Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
icon5.gif  1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 09:34 Go to next message
Does anyone know where you can get aftermarket parts for a 1G-GTE?

like cam shafts, adjustable cam gears etc?

I have looked everywhere on the net and a few places around brisbane and can't find a thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too would like to know this Smile

I haven't seen much (if any) performance / go fast bits...for 1ggte...
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe it's cos they already go fast enough Evil or Very Mad

are we just reduced to upping the boost?
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd been keen as mustard to find some aftermarket gear for 1g's as well.
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gtp.com.au/aussiefoods/mediumimages/KEEN.jpg
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE KE70 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 22:17

http://www.gtp.com.au/aussiefoods/mediumimages/KEEN.jpg

Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink read signiature Wink

doooo eeeet naaawwwwwww! Laughing
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Japananeese yahoo auctions actually have parts on the, if your able to navigate your way around it.

Cheers Adam
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Mon, 21 February 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS used to do these parts but I don't know if they are still available new. Try some of the second hand importers, they would be able to help you with new and old stock of these parts.

Remember that the 1G is a 20 year old engine which is pretty much ancient technology in Japan. Added to this is the fact that it was only ever sold as the economy compromise for a 7M. So don't go expecting a huge range of parts.
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Tue, 22 February 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you want to buy?? Forged pistons are available off the shelf from Serco in brissy, bearings are best to use genuine toyota, injectors you can use 13B injectors, they are a straight fit, including the plug. Aftermarket managment is the same as any engine, and as is turbo and wastegate, cooler is whatever will fit the car. The only things I can think of is gaskets and cams/springs.

Ivan tighe and most other mobs will do custom cams like I have, you give them your cams and they will build up the lobes and grind them down to any profile you desire. Aftermarket springs are available for $400 from a company in Brissy also, called Performance Springs.

I will put together a group buy list for 1G stuff in another thread and see what you guys want.

Cheers.................6BOOST Smile
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Tue, 22 February 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i read the other thread. great idea!

I was after some cams and adjustable cam gears, springs etc.

Its on LPG so it doesn't have injectors or computer so i can't exactly upgrade nothing haha.

theres a place in Brissie called SureCam that reground my brother, his girlfriend and his mates cams for cheaper than what you stated in the other thread. I know they only have 1 cam per engine but even if you did 2 it's still cheaper But i dunno man.

I'm very interested in that group buy but.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Aftermarket Parts??!?!?!?!?! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous message
680OST wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 11:05

Aftermarket springs are available for $400 from a company in Brissy also, called Performance Springs.

Performance Springs are a Toymods Sponsor and all Toymods Car Club members get trade prices on springs from them.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZE Turbo
Next Topic:1G-GTE or 1G-GZE into RA60?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:40:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084769725799561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.