Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Sun, 20 February 2005 20:52 Go to next message
Castle hill got hit pretty bad. Hailstones as big, some bigger than golf balls. Hardcore wind and lots of lightning.

Just about any car that was outside got hail damaged.

These pics are just a few we took during and after the brunt of the storm. Should also know that the garage doors are under an orning that goes out about 1.5-2.0m... so that hail blew in there!!

http://www.witzl.com/hail 1.jpg

http://www.witzl.com/hail 2.jpg

http://www.witzl.com/hail 3.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 23:15]

Send a private message to this user    
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gosh, did your car cop it? man whats with the weather now-a-days??? I'm thinking just that this summer alone, we've had more reports of hailstorm than 2000+2001+2002+2003+2004 put together Confused
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got hail. Sad Sad Sad .3 cars marked..the Subaru Impreza I was going to keep forever..My MX32 and my Daughters RA40 Coupe..Worst in my 20 years in the hills..mixed sizes..seed size to ping pong ball..and it lasted about 20 mins...I am going to get the Subaru fixed then trade it later in the year..the MX 32 ..Well I am putting off doing a fine inspection..bonnet for sure(which was repainted less than 18mths ago.Bugger .the RA 40...Well the bonnets rooted but its her daily tractor until her Grandmas mint '92 Corolla gets passed down..so it will be just ugly for a while yet.. Sad Sad Sad
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I chucked a blanket on mine, looks to be okay except for a small dint in the roof. Mother Fucker.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We got caught in that storm on the way to Lithgow (from Canberra via Katoomba).

We had to pull over and some of the hailstones were larger than golf balls (most were smaller though), I thought the windscreen was going to be smashed it was that hard. Luckily though the car seems to have escaped without a single dent, quite amazing really. The car in question was my GF's AE82, tough as nails Laughing

Best hail storm I have ever seen Very Happy
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we went to Good Vibrations dance festival at centenial park and I have never been rained on soo hard...the storm was torrential! 30 000 people trying to find any cover possible many taking shelter under trees Rolling Eyes i saw a lightning strikes all around us Shocked It was chaotic i havent watched the news but someone must have been struck!
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: MORE Sydney Storms, pics from saturday 19th feb hail storm Mon, 21 February 2005 06:44 Go to previous message
i was going up windsor road at the time, when the hail hit every single car went for cover, was quite crazy. My car didnt get one dent during the hail untill a branch fell on its bonnet Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:funny signs-problem fixed
Next Topic:Speaking your language...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 13:01:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098159313201904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.