Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
agent_felix
Regular

October 2004
icon4.gif  Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sat, 19 February 2005 13:36 Go to next message
hey,
im thinkin about upgrading to an N/A 1994 supra...
can anyone tell me the power to weight ratio as im on my p's and victoria has the 125k/w per tonne rule... can ppl plz tell me so i can look into it more?
thanks
i know 1993 to 1999 i think are about the same... plz shoot me down if im wrong ... thanks.
brendan
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about transporting the 2jzgte into it? that will give you an easily achievable 350hp with a good cooler and some boost?
Then theres the possibility of putting a single turbo on the 2jzgte to get pretty well as much power as you want, pending how much money you spend and what turbo you get.
agent_felix
Regular

October 2004
Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sat, 19 February 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, i think i typed it wrong, the point of it was that i need it to be under the 125k/w per tonne rather than it go nuts... i cant do that till im more than 19... 21 i believe i can do that...

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 15:06]

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sat, 19 February 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I'm a victorian like yourself. And I was also responsible and put a 2TGEU in my car instead of a turbo 3TGTE coz of power/weight ratios.

My comment to you would be:

Its all fucking bullshit mate !

I've spent 2years watching as P plated WRXs/V8 commodores/rotaries get no penalties from police.
For some reason the cops do SFA. I had a friend with a VX SS ute (5.7lt, 225Kw) who got pulled over for a random breath test and they did nothing about a 19yo driving a high powered vehicle.
I think its disgusting, and its got nothing to do with me not opting for a hight powered engine. It just isn't safe for everyone else on the roads - why else would they have introduced the law?
agent_felix
Regular

October 2004
Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh,
kewl. but is a standard '94 non-turbo under the ratio because that will affect insurance...
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a n.a supra would be about 165kw tops and would weigh about 47.5 tonnes

nah just kidding, probably 1400 at least.

so for a 1400kg car (this may be an underestimate by the way ) you could have 175kw factory quoted power figure.

so you be fine.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Quickie Supra Power to weight ratio !!!! Mon, 21 February 2005 04:02 Go to previous message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 01:02

how about transporting the 2jzgte into it? that will give you an easily achievable 350hp with a good cooler and some boost?
Then theres the possibility of putting a single turbo on the 2jzgte to get pretty well as much power as you want, pending how much money you spend and what turbo you get.

did u actually read the question?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wikkidest tip! lol
Next Topic:roll centre adjusters, where can i get them?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 02:31:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051360130310059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.