Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 06 January 2005 08:48 Go to next message
the next wednesday night 4, 6 and rotary drags are on the 19th of january, gates open at 5pm, racing starts at 6 pm, but I'm not expecting that !
I think there was talk in the last "drag thread" about going out in anuary, so who's planning on going to watch, and who's planning on going to race ?!
$17 to watch
$35 to race

who's in?
  Send a private message to this user    
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 06 January 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check toyotacarclub.net
i think bigjon n mr1ggte were organising something
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sat, 08 January 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey brendan i got a letter from AIR the other day about entering the 4,6 and rotary national's again this year, are you thinking of going again?

Drew.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sat, 08 January 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was organising something but now im not going becuase my car wont be ready and i need to save whats left of my engine for drift nationals Smile
1JZ-GZ20DRIFTER
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 10 January 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all, mr 1ggte can ride with me if u want?
p.s. u can have my front bar soon! Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 10 January 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sick, is the doluckie coming?

oi when do you want to buy my turbo setup becuase start of feb it all comes off ready for a donor 1GGE Wink
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Tue, 11 January 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drew - yeah but I think 95 to race is a bit of a joke, especially when you'll get about 7/8 runs or whatever
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe i should go...give it a try
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:08

maybe i should go...give it a try

how much power are you making with the blown 18r?
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon Sean, come out and have so0me fun, legally, be interesting to see what it does,

it's all tuned properly now ?
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So far it has 125kw at the rear wheels..
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 18:10

Quote:

So far it has 125kw at the rear wheels..

so its no slug Very Happy

you should go out on wednesday for a shot, see what ittl run Wink
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

so its no slug

Oh yes it is...there is to much audio in the back..too heavy to drag race... Crying or Very Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 13 January 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 18:31

Quote:

so its no slug

Oh yes it is...there is to much audio in the back..too heavy to drag race... Crying or Very Sad

you should still have a go, the crowd dont really care if you arent fast, as long as you rip a mega burnout before your run, they are predominantly bogans remeber Laughing
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Fri, 14 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, take it for a run or two Sean.
Ill turn up to spectate to see how the 18R-GZE goes.
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 17 January 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've decided i'll take the good ol' celica for a drag to see what she'll do for a laugh. Who else is actually going?
How strict are they on oil leaks? I mean, does it have to be gushing, or does any suspecting sign of leaking warrant missing out in the action?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Tue, 18 January 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a rag and wipe it down before you take it thru the scruits you'll be fine, they're pretty chilled
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Tue, 18 January 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 12:54

Yeh, take it for a run or two Sean.
Ill turn up to spectate to see how the 18R-GZE goes.

nah just do what i did and told them you fixed the leak during the day Rolling Eyes and didnt clean it up, then you wipe it with a rag back at your spot on the grass Laughing
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Wed, 19 January 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there but oly to watch.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 20 January 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did anyone go ?!
work was late for me and the weather didn't look promising, I didn't have a pc to keep in touch with the thread either, only got it back today.
and also found out they're no longer doing 4 6 and rota wednesday nights, it's open to ALL street cars apparently and it's now $50 to race
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 20 January 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last i heard they called it off beacuse of the weather
JZA80Supra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 20 January 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me, Big Jon, Brian and HKS7MGT went out....

It was rained out so me and Big Jon only got one run in....

I ran a 16.5 Shocked Shocked
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sun, 23 January 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I was organising going out...but i dont check here very often...mainly on tcc.net

Anyways, i ran a 15.45 @ 89.3mph...pretty happy although the Supra was stripped back to baremetal shell on the inside Laughing

It got rained out, so those who went out now have free pass into February Meet, with which im going to run with my full boot install just for a laugh Laughing

Jon
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 24 January 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And a bleed valve set to 12psi:-)
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Wed, 26 January 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, yes indeed. I have some work to do tomorrow and then im going out to FNM and ill see what they suggest i do...if i have to pay for it tho...hahahahahaha. It'll be on there.

Jon
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 27 January 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pity the event washed out. Next time I'm bringing the Supra. Poor celica has weakened the left rear bearing and the clutch is suspecting low on meat, so instead the supra is coming out, nothing too exciting but it'll be a first for the supra and i wont get those weird looks like the celica attracted (not that i care).

See you guys out there!
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Thu, 27 January 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what is the date of the next wednesday night meet ?!
have to see if the car still has rego and if so I'll hopefully come out and be aiming for the 13's

Brendon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Fri, 28 January 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
February 16th, the following wednesday from Mallala Twillight Drift Prac.

Jon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Tue, 01 February 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a letter from air last week, the dates have now changed. Theyre not doing wednesday night drags anymore, theyre all going to be saturday night.

The next one, that those from January get free entry, is on Saturday the 19th February, scrutineering at 5pm, racing from 6pm.

Cost from now on is $50 which sucks the big one, but what can ya do...:S

Jon
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Tue, 01 February 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have to enter before the actual night? or do you just rock up?
are there any requirements?
It's about time I took the Supra down the strip
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Wed, 02 February 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just rock up @5pm

pay yur money to compete

go to scruitineering then start racing @6

easy Smile

edit $50 bucks is too much IMO

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 02:22]

7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Wed, 02 February 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you need to pass scruitineering?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Wed, 02 February 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing lose inside the cabin or in the engine bay
block up the radiator over flow bottle overfill line.
no visible oil leaks
pretty much just common sense really, make sure seat belt works, driver seat is secure, tyres have reasonable tred, all wheels have lug nuts. battery is secure

that should get u thru
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sat, 19 February 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a good night at the drags last night. did anyone else end up going, driving or spectating?

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sun, 20 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i never went out...town called Very Happy

Hope it was an awesome night, what times were people running?

Jon
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Sun, 20 February 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My uncle ran a 11.7 in his little green machine!

Michael
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 21 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it was a pretty good night, plenty of really quick cars making me feel nice slow.
the V8 boys love taking off their exhausts. there was an SS chevvy commodore that was just about making everyones ears bleed.

I lined up against a Torry and a skyline who both posted low 12s.

I managed to make a nice shiny honda S2000 look pretty stupid and I beat a new turbo XR6 aswell. I was having some problems with traction so my best time was only 13.6 but with some better rubber and a bit more practice I think I can crack the 12s

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 06:59]

mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: Drags Wednesday 19th, who's going ?! Mon, 21 February 2005 07:35 Go to previous message
No his was that little daihastu truck with the big front mount intercooler...

It's such a funny little thing. About to go changed the diff over now. going to try running 4.3:1 this week instead of the 4.8:1 as it was running out at the top end of the track.

Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Simon-AE86's 24th Birthday/CLG is in town
Next Topic:Cruise #2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:04:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068957805633545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.