they're worth, and the motor, trans and all ancillaries for free with it?

Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: what's this worth? 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft Sun, 20 February 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say the cam gears are worth 300, all the rest would then be 200? motor, all ancillaires, trans, tailshaft?
Btw ur not being rude, i posted to ask for ppls' opinion and ur giving ur opinion...all good.
Well, if anyone is interested, preferably in Victoria, please just pm me, like i said the package should all be ready, probably palleted too, by end of next week.

Dan.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 04:28]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Sun, 20 February 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u kno the generation yet for definate???

Quote:

Version 1: Yellow ECU plugs and Yellow injectors. 0.50bar / 7psi.
version 2: Yellow ECU plugs and pale Green injectors. 0.62bar / 9psi
Version 3: Grey ECU plugs and pale Green injectors. 0.75bar / 11psi

that is how to tell them apart (toymods tech docs)

JAZE said it is gen 1 ... Rolling Eyes but i wanna kno for sure

did it have a water to air intercooler???

thanx

brett
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Sun, 20 February 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't think it's water to air cooled no, air/air cooler. I havn't found the Gen yet, i'd trust JAZE, he's probably right, but i'll get the mech to check anyways and i'll let you know. If that fails ur welcome to go and have a look and see for urself? Any other easy ways to check which gen it is?
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Tue, 22 February 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll put pics up, and hopefully find out wat gen the motor is, on thursday.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Tue, 22 February 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say it's probably Gen2 being out of a GZ20 Soarer, but as JAZE said, unfortunately they aren't worth a huge deal, especially when there is something wrong with them. I would take his advice and not separate though, it'll be the easiest way to get rid of the lot.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Tue, 22 February 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm *thinking* , just wondering if u would be able to find the cost of frieght to townsville QLD, cheapest means.

okay

thanx

brett
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Tue, 22 February 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, maybe. Asking wreckers here, not sure about gen though, replacement block alone is worth 700-1000. PErhaps NSW wreckers are cheaper, to get a manual tranny with taht and complete motor for 999 is really cheap compared to prices here. I havn't asked bout trans yet.
Also the camgears aren't GTR camgears, i'm not sure what they're from, all it says on the receipt is adjustable cam gears, it has GTR adjustable cam gear BOLTS, so i guess i'll have to have a look at them and find out which brand, or which car they're from.

I should b posting pics on thursday, DAn.

In terms of postage, i'll ask my mechanic hopefully he'll know, and hopefully he'll drop the tranny and motor onto a pallette, will make postage easier.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Thu, 24 February 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the impression that GZ20's had the gen 3 motor.
Fuck it's a good thing i didn't end up buying the 1/2 cut.
I might be interested.
But i have Gen3 1g so if anybody could shed some light as to what gen it is and what parts of it are useful to me that would be sooper dooper aweseome
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Thu, 24 February 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was told that the GZ20's come with gen 2 and gen 3's

brett
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Thu, 24 February 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Well i couldn't go today, have strained my neck while sleeping somehow and am in fucking excrutiating pain, couldn't see gp, had to go emergeny and couldn't even get in there and missed my honours orientation day. really bad day, anyway i'm going to try and go take photos tomorrow if i can move by then, coz i wont get a chance until next week otherwise. I'll let u know whether it's gen 2 or 3 as soon as i find out.

Dan.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Thu, 24 February 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like i said the mechanics there are friendly and accomodating, if you'd like to have a look urself it's in coburg, otherwies i'll get pics and colour of injector plugs as soon as i can.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears Fri, 25 February 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok here's a pic of the injectors, looks like a mustard green colour to me, but u decide.

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/3820/dscf00118uy.jpg

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/7999/dscf00124bb.jpg

So what Gen do u think it is?

Dan.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Fri, 25 February 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a gen 1 to me
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Sat, 26 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's so hard to distinguish between green and yellow too, both me and the mech thought it looked more green than yellow, but it's hard to tell. looks mustard. I would say it fits the description of pale green. I havn't checked the ecu plugs yet. Brett wat do u think?

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 02:26]

Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Sat, 26 February 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just rang the mechanic, the ecu has yellow plugs, so it's either gen 1 or 2. has a 10, 18 and 24 pin plug, which apprently differs between gens he said.
I'm guessing gen 2 coz i think those injectors are pale green.

If ppl are interested as a package pm me, or i'm going to start splitting everything. I will sell the lot though a decent bit cheaper than what u would get it for from a wreckers, although i'll sell the motor as a running motor minus turbos. I'll be keeping some ancillaries on advice from the mechanic, in case i need them for the 1jz convo (such as alternator).

So the motor with everything u need to run it except turbo; trans and tailshaft, ecu and loom, the camgears and both xmembers i'll sell as a package, for about 700 ono plus postage. The camgears alone were purchased aobut a year ago for 400, plus another 100 dollars for adjustable GTR camgear bolts to fit (have the receipt for them and fitting from AVO). So that's the motor, both xmembers, the ecu, loom, and trans and tailshaft for bascially about 300 dollars. Which i think is damn cheap.

Dan.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Sat, 26 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused not to sure what gen it is

can we get a pic of the whole engine please

thanks

brett
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Mon, 28 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics of the motor.
http://img117.exs.cx/img117/3452/dscf00016um.th.jpg

http://img117.exs.cx/img117/5684/dscf00025sq.th.jpg

Like i said above i have the standard turbo manifold but not the turbos. I also have the other half of the intake piping too (that goes down to the cooler), even though it's not pictured here.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Tue, 01 March 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump, still for sale. Preferably buyers in Melb.
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Fri, 04 March 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should have a pm bout the cam gears if there still for sale
Dennis
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Fri, 04 March 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i still have them, replied to ur pm. They're still on the motor for now.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, + auto trans and tailshaft & Camgears (Pics) Wed, 09 March 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Sorry i havn't replied to my pms lately, i've been in hopsital for a bit. Anyway without getting into detail about that, the motor package is still for sale for those who asked, the cam gears aren't seperated yet, but probably will be soon if no one is interested in the package as a whole. So i'll drop the price to 500 now ONO, so that clears a few pms i havn't replied to, please just pm me again those who wanted to know a price if you're interested at around 500.
Just to re-iterate. That's the motor, cam gears, auto transmission, tailshaft, and xmembers, and most associated bits.

Thanks, Dan.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 01:43]

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics - $500 Thu, 10 March 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much just for the auto trans...i am in melb...also does anyone know if a gen1 auto trans will bolt onto a gen2...by the way its to be a gen 1 by the color of the injectors, but with toyota its anyones guess...
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics - $500 Fri, 11 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah right, yeh toyota managed to pick two barely distuinguishable colours to identify between generations, greeaat. Still better than some of the stuff on my rx7 was engineered.
100 bucks plus postage for the trans? 150 with tailshaft? that fair? The trans was perfect while i was driving it around, not even a bump shifting from drive to reverse and back at all, suprising to me i'm used to holden or ford autos. It's ready to go now, i'm heading to the mechanics today to pay off most of my conversion, and they don't want it sitting there on a pallete for ages, so i'll have some pics of motor out of the car by this arvo. Would still much rather sell as a package obviously, but oh well, beggars can't b choosers.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : 1ggte with BHG, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics - $500 Fri, 11 March 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i take it ur not interested in the trans at 100 dollars?

Anyway here is pics of the package, i have the standard turbo manifold and the piping that goes to the cooler, and the cooler, at home, as well as other littls bits and pieces.

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/7937/dscf00079ah.jpg

http://img149.exs.cx/img149/9996/dscf00093hy.th.jpg

http://img149.exs.cx/img149/1048/dscf00121oj.th.jpg

http://img167.exs.cx/img167/3083/dscf00130lu.jpg

Anyone interested? I gotta get it out of the mechanics ASAP, so if no one is interested i'm bringing the block to a metal recyclers, and just keeping what i can sell later.

Dan

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 13:37]

Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: FOR SALE : parting out incomplete 1g, auto trans, tailshaft & Custom Camgears, with Pics - $ Sat, 19 March 2005 07:48 Go to previous message
Ok i'll probably be parting out the 1g now, so cam gears, water pump, alternator, injectors, intercooler, sump assembly etc, anything i don't need and can carry easily in the car i'm taking, and the block prob going to a metal recyclyers.
Here's pics of the cam gears, they're 5 bolts, indexed and in excellent condition.

http://i136.exs.cx/img136/1744/dscf00037xn.jpg

http://i136.exs.cx/img136/6168/dscf00052nd.jpg

Dan.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7M-GTE turbo kit + head for sale
Next Topic:FS - BOV & S15 I/C (OEM)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 12:15:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012109994888306 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar