Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » GTR turbo T28 (SOLD)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
GTR turbo T28 (SOLD) Sun, 20 February 2005 12:03 Go to next message
As the title says its a T28 turbo of a R32 GTR it is in very good condition and was working fine on my mates skyline. I should have some pictures up by the end of the week. This would suit a 4AG turbo conversion or simiular. I live in Canberra and I am after $350 for this turbo.

Garreth 041 265 8613

gazza_dp@yahoo.com.au

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 11:37]

Send a private message to this user    
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Sun, 20 February 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTR skylines have 2 turbos
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Mon, 21 February 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes GTR's have two turbos. I have one for sale. What is your point, are you after two or do you think I have no idea what I am selling.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Mon, 21 February 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhhhhh i c now, i thought you may have mistyped the advertisment and you might have been selling a turbo for a GTS and accidently typed GTR. My point is just trying to get some clarification on the product for sale.
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he has a turbo, i.e one of the two from a GTR for sale Rolling Eyes
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these are small
good for about 150rwhp
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had one on a 4AGZE with factory computer running 14 PSI and it put out 145kw @ the wheels. It comes on boost really well with this turbo.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are a good turbo and are worth a decent chunk of money aswell your price is cheap

Good luck with the sale
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
using a gtr turbo singularly is a bad idea
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 02:58

And this is based on what?

One of the guys from Canberra has a GTR T28 on his 4AGZE that is making over 170KW at the wheels. If this is too small and not a good idea then I don't know what is a good idea.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP

Quote:

Why? Will it get lonely? Rolling Eyes

What a f$%ken stupid thing to say (and completely untrue), my lonely GTR T28 has been doing damn fine for a number of years and makes 170rwkw or more and is good enough to help feed my engine boost for 12 second passes at the strip. Not to shabby for a bad idea, goes better than some good ideas that are getting around Laughing

I love the useful info some people feel they have to provide on forums. Keep your useless 7th hand rumours to yourself and let this 4 sale thread go on its merry way.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aslong as the GTR does not run a sequential turbo setup like the 2jzgte supra (i.e turbos make different boost at different engine rpm relative to each other) then you should have no dramas.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 22 February 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Aslong as the GTR does not run a sequential turbo setup like the 2jzgte supra (i.e turbos make different boost at different engine rpm relative to each other) then you should have no dramas.

The GTR runs them simultaneously so they both do they same job/workload. So it's all good.
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 23 February 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Their sure are some people out there with no idea that are more than willing to share their wisdom. The turbo is still for sale, alot of people sell these turbo's for around $450 to $550.
Thanks for the positive comments from the people with a clue.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 23 February 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have incredibly small rears
they are fed from 1.3L

good for a 1l engine

in tandem they can do 350, but singularly they can do fuckall

better turbos to start off with:
t25 from ca18det
t25g from sr
t28 from sr s14/15

rb20 turbo
rb25 turbo
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 23 February 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 05:08

ae95 wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 02:58

And this is based on what?

One of the guys from Canberra has a GTR T28 on his 4AGZE that is making over 170KW at the wheels. If this is too small and not a good idea then I don't know what is a good idea.

are you sure thats a gtr turbo, not a gtir t28?
im highly sceptical that a gtr turbo can put out that much
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 23 February 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

are you sure thats a gtr turbo, not a gtir t28?
im highly sceptical that a gtr turbo can put out that much

I can find a pic of the tiny exhaust housing with the 0.48 A/R cast marking if you like and post it with a WSID timeslip and any number of dyno runs (even the all-accurate toymods dyno day runs) Twisted Evil

Yes it's a small turbo, no one is debating that, but if you want good response and reasonable power (excellent for the street) then they are a good little turbo on the 1.6L. If you want more top end at the expense of lag then go for something else.

AE95 are you trying to prove something? You are using ill-informed rumour and a lack of knowledge against people who have done the work, made the power and run the times.

Quote:

they have incredibly small rears

No shit, and you will be hard pressed to find a turbo that will respond as quickly as one of these in standard form and make around 145 - 150 rwkw on 14psi on a 4AGTE.

My car makes as much or more power than a lot of guys with 4AGTE's with apparently better turbos and mine does it on less boost or the same boost in most cases.

Of your list of "better" turbos I would only use one of them on the 4AGTE, other than that I would be looking to a new unit for a couple of grand.

Take it easy, and just let the for sale thread do it's thing. This is not the tech area Very Happy
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Thu, 24 February 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is funny, We have dyno graphs time slips from the drags but captain knowledge (ae95) still knows more.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTR turbo T28 Thu, 24 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd almost buy the turbo just to hear the dribble stop from ae95 Razz

No one is disputing the fact that this turbo won't make a hektic dyno mule with huge peak power, but it WILL give you very nice response on the street, and the track, whilst still making plenty of top end neddies for a light chassis Smile

I'm also most surprised at the 170kw that a turbo with a .48 exhaust A/R can provide, matter of fact it almost pisses me off, since I have an S14 T28 with hardly any more power Mad , but i've witnessed it with my own eyes on a few dynos, and have driven the car in question, and am most impressed! Very Happy
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Fri, 25 February 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will this be a better turbo to put on my sr20 with only a t25 and will it bolt straight on like an ordinary t28 from s14's cheers
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Fri, 25 February 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR_KE30 It is a more efficient turbo for the size but it would suit something smaller than a SR. The dump pipe flange is also a different style so it would be a hassle for you as it will not bolt straight on.

Good luck mate
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: GTR turbo T28 Sun, 27 February 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 21:58

I'm also most surprised at the 170kw that a turbo with a .48 exhaust A/R can provide, matter of fact it almost pisses me off, since I have an S14 T28 with hardly any more power Mad , but i've witnessed it with my own eyes on a few dynos, and have driven the car in question, and am most impressed! Very Happy

you think your pissed off??!!!

i got the same turbo as you and im only making 145kw atw on 15psi.

im cut! Razz
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTR turbo T28 Sun, 27 February 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you think your pissed off??!!!

i got the same turbo as you and im only making 145kw atw on 15psi.

im cut!

Just run another 5psi boost Very Happy
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Mon, 28 February 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright lets let this one get back to selling the turbo.

Those that have actually seen these turbo's be used singularly in the real world know they can make some good power. If you don't believe it then either don't buy it or prove it.
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Mon, 28 February 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a garret turbo with low ar thus suited to 1.3l to 1.8l engines it doesnt have a 360deg thrust bearing so it wouldnt last long at above 14psi. they are rated at about 220hp each so about 150 rwkw with a manual. if this guys getting 170rwkw with it it wont last long. running any turbo without a 360deg thrust bearing will cause it to prematurly fail
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 02 March 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP

Quote:

this guys getting 170rwkw with it it wont last long.

Coming up to 4 years Smile
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 02 March 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a factory standard turbo or a n1 type or recoed with new thrust bearing. im saying they will give that sort of power reliably but only if they are modified to suit. i got 320rwkw on my torana running twin standard turbos at 14psi (rb30dett) but it has bigger cams, high comp ect.. im now getting 381rwkw with gt28rs turbos running 11psi
defekt_s13
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: GTR turbo T28 Wed, 02 March 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey interested in turbo.
i got a garrett t28 from a s14, jus wonderin if this t28 will fit straight on o will i have to mod some stuff.
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Sun, 06 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Na mate the dump pipe flange is a bit different and I think it has a smaller exhaust exhaust housing. You should upgrade to an S15 roller bearing turbo if you can find one, it will bolt straight up and spool up a little bit earlier.
Good luck mate.
pjRacing
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 08 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the gtr t28 a ball bearing type turbo, i know the ball bearing type turbo's are a wickid upgrade for the N12 exa with a intercooler and minor mods will rocket u over the quarer in 12 secs or so. So you people above who think running it single is a bad idea are wrong.
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTR turbo T28 Mon, 14 March 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate, This is a plain bearing turbo. I am pretty sure the S15 turbos are the only nissan T28 with roller bearing,
This would suit your size engine.

Good luck

From Garreth
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: GTR turbo T28 Tue, 15 March 2005 05:06 Go to previous message
Man some peoples knowledge is funny. Firstly ae95, good for about 150rwhp?? From where did you experience such a figure?? Seing as how a stock GTR with 12psi will make 270-300rwhp, this alone would equate to 180rwhp in a single turbo application that isn't driving a 4wd drivetrain, then there is better dump pipe, better tune, the list is endless. These turbo's are actually good fro about 275hp a tthe flwheel when pushed to the limit.

And rb20det, "running any turbo without a 360deg thrust bearing will cause it to prematurly fail," & "360deg thrust bearing so it wouldnt last long at above 14psi". Where do people come up with this?? I should probably go into hiding seeing as how the last 70-100 turbo's I've built for people over the last 5 years are all going to come after me cause the don't have 360 degree thrust bearing!! What a load of shit!!! I had a T66(IE as much shaft and bearing stress as about 10 gtr turbo's) on my falcon with 22psi and 480rwhp, no blow off valve and I never experienced a problem, or then there was the 60-1 on a cortina making 400rwhp on 18psi for about 2 years that didn't have a problem, The amount of boost you would need to run to destroy these things without a 360 degree thrust is mid 20's at least.

People, don't post shit you know nothing about, if you haven't done it first hand, or can't at least give an educated answer, then don't pass on previous bad advise.

6BOOST

PS, all the nissan turbo's are in fact rated at higher power than the GTR turbo, including the shitty CA18 one, (although by much), especially anything off a SR20, so anyone with one, you are down grading if going to GTR. Aside from that, I'm talking of power, and on 2 litre type engines, I agree fully with GTR ones being responsive and well suited to small 4's at the power levels stated.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brand New Levin DEcal
Next Topic:updated:FOR SALE SUPERCHARGER OFF 1GG *pic added*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:03:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081908702850342 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.