Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 03:18 Go to next message
This is a bit of a strange leak.

I have just managed to start 4agte which has t3. When the engine was idling oil was bubbling up between exhaust mainfold and head (no it wasnt dripping from rocker cover gasket).

The turbo has a 1.5mm orifice plate to restrict oil so I dont believe that oil is back feeding to there (weird if it was able to). Checked the intercooler piping and not a touch of oil is seen. The engine was blowing large amount of black (i repeat black smoke) which is just the mixture. I checked the sparkies to see whether there was oil but nothing.

All I can think of is that the head gasket has blown and oil is escaping in exhaust.

Any ideas , thoughts, or ideologys?? Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you 100% sure its not the rocker cover? i mean if its nice clean oil you may not even be able to see it, cause thats the first place i would suspect but if your sure its not then i dont know sorry Confused
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty sure that no oil was leak from above.

Also I forgot to mention that the cam cover has a breather which eliminates pressurise crank case.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how old is the turbo? if you want to know if the turbo is draining, then unhook the oil return pipe and let it drain into a container, easy.
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even if the turbo was stuffed and not draining wouldnt it burn out of the exhaust and not work its way back up the exhaust?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Mon, 21 February 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wihtout seeing it and fully know what your on about, i think its leaking externally somehow. possibly a crack in the head and its leaking out? ive never seen that before personally but ive seen it from other places ie gearbox.
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Tue, 22 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump.... help
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Tue, 22 February 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your compression, it could be bubbleing because you have blown out a little bridge in the head gasket.
but you would probably notice a drop in performance if this had happened
sebta22
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Tue, 22 February 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happened shortly after firing up engine for first time Sad
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agte exhaust oil leak Tue, 22 February 2005 15:29 Go to previous message
impossible!!!! Rolling Eyes

sure, there might be some heads that don't have blind holes for the manifold bolts, and some that might crack into an oil gallery if a stud is bottomed out. this ain't one of those.
it is impossible for any oil to escape there AND TO NOT ALSO have a very large quantity in the exhaust system that would smoke up the entire block.

look at it again, real hard.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Ride height
Next Topic:AE86 Clutch slave cylinder leak - what are the signs?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 16:03:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11851787567139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.