Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » ** Price Drop ** For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
icon2.gif  ** Price Drop ** For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 20 February 2005 04:31 Go to next message
Hey Guys,
I think it may be time to get into a R32 GTR so the MR2 has to go. (Edit) Scratch That - Time to buy a house...

1988 Toyota MR2 (AW11) Supercharged
Targa Top, Factory 4A-GZE
137000Km's
16" Alloys, Fully Adjustable Cusco Coilovers
K&N Pod, Extractors, High Flow Cat, Stainless Muffler

Got heaps of info and pics at this URL:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/coolaroo/mr2/

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2005 08:26]

Send a private message to this user    
DTrain
Regular

September 2003
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 20 February 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks mint, so jealous Crying or Very Sad
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 20 February 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car man, gl wif the sale
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 20 February 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

that looks mint

Thanks Mate, she's in near perfect condition. If I had the cash I would put a car cover on her and hold on to it, but sadly my finances won't agree.
Patticus
Regular

September 2003

Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 21 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price range? Razz
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 21 February 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

price range?

Shes up for $11500 Neg...

Check the URL in the original post Smile
vex_aw11
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Tue, 22 February 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey am just a newbie to the site, been looking for a while for AW11 SC havn't been able to find one in AUS untill now. is the car still for sale or have i mised out? otherwise do you know anyone else selling one?
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Tue, 22 February 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Vex_AW11,

Yeah she's still for sale!

I'm on the Gold Coast, do you know anyone down here that can have a look at it for you?

Check your E-Mail...
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Thu, 24 February 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump....
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 27 February 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mat,
I have sent an e-mail to your personal address....

Thanks,
Matt.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice,

Pity you were not selling 6 months ago.

How do you find the cusco coil overs, did you buy it with them ?? ?

Have you played around with the height and damping.

I am considering coil overs for mine.

Good luck with the sale.

Scott Dood
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Scott,
I managed to find the coilovers in an SC import that had the side written off. I promptly had them removed and checked by TSR in Springwood QLD. I did not know what brand they were but TSR IDed them as Cuscos (there are no external markings). The coilovers tested fine but TSR found a small hydraulic leak in the rear right, so I had them re-valve and rebuild the rear pair. All 4 were tested and found to be in great condition so I got a hold of EVERY urethane bush I could find for the AW11 at the time, then I had Mermaid Suspension install the coils and bushes.

WOW! What a difference! The car felt much faster as the suspension wasnt squatting under power, she remains totally flat under acceleration, but fast was not the biggest advantage! Cornering is UNBELIEVABLE, never have I been in a car like it, yes it requires skill but if you get it right the corner speed you can carry is unbelievable!

Quote:

Have you played around with the height and damping.

Damper: Since I had them installed I have left the damper setting on the softest (1/4). I have to admit that they are quite hard! On the street you would not want to go harder, if youre committed to a corner and you hit a large bump on the hard setting it would bounce you straight off the road into a tree. They would be absolutely fantastic on the track but I cant say I have taken her there.

Camber: As for Camber, no playing there either. I had Mermaid Suspension set the camber and I left it because of rubber costs. I use 225/40/ZR16 Yokohama A539s, as you would know these arent cheap so I dont really play with the camber for fear of destroying my expensive rubber.

Height: I have played around with height, mainly to see what she looked like dumped on her ass and I gotta say it looked good but she rubbed on the guards if I hit a large bump, so she was quickly brought up an inch. The height is set perfectly now, low enough to look sick and high enough so that she doesnt rub.

If I ever took it to the track, I would be getting straight into these settings but I have only used it as a street weapon. I would like to have fitted Falken Azenas to the original rims then taken it to the track, that would have been PHAT.

That reminds me she comes with her original 14inch alloy rims! Plus original shocks and springs, if you wanna do exactly what I just mentioned.

Scott, there is no consideration, if you can find a set for a reasonable price you HAVE TO buy them. They were the best thing that happened to the MR2. When I get the GTR the mod list will be filters, exhaust, coilovers. Then turbos, ECU, injectors so on. Point is coilovers will be the first major $ item on the list!

TSR URL: http://www.shockreco.com.au/

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 05:25]

88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgot to tell you guys:

Comes with original 14inch alloy rims shocks and springs...
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott,
Just read your profile! 94 GZE @ 13 psi! MATE that would go hard! With the extra compression, no AFM (should be MAP?) and boost she must be making near 140kw+ at the fly?

What diameter pulley did you use cause I have heard that later model GZE's have a larger diameter SC pulley. If this is the case a 165mm crank pulley would make around 13psi?

Did you do the conversion your self?

Its an idea I have thought about many many times, get a late model GZ with more compression, MAP sensor, coilpack ignition, GT25, water-to-air cooler and some sort of ECU. This gear would turn any AW11 into an absolute WEAPON with 150rwKW+ (just depends on how much boost you wanna run).

If I don't end up selling, thats what I'll be doing....

Wish you were on the Gold Coast, love to go for a cruise!
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dood,

Appreciate the comments, would love to take it for a spin, dont suppose you fancy a drive to Sydney !!??

Did have an opportunity to get one but unfortunately the owner lost it and drove up a gutter and wrote off all the suspension, of course i was not that interested in purchasing 4 bent and stuffed coil overs !!

Do you have any idea where i could pick up some from ??

Good luck with the GTR, very nice car, definitely quicker, but will it be as much fun as the MR ??

Regards,

Scott

PS i reckon its too cheap, dont except anything less than 12k if its in immaculate condition (i own two so its in my interest !!)
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,

Its a beast and i love it !!

Its a 175 Nevo pulley its a work of art !!

Yep heaps of boost, it also runs the smallest SC pulley Motec M4 with data logging etc, HKS cams and extractors mandrell 2 1/2 exh and high flow cat, bigger intercooler etc

Its been on the dyno a couple of times last was 120 kw at the wheels, whick was double my Naturally aspirated one at 60 kw at the wheels so i reckon thats good for about 180 at the fly wheel.

But the the power bug has bitten i dont know if i want to go turbo or a bigger aftermarket supercharger (one that runs constantly and good for about 20 PSI

what do you reckon ??

Scott Dood
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta love the NEVO pulleys. 7075-T6 lightweight alloy, hard anodising @ 40 micron and 1/2 the price of a Jap name brand, fantastic! I just couldnt bring myself to snap the timing pointer off otherwise I would have done 164 mm pulley. Do you run an underdrive on the water pump?

Quote:

Yep heaps of boost, it also runs the smallest SC pulley Motec M4 with data logging etc, HKS cams and extractors mandrell 2 1/2 exh and high flow cat, bigger intercooler etc

Ohhhh Ive never been in a quicker AW11 than mine but yours would leave it for dead. LOVE IT absolutly LOVE IT!!! What spec cams 264 degress or 272? How much extra lift? Still using Air to Air or gone to Water to Air.

Quote:

i reckon its too cheap, dont except anything less than 12k if its in immaculate condition

You reckon too cheap as well? All my mates are saying the same, your not the first to say so, for such a good example 12K plus shouldn't be out of range...

Well its advertised at $11500, I won't be a dodgy bastard and up the price now but I think I'll stick to $11500 hard. In the end there is nothing wrong with her so I can afford to wait for the right buyer.

Quote:

But the the power bug has bitten i dont know if i want to go turbo or a bigger aftermarket supercharger (one that runs constantly and good for about 20 PSI
what do you reckon ??

Turbo! A nicly matched turbo with the right trim wheels, A/R's and a low friction rollerbearing center on an equal length mainfold would have to approach supercharger reponse. You just gotta find a turbo guru that has the knowledge to match a turbo correctly. The SC would be nice and theory says they should out perform a turbo but in practise it doesn't seem to be the case. Personally I'm a little bias towards a turbo, not to say I dont love the INSTANT response from the SC. My SC destroys everything Turbo from lights 4WD or not (except yours Smile ). So there is a case for each. In the end if a large SC is capable of moving the CFM required without to much crankshaft drive losses then go for it!

I suppose its also is a question of application, if your gonna go outright power, then turbo without doubt!

Quote:

Do you have any idea where i could pick up some from ??

Have never seen another set anywhere, it was find of the century in Australia. I have a URL at home for an American importer that sells new Cusco and Tokiko coils for the AW11. Ill get the URL and post it in this thread...

Quote:

Good luck with the GTR, very nice car, definitely quicker, but will it be as much fun as the MR ??

Mate, this is a question I have grappled with for a while...

Modify (Turbo late model GZ) the MR2 and have an absolute weapon or
Get a GTR and play with that...

As an owner of an AW11 you would know that the AW11 presents a driving experience that is VERY hard to beat. So to answer your question Im not sure if it will be as much fun. The AW11 is a very tough act to follow. I may end up regretting this....

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 07:11]

162_trd87
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
88aw11sc you've got mail
mat
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Mon, 28 February 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent !

Appreciate your comments.

Basically this is the fastest you can spin the SC with this set up, theres no point spinning it any faster as you lose efficiency, the volumetric flow drops off. The 175mm is the largest crank pulley you can fit with the standard waterpump pulley, actually had to machine off half a mil of the water pump pulley so it would fit so no you cant run an underdrive pulley with this set up. and the 94 GZE supercharger pulley is 10 % smaller than the earlier version so you get even more SC speed.

I think you are right about the turbo if you want max power its the way to go simply because they are more efficient, that is they use the waste energy from the exh where a SC actually takes power from the crank. So no matter what you end up with more power from a turbo with the same amount of boost.Matching the turbo makes all the diference so i would want to see how they performed before i outlayed any dollars on claims alone.

Dont suppose you want to sell the coil overs ????

Have fun,

Scott Dood
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Tue, 01 March 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Scott,
Sorry No I will have to let them go with the car, but if I come across a set you'll be the first to know. Problem is I have 2 other mates with NA AW11's and they too want to get their hands on a set.

Saw your car in your avatar, VERY NICE, love the wheels, love the engine even more though!

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Tue, 01 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough if was a bit tongue in cheek !!

Let me know if you come across some i would be very interested.

Thanks for the comments on the avatar appreciate the positive feed back, it was only posted today.

Regards,

Scott
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Thu, 03 March 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Scott,
Got any pics of the engine bay, love to see the beast...

Matt.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Thu, 03 March 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, i have some pics,

Will email them when i have some time, there is really nothing that special to see from the pics, except for the intercooler piping and strut brace.

Scott Dood
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Thu, 03 March 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send me a PM with your email address, cant seem to send them to your PM.

SD
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Fri, 04 March 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See how this pic goes, if it works i have some others about 30 in total.

Scott Dood

Attachment: 104_0414.jpg
(Size: 62.82KB, Downloaded 83 time(s))

88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sun, 06 March 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Scott,
Saw the pics...very nice! If you down Sydney way your close to some good tracks like Oran park, have you had her out there?

Matt.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2005 23:13]

88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Fri, 11 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ** Price Drop ** For Sale - 1988 AW11 MR2 Supercharged Sat, 02 April 2005 08:28 Go to previous message
Bump Again Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FREE SA63 Celica '84 Sydney
Next Topic:wtb: ae95 sr5 awd corolla wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:44:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013919830322266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.