Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Just got an 86, need some help.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sycon
Newcomer

February 2005
icon5.gif  Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 08:05 Go to next message
Hey everyone,
Just recenlty purchased a 1983 toyota levin (aus spec). I dont know alot about the mechanical side of cars and was wondering if someone was able to help me with deciding on where to go with the car, also would be good if someone can teach me alittle. I'm leaning towards more of a drifting car so front grip and rear power i suppose??

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 08:07]

Send a private message to this user    
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has it still got the standard 4AC Engine in it?

Cheers
Sycon
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, still has the standard 4AC engine in it.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would suggest to start by getting familair with the car in it's current state. buy/get manuals for it, fix things ont eh 4AC, maybe even pull it apart a few times... and get used to the niormal service things...

then start with suspension, then do a 4AG conversion.

there is nothing on a car that is difficult to do, it's just a matter of knowledge and experience...

i would also suggest learning to drive the car properly (ie track days etc) before you start drifting.. you will get mroe out of it, and then when you go to drift, you will have better skills...

anyhoo..
Cya, Stewart
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

There are lots of ae86 owners in Adelaide who are always keen to help eachother out...like myself Smile

Where abouts you from? Shoot me PM or add me to your MSN jafs_one@hotmail.com

But yeh, as oldcorollas wisely suggested get to know your car slowly especially if you have aspirations to slide. Dirt roads + 4AC AE86 are your best friend Wink No shit AE86s rock on the dirt. This is where my love for drift began.

Cya,

Joel
Sycon
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice. I understand where you are coming from.

I have taken apart one engine at a mechanics course. But I am afriad to take an engine apart on my own car Razz . But i do have a manual for it, so i will give it a look over in the morning.

Thanks guys.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Mon, 21 February 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could allways get a second 4a-c from a wreckers / someone who's done a 4a-ge conversion for twopence ha'penny and pull it appart / put it back togeather. Or, if you've got a hoist, pull it appart, clean it up, put it togeather, and put it in the Levin. If you fuck up you'll still have your original 4a-c there as a back up.
Sycon
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Tue, 22 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, that sounds like a good idea Razz
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Tue, 22 February 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sycon wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 14:03

Thanks man, that sounds like a good idea Razz

But don't get tricked into paying to much for the wrecked 4AC, they shouldn't go for much.

Cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 08:54]

Sycon
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Tue, 22 February 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, will keep that in mind.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Just got an 86, need some help. Tue, 22 February 2005 14:55 Go to previous message
Yeah definatly, someone on Toymods in your area may even give you one, I mean they're not exactly desired. Even a dicked one could teach you a bit if you pulled it appart.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Clutch slave cylinder leak - what are the signs?
Next Topic:*****TRX RIMS*****
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:25:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063669681549072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.