Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 15 February 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if some fuck*n wanker didnt write my car off i owulda had one for ya but the top of it is totaly missing .. gives me the shits lol
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 15 February 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmm Doobs sorry to hear about ur car...

Let me just mention a few things..
Think to urself why ur radiator maybe leaking...
I'm guessin its probably coming from the top tank seal or else its coming from a crack...
Now i wouldn't bog it up.... because there is a reason why they crack....

Short story...

I had a leakin radiator for ages, the top tank had actually cracked, so i had tried electric tape, which worked wonderfully for quite a while, i kept using it but the problem was it kept getting wet and it would shrink with the heat....

I went on like this trying absolutely EVERYTHING u could think of to stop it leakin, i even tried to melt some very hard PLASTIC with the soldering iron and apply it to the crack to somehow seal it up but that didn't work either...

So i thought to myself that there MUST be a reason why it cracked in the first place... Decided to get it reconditioned, this mean't that all of the radiator inner pieces would be cleaned, i'd get a new TOP tank and seal...

I dropped off the radiator in dads car (take it out urself, they will charge about $60-70 to remove and put back in)

I got it back the same day in the afternoon...
The place did a WONDERFUL job, the tank looked new, they even sprayed the core for me...

Heres the suprise.... My tank was 70% blocked. it was only running off 2 of the channels, he said to me that if i had taken one more highway run that the car would have overheated very badly and could have done a headgasket

Cost me $150, best money i've spent, my bet is that yours is blocked too..

I'll get u the number a bit later on, they are in melbourne so u might wanna drop it in on say a Saturday morning early... but that leaves the problem of removing it and puttin it back in, coz u will need coolant and water...

Cheers
Adrian
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 16 February 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can I just say to anyone thinking about putting a harness on their 162, that it is reeeeaaly easy!! if the back seats are out, it takes less than 10 minutes to bolt on. best of all, after reading the FIA requirements for 4 point harnesses and actually measuring mine....it is compliant...*yey*
thought i'd point it out
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 16 February 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although - I personally wouldn't mount harnesses to anything but a roll cage, but that's just me (and Possum Bourne who's co-driver was killed by harnesses mounted to the chassis). Very Happy

Having said that, they would be nice - keeps you held in tight under hard braking/cornering!
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excuse me for being ignorant or insensative for asking, but how did he die from harnesses that was particularly mounted on the chassis? ideally, it should be mounted on a seperate strut mounted between the two sides of the b pillars. but this is not possible unless you have a full roll cage. So unless the bolts that were conected to the chassis came off or broke (in which case it wouldnt be the harness' fault) I can't see how death can come about, directly related to chassis mounted harnesses.
I would like to know the story if someone or FWDBoy would care explaining?
Cheers,
Jon
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Explanation coming up in a sec....

(edit)
-= removed for being too serious-a-quote =-

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 06:28]

Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well just dropped off my car at W.A. Suspensions this morning, getting

Lovell Sports Low Springs, and KYB gas shocks installed. Will keep you up to date on the improvement over the stock setup.

http://moment.autodeist.com/suspension.jpg
STOCK
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slam it more.. my sills are about 90mm from the ground looks the money

but it looks good the way it is

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 05:15]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 15:28

Explanation coming up in a sec....

"It soon became clear that it was a freak crash. The Legacy we drove that day was one that mounted the seat belt harnesses on the original seat belt mounts for the rear seat passengers. When the car hit the tree, it moved that part of the body-shell back, and the belts compressed Rodger's rib cage, squashing his lungs, liver and kidneys. The seats themselves were strong enough to take the pressure, just when Rodger needed them to break to relieve the strain on his body. The doctors at the hospital said that no amount of surgery would have saved Rodger"

From "Bourne to Rally" (2003) Phantom House Books Ltd.

Don't forget - you asked Razz

man that made me feel sick
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*URGENT* help please

can each of you take 30 seconds and run outside and check their sump plug (if you don't already know it) size. I think most of you will have a 17mm bolt, but I have (or had) a 14mm I am trying to replace.

Mine kinda came to grief (please don't laugh). And it seems the smaller 14mm sump plug, is rather rare

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06104.jpg

I need to know if anyone has one or now. It may be the case that I don't have a toyota plug Confused

Either way, I can't drive my car till I sort this out for thater, erm, obvious reasons Very Happy

edit: piccie link wrong, and matt! easy on the massive pictures ay Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 05:59]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the 17mm one so I have no idea what you are talking about Razz

Yeah i might remove that quote and just pm it to jonchai - it's a little raw.
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs,

go to rad reps, they will do a sweet jobh for low cost, i got mine done there ahwile ago.

rear tyre/arch gap: 0mm
front " " : stock,
hmm might try lovell springs on the front, ne scrubage with ur tryes? im guessing they are 215's?

the lowest point on my car used to be 8cm of the ground (exhuast)

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 06:44]

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting story, kinda defeated the purpose of removing as rob already quoted you Very Happy Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, i have a 14mm(i think) plug on my sump.When i changed them over i hadd the bigger one but newy had the smaller, which atm is semi-threaded and in need of a die job. I think u can buy them from autobarn, in fact i know you can coz i was looking at them tonight. good luck with it mate

Oh, and good news guys-Front brakes are finally on!!!!!thats red twin-spots, new pads and new discs. Stops a treat now. Next on the list is new plugs(NGK iridiums)all the fluids, a huge clean and replacing both driveshaft boots which i have discovered are catcus.

Catcha guys
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey

I got a new radiator today, put her in tommorow, TRD-ST162 thanxs for the info.

I will be posting my pics and a write up on what ive done for anyone who cares Razz

Also rob, i can buy u a 14mm washer from geelong if u want (i have the 18mm) and post it down. Just pm me ya address.

cheers fellas

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 09:26]

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 17 February 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post the freaking car pics!! Very Happy Razz
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 18 February 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just letting you guys know that about 5 minutes ago i finished making an oil catch can from 2 brass fittings, some new hose(thanx pirtek) an empty water bottle, a coke lid and some gaffa tape. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

The coke bottle is just a temp fix till i can get a small coolant overflow bottle or something that will look factory.

Cheers
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 18 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude you should stuff the water bottle full of that fine steel wool
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 February 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fine steel wool?okie dokie.Will do that when i change the bottle. NEw idea of a small milo tin Smile Whatya reckon? cathca guys
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 February 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill get a stainless can made to ur specs if you want for 30 bucks.. and send it down beats the milo tin Razz
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 February 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.. If yous dont know ive already told yous before but i put a jap spec engine... Well i got pics of it.. It looks the same but some diffrent things have been changed... His some pics Wink

Far Pic of engine
http://img134.exs.cx/img134/1589/engine12tq.jpg

Close pic
http://img134.exs.cx/img134/7178/engine24fo.jpg

Pic of Yamaha printed on head Wink

http://img134.exs.cx/img134/3172/engine37qg.jpg

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 20 February 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the jap spec has different cylinder head, would that make up for the slighly higher compression?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt the heads are different it's more likely the pistons. I've seen that Yamaha stamping on an Aus delivered head before what year was the import engine?
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its a 87 model... My last engine i had in it Didnt go as near hard as this one... And when i put 98 octane in it i fell a diffrence in speed.. But my aus spec i had before didnt..
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok then that would be my next guess, jap engine is running 10:1 compression right
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey has anyone researched on aftermarket pulley kits for the 3sge engines? if there are such a part for the 3sge.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:32

hey has anyone researched on aftermarket pulley kits for the 3sge engines? if there are such a part for the 3sge.

Why bother, if the engines kaput.... throw in a 3SGTE and start investing Very Happy

But to answer your question, i dont think i've seen much aftermarket parts for the 3SGE's, but i could be wrong. Cause there are a few people out there with MR2 non-turbos which still runs the 3SGEs only different generations.

I'd prolly prefer to get a ST165 later on... and use my red one as daily drive to and from work... something like this:

http://z-o-g.org/gt4cars/used-oldtimer/toyota-celica-2000gt-four-86.jpg

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen pulley kits for 2nd gen 3sge mr2 engines, but not sure if there are any for the 1st gen 3sge.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but how much would they be worth.. do u rekon they be worth the money for the power you get out of them..?
2nd hand 3sgte cam gears / pulleys are about 250 bucks

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 09:25]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey StuC yeah man a milo tin works well for an oil catch can, I made mine a few weeks back using that.

Being an old veteren of this thread I though I would pop in and chuck this up.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60473&start=0&rid=2471&S=71b121f420d 4aca0f4ec566432b89d25

also a bit of advise from some of you more experienced ones from the old days, how much do ST162's with 3sgte's go for these days, I haven't really been looking but I am sure you guys have, I have seriosly lost interest in my celica, soo soon my car and all the spare parts I have will be up for sale.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would a St162 witha 3sge beams swap from a St202(?) go for these days Wink

Hmms - NA fun rught there - and a possible dream car for some

Integgy type R's - PFFT!

Btw - still monitoring this thread .. its helping logical second car processes atm
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 22:55

how much would a St162 witha 3sge beams swap from a St202(?) go for these days Wink

Integgy type R's - PFFT!

Btw - still monitoring this thread .. its helping logical second car processes atm

It's my dream car Smiley = Even though it'd be expensive, and probably wouldn't see a full return on my investment, it'd be cheaper to build a Beams ST162 than buy a DC2 Integra or import a DC3 Civic Type-R (which I love).
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 21 February 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 22:55

Integgy type R's - PFFT!

Stuey! between 5-6k I am lead to believe. But man that is SO cheap for something that will eat any other n/a small sports car alive
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the idea Smile

as said - im still planning on a second car - it would be nice to have the best of both worlds Smile

BTW bad luck on the reverse into dude - hopefully its sweet again soon

Gt4 is having some new wireys put in - im about 90% thru getting the battery swapped into the boot Smile Was extremely easy so far , considering the work involved
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it be possible to change the whole of the 3sge internals with the beams 3sge interals? think you'd get the same amount of power, plus a beams ecu?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn you Stuart don't change the subject Mad Laughing

nah serious has anyone been keeping an eye on ST162 GT2 sales or has anyone bought one recently? I am interested in a price average, cause I didn't realise that ST162's sold so cheap these days.

or if anyone is interested in buying one please see my signature below Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 12:52

would it be possible to change the whole of the 3sge internals with the beams 3sge interals? think you'd get the same amount of power, plus a beams ecu?

I don't think that would really be possible, or it would be but you would probably spend more rebuilding the engine with beams parts than just dropping a whole beams engine in the first place, you could probably build a hardcore NA for the same ammount that may be better than the beams.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm..building a n/a more powerful then the beams or equal, not a bad idea, probably cheaper and won't have to source out the beams engine at the same time.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think building one to be as fast would cost more than actualy buying the beams
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well beams is what 5-6k, i've spent up to 3 1/2 on the engine rebuild, so about another 3 1/2 more to go, i don't think it would be too hard?
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 16:25

well beams is what 5-6k, i've spent up to 3 1/2 on the engine rebuild, so about another 3 1/2 more to go, i don't think it would be too hard?

opps meant another 2.5 k, that totals 6k Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys hows things?
Stu, in regards to the beams transplant...
a gen3 st202 halfcut will set you back about $2200 maybe even a little less from some wreckers, although i have seen prices go up to about 4k! For about 4k you can get a beams halfcut but probs not in the best of conditions - i know some of you will be thinking that an st202 is a beams, but they're not -

series 2 of the 6th gen celicas came out with beams whereas series 1 came out with the st202. Difference is beams has duall VVTi compared to single(exhaust side only i think)Im pretty sure the internals are the same tho. I've been researching this in depth as this is the option im probably gonna go. I'll talk a bit more about it with you at the dyno day on sat if you want.

PS:Great news guys, ive stopped my sump leaking and have done a drain,flush and change of oil etc.My sump plug (12mm for ya Rob) was completely stripped bar 1 thread! tomorrow im gonna install my foggies and see if i can hunt down a boot for my driveshaft.

Al;so, do the 3sge's have to have a rocker gasket or can a silicon or similar(read loctite gasket maker) one be made up and work fine? Sorry for the long post guys.

Catcha

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The $5-6k for the ST202 halfcut includes more than just the engine. Most importantly, its the computer and gearbox too.

If you wanted to rebuild/work an older generation 3SGE up to 200hp, you'd be sacrificing a lot of functionality as a daily driver, running such aggressive maps and timing. Plus then you'd have the problem of getting the power to the ground. Even if your stock gearbox (16+ years old...) was in good shape, LSD is a must for performance front wheel drives.

Now after you've swapped in all the Beams gear, you've got a 200hp engine to work on as a starting point - not a finishing point.

TRD independant throttle bodies, add some more agressive cams and dabble with aftermarket computing (I think the VVTi is a fairly closed system...) and you're going to be moving past the performance of 220hp Type-R engines. You've got super charging and turbo options to look at too. It is serious dollars, but it is serious performance. Plus, the Beams gear will hold more resale value at the end of the day.

EDIT: The Celica Beams engine came in the 1997-1999 SS-II and SS-III models. The LSD gearbox is only in the SS-III model. Other than the presence of a front spoiler (option on the SS-II), the cars are identical. Cheaper ST202 halfcuts are more likely the SS-II model.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 06:23]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see the white celica in this foto neone know where to find one of these wings it looks like the stock one has been removed and this one in its place warrior has something like it but his goes on the standard wing.. ive seen a guy in brisbane with one but aint seen him in a wile

http://f-style.lir.dk/albums/celica-at160/06060003_G.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 08:46]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 22 February 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got my car back from the body shop. I'm really excited about having it back, dispite the 100 little things wrong with it that continue to bug me.

It was sent in to repair damage to the FRHS fender caused by my sister when hit a pine fence post as she swung out while reversing.

While it was in, I got some of the black plastic and the sun faded bonet, spoiler and rear bumper resprayed. The paint is a okay match. With a little time and some polishing, the difference should be nil.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/DSC00022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/DSC00023.jpg

(Excuse my exhaust hanging off, it must have been pulled off its rubber hook while it was in the shop and it was too hot to put it back in when I got home.)
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 February 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60636&start=0&rid=3541&S=4f67fbabd3c ee94389dd8761b9b55163

There we go fellas the pics are up

cheers
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
my cars in the workshop again!! Crying or Very Sad
is it just me or does my car spend as much time off the road than it does on.!! in the past 12 months, i think my car has spent 7 months "out of action", I mean, WTF.
This time, the car won't start at all. put the car to 'on' and the dash lights appear as normal but when u would push it to crank, absolutely nothing happens. not a click or a weak attempt at starting. thought it was the immobiliser but isnt, tried to jump start, won't. pfffff......WHATEVER....F*#%
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 February 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 16:09

Hi guys,
my cars in the workshop again!! Crying or Very Sad
is it just me or does my car spend as much time off the road than it does on.!! in the past 12 months, i think my car has spent 7 months "out of action", I mean, WTF.
This time, the car won't start at all. put the car to 'on' and the dash lights appear as normal but when u would push it to crank, absolutely nothing happens. not a click or a weak attempt at starting. thought it was the immobiliser but isnt, tried to jump start, won't. pfffff......WHATEVER....F*#%

might be a starter relay, common problem with the 162
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 23 February 2005 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jess, its been freaking ages since you were last on, whats new?Hows that conversion of yours coming along? Keep us up to date mate. catcha

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 24 February 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay, car is back, it was only the alarm and something along the lines of..... the solders came off, came loose or something like that. So it was trivial despite it costing me over $200. Damn cars.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking at that '202 swap too - does anyone know if you can road register a privately imported ST202? Does the engine make it significantly different enough from the local ST204R?

Also, last night on the freeway my 'check engine' light came on. Error code 21 - Oxygen sensor? The light only occasionally comes on during long / hard drives. Do I have to replace the sensor now, or will it be okay for a while?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 14:52

....Also, last night on the freeway my 'check engine' light came on. Error code 21 - Oxygen sensor? The light only occasionally comes on during long / hard drives. Do I have to replace the sensor now, or will it be okay for a while?

it will be ok for ages mate.. I have had that issue on long freeway drives with cruise on for ages and ages,dont' worry, just do it when you get a chance.

oldcorollas sells them on these forums
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet, thanks for that. Smile
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the o2 sensor will be fine for ages, i get the light too except i cant get any to replace mine. apparently mines some funky import model.. Sad
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, i checked out another 162-silver with blue interior.HAs had a respray and is very straight. Electric windows, factory sunroof(no leaks) and AC. The engine is fukt (i think its #1 conrod from the sounds of it)which is good and has extractors.

So...should i buy it for $1k and transplant my suspension, sway bar, rims,stereo, exhaust and sell mine for $3200 and put a new engine in or should i work on the body of mine?

Pros....good body, OEM stuff to put on my red one, including RWC tyres.
Cons....I hate the interior, so if any of you guys have a full dark grey or black interior i'll buy it off you and all will be swell!!

Opinions guys

thanx...

PS-Wreckers in Melbourne are rip-off merchants. $4500 for a st185 conversion without install, so engine,turbo and some ancillaries, no gbox!!!!!!!

and im having trouble finding a 202 halfcut.

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 25 February 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like buying it and transplanting your gear is a great option. A rough body is only going to detract from the value of a worked car.

With the ST202 halfcut, maybe you should talk to an importer and get them to source one for you? It could take a few months, but it'd be worth it.
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 27 February 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyno day i got 71fwkw,

two reasons why so low: a) its auto with 320,000 and no rebuild
b) my o2 sensor air/fuel ration needs replacement, peak power was only at 5400 due to drop off on the ratio

so to bring mine up to speed my future things to do r:
1) o2 sensor (might do gorup buy with adrian, stuc etc)
2)remove resonator, im lazy
3) extractors
4) high flow cat
5) jaycar air/fule ratio tuner to adjust my top end
6) next time use optimax

hopefully this will bring it up a bit more!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

congrats to adrian with 86fwkw!!!!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 27 February 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, as drift-spec said, our O2 sensors are rooted and id be putting money on it that most of the guys' here are too.My proposal:one group buy of oxy sensors. I'll try and hunt some good ones down.Adam(improved AE86) knows of some good ones but couldnt remember the name.

I posted a 78.6kW@5650, but it was running so rich it was blowing sooo much black smoke it wasnt funny. Anyway, have a few things to do to the car next week and im still hunting around for a good body as that silver one got sold.

Catcha guys
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 27 February 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got an 86 one dunno how good it is though
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 27 February 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
brad, is that an 86 shell or 86 oxy sensor?i wont take a second-hand unit but thanx anyway. I want to replace with a new item so it works perfectly.If its a shell, what colour?is body straight?rust etc?

Cheers
Pages (63): [ «  <  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:08:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015799999237061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.