Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Fri, 07 January 2005 04:56 Go to next message
--- edited mon 17th jan, coz i forgot some stuff Razz ---

how much interest, and how much are people willing to pay for this car???
-85 model
-factory steel blue / grey colour
-blue interior
-5ME engine running very well ( as well as 5ME's ever do Razz )
-standard LSD
-around 250000 k's
-W58 5 speed box
-17 X 7" speedy hyperfang 2 mags
-new 215.45.17 sumitomo HTRZ 2 tyres all round
-new front brake rotors, tie rod ends, unis, tailshaft centre bearing, pinion seal
-just serviced
-almost new radiator, battery
-thermos ( not just screwed through the radiator fans )with auto thermo switch
-stock intake as well as pod and adapter plate for AFM
-2.5 inch exhaust from standard headers
-has single CD headunit ( JVC ), 4" poly speakers, 5 X 7 eclipse rears, all amp and stacker cabling
-remote central locking installed by previous owner

runs great and comes up beautifully for its age. interior condition is great except for 2 small cracks in dash between windscreen and vents ( cant go further ), and some vinyl cracking around the rear speaker area. paint is spotless except for a supermarket scratch on the rear left guard flare, and some peeling on rear bumper.
currently unregoed ( cancelled in oct ), but will be regoed and have a VIC RWC next week, so will be sold with 12 months rego.

what do people out there think its worth??
is there any interest for it??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8939

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8940

Attachment: Picture 008b.JPG
(Size: 61.70KB, Downloaded 574 time(s))
Attachment: Picture 020b.JPG
(Size: 82.64KB, Downloaded 574 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 10:48]

Send a private message to this user    
cilyka
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Fri, 07 January 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dno wat its worth but ill offer u $500 for it Rolling Eyes

only jokin Very Happy

gl with the sale

PS: still open for the offer tho Laughing
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Fri, 07 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, for 500 bucks, i dont think so. . . .
thanks for the offer all the same tho Rolling Eyes i shall take that into consideration Very Happy
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Sat, 08 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone out there??
cilyka
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Sat, 08 January 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im still here Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 08 January 2005 08:37]

granmra40
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like the style of these cars. Sorry I'm not in the market. Good luck with sale.

Quote:boxh34d

Your trying to raise interest and get the best price. I dont reckon it is the best idea to bag the motor. Your sowing a seed that their not a good motor. A 5ME might not have what you want in a motor.

Although the 5ME is not a motor that I've looked at for any application, I would expect it would be a strong motor and reliable, like most Toyota engines. I have an 18rc in a car 25+ years old. Definitely not a performance engine but I don't think I will ever break it. A '85 2.8L six cylinder with EFI would have a heap more grunt. For some perspective buyers it may be plenty of power or they might nor even care.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but you gota remember everyone here on toymods already knows what a peice of poo a 5m-e is anyway, so no harm done.
Personally i think that supra is hot as and wish you good luck on the sale, perfect engine swap candidate car
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate

sweet lookin ride

around how much you lookin for???

thanks
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ---EOI--- MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granmra40 wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 12:39

Quote:boxh34d

Your trying to raise interest and get the best price. I dont reckon it is the best idea to bag the motor. Your sowing a seed that their not a good motor. A 5ME might not have what you want in a motor.

Although the 5ME is not a motor that I've looked at for any application, I would expect it would be a strong motor and reliable, like most Toyota engines. I have an 18rc in a car 25+ years old. Definitely not a performance engine but I don't think I will ever break it. A '85 2.8L six cylinder with EFI would have a heap more grunt. For some perspective buyers it may be plenty of power or they might nor even care.

LOL! That seed was sown a looooong time ago. It's a full grown tree now. Practically old growth forest. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do these usually go for?
Very clean car! Well Done.
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the kind words people. i was a bit surprised how well it came up once i took the time to clean the brake dust off the wheels, and give it a really really really good wash. . . makes me a bit hesitant about selling the thing.

granmra40:
yeah, basically everyone out there on this forum knows that they are reliable, and tough, but aren't the most power productive engines around. .
thats what i was getting at.

big guy:
im not trying to get rid of the car as such. . . more, if someone wants to offer me a good enough price to take it off my hands, i could be persuaded Razz
feel free to offer away if your interested via pm, keeping in mind that there is a lot of replaced parts there, so i wont give the thing away for stuff all. . . .

Eight_Six:
i have seen them go for anything from $1000 to HUGE dollars depending on condition and engine / box combo's.
the idea was to see how much people 'in the know' would pay for my car, to give those interested some idea.
and yeah, if there isnt much interest for it, ill just keep it.

cheers everyone,
lee.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imho youd prolly get around $4500 for it
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 09 January 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM Sent.
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Wed, 12 January 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Fri, 14 January 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpety bumpety
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 16 January 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on, surely someone out there is even remotely interested??
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 16 January 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think that you should swap the ma61 for my 85 celica.

nice car
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Mon, 17 January 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice supra!!! U dont have to keep the 5m in it, this thing would be hot with a 1j in it

Free BUMP
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Mon, 17 January 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have another MA61 that will be the all out car when funds ( or lack there of ) aren't so prohibitive.
as far as conversions go, this would probably be a good one to start with, as i have not found any rust in it.
thanks for the praise.
TRU32U
Regular

June 2004

Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Tue, 18 January 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts u located?
interested
pm me on a price range cheerz
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Tue, 18 January 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for all those who dont know where wangaratta is, its in NE country victoria. on the hume fwy, about 35 mins south of the NSW border at albury, or 2.5 hours north east of melbourne.
cheers Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 10:30]

boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Thu, 20 January 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Jamois
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ---EOI--- clean MA61 supra. Sun, 20 February 2005 09:01 Go to previous message
Hey I've seen this car on carsales. For a decent MA61 they seem to go for $4-5k depending. There has been a few just recently with 7M swaps for around $5k which is pretty cheap. I should expect that $4500 is probably quite close.

Edit: As for the amount of interest in the car, I'd buy it in a snap if I were anywhere near you.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 09:08]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1987 ST165 - GT4 For Sale
Next Topic:wanted ke10-20-25 for Resteration, in brisbane area
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 05:11:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077321529388428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.