Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_corolla
Regular

Banned User

November 2004
    none
icon4.gif  20v engineering Sun, 20 February 2005 08:03 Go to next message
hey guys just makeing sure to swap a 20v motor to ae82 do u need a engineering papers to rta and polution test and all that in NSW ???
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v engineering Sun, 20 February 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more than likley
otherwise it might just be a blue slip thats needed.

The best way is to call the rta technical information line they will tell you what needs to be done. Just tell them that you have swapped the motor and that it should come under a light vehicle modification.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v engineering Sun, 20 February 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thinks you can get away with a blue slip but at the end of the day an engineers certificate is allways better
mr_corolla
Regular

Banned User

November 2004
    none
Re: 20v engineering Sun, 20 February 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrumm thanks guys any one asl have any idea ??
Rowan
Regular

January 2003
Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had 2 of them and never got them engineered, just a blue slip. Haven't had any torubles yet (touch wood) but the "OFFICIAL" word is that you do require an engineers certificate because its more than a 20% power increase. Alot of them are getting around without being engineered...

hope that helps Cool
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is your friendly do a search response.

DO A SEARCH.

here are just a couple of the search findings which i have kindly dug up for you just in case the next thread from you was "did a search, do i need to engineer a 20V?"

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=204221&rid=883&S=25643b4dcd9dd1ea120fc 235b5c318e7

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=274115&rid=883&S=25643b4dcd9dd1ea120fc 235b5c318e7

The short answer is YES. Even in an AE92 you have to get engineer certification.

Reason:
# Car was never available with that engine from the manufacturer. Thus cannot be owner certified.
# Power increase greater than 20% (this is harder to qualify)
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basicly in NSW if its NOT the same model engine your putting in you need an engineers certificate.

If its a replacement i.e same model/power etc. then you only require a change of engine number.

100kw to 20v --> engineers
4afc to 4afc --> change of engine number no engineers required
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rules cahnge as of the 1st of June 2004, You now do need and engineering cert and an emissions test.. I got caught out be a few days. Basically they changed the wording from "an engine within 15%", to "an engine from an ADR certified vehicle, that is within 15%", 20V's were never out of an ADR certified car.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 14:54

The rules cahnge as of the 1st of June 2004, You now do need and engineering cert and an emissions test.. I got caught out be a few days. Basically they changed the wording from "an engine within 15%", to "an engine from an ADR certified vehicle, that is within 15%", 20V's were never out of an ADR certified car.

gaybo rta cant they just leave enthusiests alone. But this is true i spoke with the rta for my gze into aw11 conversion and even tho it comes under a light vehicle modification and there is another model/same chassis with that engine in it it must be certified by an engineer to say that it is a light vehicle modification.

I mean a gze into a n/a mr2 isnt exactly a 350 chev into a mini now is it.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 14:54

and they never send me these updates to the code of practice... fuckers.....
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v engineering Mon, 21 February 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and they never send me these updates to the code of practice... fuckers.....

same... Really pissed me off as I had finished the bastard after working on it on and off for 12 months... with the missus up me about it every moment (her car!!) and wanting a bloody auto too!! Only to find that crap out... And it didn't pass Noise first go!! At 4000 rpm it a noise started to vibrate in the exhaust, first I thought the cat... no... Muffler.. No... the Nice Stainless Extractors that came with the cut... Yes!! Add another muffler fixed that. The Old way, would've been straight through... this way cost me another $1500 on top of the dam project. The only thing that was free... The emission testing!!
mr_corolla
Regular

Banned User

November 2004
    none
Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys gess what i just got a blue slip haha
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope no-one takes a dislike to you and reports you to the RTA Wink heh heh
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_corolla wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 13:26

well guys gess what i just got a blue slip haha

well guess what? your car is illegally modified. Have an accident and see how far your insurance claim goes!! Get your car inspected for defects and see how far you get...
mr_corolla
Regular

Banned User

November 2004
    none
Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dw bro i m connect lol
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_corolla wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 21:16

dw bro i m connect lol

whoz going to buy your doggy car man..
mr_corolla
Regular

Banned User

November 2004
    none
Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u talking shit agen
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool... just make sure you don't get a cop that's in the know... which should be highly unlikely Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this seems unfair to people who had blue slips before the new rules were changed or does the new rule allow the earlier blue slips to pass
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v engineering Wed, 23 February 2005 12:45 Go to previous message
I think that's one for the courts to determine...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine shopping can someone plz help me?
Next Topic:mr2 4agze idle
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:56:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078670978546143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.