Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE20 Rims BE HONEST!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 21:40

sigh...

oh and read my sig Wink

12A NA is not legal.
13B NA is not legal.
13BT is not legal... in a KE20.

i know of one street registered KE20 running in the 11's and it's a fine piece of work (most ppl know yellorolla)

1). KE20 is not a chick pulling car... skyline GTR/Supra RZ are chick pulling cars.. not KE20's.

2) how many drag cars have large rims?

3) 10 seconds is a pretty wuick time, and you are not just looking at motor here.. suspension setup is a must. sure you can buy a 10sec package from some of the rotor shops, but it's the setup that makes them go.

4).. what sort of bullshit is that. you WILL NOT get a KE20 registered with any rotor above a 10A. it IS NOT LEGAL.

5). rims wider than 6" ARE NOT LEGAL on a car under 800kg..
5a) a 10" rim is ONLY legal on a car that weighs 1401kg or more.
a 7" rim is only legal on a car 801kg or more...

do you even know how much a KE20 weighs?

6) my "Code of Practice of Light Vehicle Modification" is copy 892.. how about yours Razz

heh heh

and you did say honest, which is why i was harsh. seems i was on the mark also, as you don't really have any idea what you are doing.

yes, please go and talk to ausrotary.. the old boys there will cut you down even harder Razz LOL Very Happy.

and you have 17's on it now?

pics or ban

Cya, Stewart

So 1973_KE20

now that u have had all this honesty thrown at you by oldcorollas...

what are the new plans for the ke20 pimpmobile?

NOLAN
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 21:52

i have pics but no idea how to post them :S

To add a pic to a post in a section that isn't in a For Sale section. you will need to upload the image in a similar manner to above but it will need to be done on an image hosting service such as Image Shack.

Go to www.imageshack.us
You will see an empty field with a "browse" button next to it.
Click "browse" and find the image on your computer.
Once you've located the image click "host it".
When the image has been uploaded it will give you a series of links. Each link is for use in a different way.

Example:
http://img201.exs.cx/img201/7066/example1fe.jpg

Now that you've uploaded your image you will then need to add it to the post. You can either provide the link to the image (eg: http://img201.exs.cx/img201/7066/example1fe.jpg ) or you can make it appear in the post by using the link but adding [img] to one end and [/img ] to the other (but without the space).

Before you post your reply click preview to check that your links are working. If things don't work double check your links. Check that you put the image tags on both sides of the image link. Make sure that the image isn't exceding 100kb (if uploaded on Toymods) or 1024kb (if uploaded on Image Shack).

Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey SIMDOG

thanks a buddle dude ive been waiting for some1 to xplain this for ages

no1 seemed to wanna tell me how to get some1 to host them

thanks dude

NOLAN
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah, all you need is webspace Wink but a great explanation.

that pic is of the guys car before rims apparently, from the members ride section, so he must've known how to do it before Wink Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I posted the explaination so he couldn't use computer illiteracy as an excuse for not posting pics. I suspected bullshit. Wink

Ps: Here is the post I made earlier today (bottom of the page)... explaination... It's getting ridiculous the number of people that can't post pics. Nobody ever properly explains it for them either.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 12:06]

styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people are being honest as you have asked...

so...
19 x 10 on back
17 x 7 front

a lot of modifying
lots of money for mods
rim cost
roadworthy???
legal??
looks out of era and rollerskate but "wow" too
doesnt make it go faster
and aquaplaning/traction in wet??
pull chicks? errrm wtf

no offence but dont you the think the people
on this forum might have more experience and have
thought of these things before and tried them,
therefore having more knowledge about it all...
i assume you also have around 50k for the 10sec bracket...

my corolla is going have 26 inch rims, a 5.7L
ferrari v12, a quad turbo setup, NOS and its gonna
WhiPaSs all of your cars easy *but* at the moment its
a 3k with an airfilter... well do it all and amaze everyone.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 13:53]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think the bigger the better. We're just not seeing the big picture here. I think you should make a monster truck out of the KE20 and put on some really, really serious wheels.....

http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/TMAX/ULTRAPHAT.jpg

seeyuzz
river
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 23:31

i was thinking about mini-tubbing it and putting 19x10's on the back and 17x7's on the front and dumping it

Aren't different sized rims, i.e. 19's on the back and 17's on the front..illegal?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 21:24]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no cos the Lotus Exige has them stock, it has I think seventeens on the rear and 16 on the front. does cause a few height problems if tyres are not selected ie profile.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that celica real ?????
i'm assuming not.
But i would sooooooooo buy it if it was.
I love the whole regular car body on a 4x4 chassis.
Call me a bogan if u want but it's very original.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i have 17's on it now and the only response i get is thats sick and awesome so am i on the limit now

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Obviously something else is lacking then. Because on Friday I drove my car into the city which is only a 25 minute drive round trip and on the way in I stopped at the lights and some Eminem look-a-like was standing on the side of the road and saw me, he stopped talking on his phone gave a big two thumbs up and yelled out "Fark yeah!!" Rolling Eyes 2 minutes later I am parked and waiting for my GF and two more poorer versions of Eminem are walking past and staring at my car, the one with no teeth decides to let me know how much he likes my car car sticking his head in the window and telling me "Farken awesome mate" Rolling Eyes

I find this sort of attention f$%ken embarassing and it happens all the time. When ever my girlfriend drives the car she says some bogan will yell something out or someone will yell out "do a burnout" etc etc. She avoids driving my car at all costs. My next car will definitely be a sleeper, the last people on earth I want attention from are Eminem try-hards, bogans and white-trash skanks Laughing

........and I get all this attention with only 16" wheels Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Mon, 21 February 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20" chromie spinnahz on a KE20 makes me sad.

Surely the board can ban assclowns like this? I thought the school holidays just ended.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry River

Not big enough mate Laughing
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no idea what to do now, i want something everyone likes, but that is impossible, you guys are the experts and the most passionate about these cars so maybe i should listen to you the most, i havent had any problems with 17x7s since i put them on so i might just keep them or get 17 inch simmons, with 19s i can see alot of people liking the car and alot of people not liking the car so maybe its best to settle for less and then most people will be happy and think its a neat little car...i havent posted a pic for ages so i forgot how to do it..i really dont care if you dont believe i have 17's on it now, alls i did was buy im pretty sure they are 25mm spacers front and rear, put them and the rear scrubbed excessively so i had the guards rolled and i can sit 3 ass's in the back with no worries now i am quite happy with it
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

[i have no idea what to do now, i want something everyone likes

i always thought modifying one's vehicle would be for PERSONAL satisfaction !!

maybe times have changed ....... Confused

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 05:10]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i always thought modifying one's vehicle would be for PERSONAL satisfaction !!

That's what I thought too.

But apparently the world is there to judge you and you have to reprezent! So you have to get out there and strut your stuff to impress da biatches, da homies, da trash and who eva else you cruz past in ur sik ride.

I say go the other way and fit 10inch spoked wheels with big bags, that'll get da biatches wet.......and we all know thats what it's all about Rolling Eyes
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am modifying it for myself but its nice when people like it...as i said i havent got the 19s yet and all i wanted to know is what you guys thought because i really didnt know what i thought, i tossed and turned for 2 weeks before i consulted you's
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i am modifying it for myself but its nice when people like it

That sounds more like it! It is nice when people like your car and a tastefully modded rig will get the most votes. If some people don't like what you do it's not the end of the world!

Look at all the people who do up Excels, they don't care what people think and that's what makes me so proud of them Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personal satisfaction can come from knowing that you've created a car that is liked and respected by a lot of people. Smile

I would like to see a pic of the car with the 17's out of interest.

The ke20 is a cute little car and I think people are getting agro because it's sort of like some dude coming into their house and saying that you have plans to dephile their little sister. ie: Not a cool thing to do. Wink

While 17" wheels are not to everyone's taste on these cars I don't think you'll have people yelling at you not to put them on. It's not quite as extreme.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, I wouldn't spend ~$3500k+ just to impress a bunch of tossers for 10 seconds,..

extremely big wheels + small car = pointless

have a look for something that fits the car and stcks with the era

just my opinion
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 15:47

i can sit 3 ass's in the back with no worries now

you can fit 3 donkeys in your KE20!?!?!?!?! Shocked
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah im like that dude of the animal, i consider my mates ass's becuase they think burnouts are the funnest thing to do in a car and the only powerful engine you can get is an sr20
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1973_KE20 wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 15:47

i have no idea what to do now, i want something everyone likes, but that is impossible, you guys are the experts and the most passionate about these cars so maybe i should listen to you the most, i havent had any problems with 17x7s since i put them on so i might just keep them or get 17 inch simmons, with 19s i can see alot of people liking the car and alot of people not liking the car so maybe its best to settle for less and then most people will be happy and think its a neat little car...i havent posted a pic for ages so i forgot how to do it..i really dont care if you dont believe i have 17's on it now, alls i did was buy im pretty sure they are 25mm spacers front and rear, put them and the rear scrubbed excessively so i had the guards rolled and i can sit 3 ass's in the back with no worries now i am quite happy with it

Just modify the car how u want it...

im juts glad uve lost the "my car is gunna do 5's on 22inch rims at WSID"

honestly and i mean HONEST, no1 will give to shits what u actully do with ur car, but wouldnt it be nicer to own a car thats nice and respectable and doesnt make all ke owners out there
cringe with embarrasment,

make it a real rocket not a rice rocket

but once again this is just in my opinion.

CHEERS

NOLAN
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was in your shoes with a ke20 and some play money

firstly - make the body sweet , clean , neat , classic oldschool cred - keep the chrome too!

secondly - if you wanted motors - a rotor would be an interesting proposal - or something along the lines of maybe a 4agte ? 3tgte ( its been done on here already ) or maybe a nissan 4cyl turbo ( cheap - plenty of aftermarket swaps available )

Piss off the idea of a ford 9 inch - while tough as nails - they weigh an absolute tonne - research the hilux 8 and a bit inch LSD rear end that most of the guys here with grunt run - they are lighter for starters - and have just as many applications of diff centres

Swap out your brakes , struts etc , get the thing stopping better + invest in the handling attributes

Wheels - 17's max - lightly lipped guards , nice sticky tread ..

youd have the instant how cool is that impact from many more admirers , and have a bloody quick machine to match.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude you WILL be trying to pick up chicks if your girlfriend ever reads this thread. Anyway trying to pick up girls that like you for your car is a bad idea unless you just want a root. Someone with a better car and more money will eventually come along and bam, your car slut is suddenly washing your neighbours ride in that white bikini you liked so much.

Rim choice; yeh might look nice on a show car, 15" simmons or some imported mesh rims would like nicer though IMO.

My ke35 runs the old 14" supra alloys we all love so much and I think they look nice.

Cheers André

p.s. saw a ke30 in my mates 4x4 mag the other day which is actually a sierra 4x4 with a ke30 shell stretched over it and absolutely overboard competition rims and tyres. F*** they were massive. The thing looked awesome!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 09:05]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The people who you are likely to impress with your 19" wheels are not the car enthusiast type. More they are the sik bro or bogan type. They know fuck all about cars, and only care for bodykits, big heavy chrome wheels, nos and airbag sus.

Soon as u meet a proper toyota enthusiast on the street, first thing they are gonna ask you is "dude, whats with the 19" rims?? they really dont suit this little car"

My advise? some nice 14/15" wheels would look tough on a ke20, personally i like deep dish oldschool jap.

If u must stay big, keep the 17"s Confused Rolling Eyes but DO NOT go 19"s, if u do i pray to god they get stolen (but dont burn the ke20 u bastards!)
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im way ahead of you with the straight body/no rust thing, its at the panelbeaters as we speak, fixing absolutely ANYTHING and a full respray in blood orange..all the bumpers will be re-chromed at the best chrome shop in town, the interior is being treated to 2 recaros from an evo 1 with probably black leather and the rear seat will be retrimmed to match, i have big plans for this car and i would hate to ruin it by doing the wrong thing, this car means so much to me you have no idea
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 20:04

Dude you WILL p.s. saw a ke30 in my mates 4x4 mag the other day which is actually a sierra 4x4 with a ke30 shell stretched over it and absolutely overboard competition rims and tyres. F*** they were massive. The thing looked awesome!

is that the blue one??
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it were me? I would buy 5 x Corona rims and some reasonable (and reasonably priced) decent tyres. I would spend most of the $2500 change getting some Weld wheels, slicks and front runners for the strip.

If I absolutely had to have decent rims - I would go for 15" Performance superlites - you'll still have change for your track rubber (but then I am sick - not sikbro).

I would spend a lot more time trying to make the car run 11's and spend less time claiming how quick it is going to be. To go 10's I would keep every cent tied to the aspect of keeping the car as safe as possible while running with the very best gear that I could afford that would get it there.

Like Shane - I get heaps of attention and I only have 14's and my car is a dirt tin by comparison to his.

See you soon.
1973_KE20
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my decision i think is 17's, i have more than 3500 to spend i am takin a 10 thousand dollar loan out and spending what else i happen to save in the time of construction, everything will be covered including the huge factor of safety
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 08:01

Hi,

I think the bigger the better. We're just not seeing the big picture here. I think you should make a monster truck out of the KE20 and put on some really, really serious wheels.....

http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/TMAX/ULTRAPHAT.jpg

seeyuzz
river

Jezz River thats one mad jigger ya have there Razz
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked

that thing is nuts

NOLAN
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Tue, 22 February 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About time you posted a pic of ya ride River.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Wed, 23 February 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had the cash to spend on a ke20 i'd even think about a 3sgte, nice original body and lowered on phat 15" deep dish rims. Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Wed, 23 February 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 17:01

Hi,

andrij wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 17:17

The only thing that appreciates in value is a house, so be prepared to lose money on your Corolla when you decide to sell it. Simple economics.

Not necessarily so, my slot-car racing friend. Just about any car you spend big dollars on doing-up will no doubt lose you money in the long term when you wish to sell. However, money can be made on some cars if they are kept long enough (so they are rare and sought after) and left in their original state.

For example, a mint EH Holden. However, this implies that you had it from new and looked after it supremely well for all these years.

Also, some classic old computers (70's vintage) are now demanding top dollar. Who'd have thought the old IMSAI of 1974, that cost $450 in kit form, would be fought over by collectors for upwards of $2k-3k USD, depending upon its condition and it's expansion boards etc.

Also, check out the inflating price of Enesco music boxes. Enesco don't make them anymore and some of the prices people now pay are quite ridiculous. And then there's Toby Jugs... Picasso's... hehehehehehe, now I'm just winding you up - 'cos I know what you mean. Smile

seeyuzz
river

Damn straight on the computers River! I just sold an Osborne 4 "Vixen" luggable PC for $400 on the ebay. I know it's old and rare..... but they guy who bought it is spending another $200 to ship it to the UK. And my wife laughed at my (quasi) vintage computer collection! And called it nerdy! The bloody thing only cost me $12 at a garage sale.

Now I will spend all the money on beer and not a penny on her!

Anyone after a couple of Sun 3/60's and a Sparc Station 1?

Cheers,
Caelum
PS Ke20 boy IMHO you've got no bloody idea about anything but since you seem really young, dumb (and full of c_m) it's good you have plenty of time to realise this. Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2005 00:14]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Wed, 23 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

towe_001 wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 23:53

Yeah, it literally crushes all opposition - KE20's especially! Razz

It's amazing what you can do with photoshop!

River's amazing ride, if you're interested is here...

http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=1973-JDM-RA25GT&op=modload&name=gall ery&file=index&include=view_album.php

And woo-hoo, I now have 680 hits on my picture gallery - the most in that site! Go on lads, knock yourselves out and bump up my counter a bit more! Good stuff Smile

seeyuzz
river
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Fri, 25 February 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 11:16

Hi,

towe_001 wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 23:53

Yeah, it literally crushes all opposition - KE20's especially! Razz

Oi !
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Fri, 25 February 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE_20

Build the car how YOU want it mate.
Opinions are like @r$eholes.
Everyone has one.

A neatly constructed KE20 looks good. A rice one like cr@p.
My opinion.
A totally stock, in mint condition KE20 looks great, but then, so does a totally neatly (sensibly) modified one as well.

My 2 cents, but then again, i one 2 crown wagons and i think that they look cool too, but modified Very Happy
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE20 Rims BE HONEST! Sat, 26 February 2005 10:35 Go to previous message
My 2c . .

There is a difference between a show/strip car, and a fully engineered street car. You rarely get a "fully sik" show car that is 100% legal, but if that is what you want to build, then go for it!

I mean, if it comes down to it - wheels are like shoes Laughing
Look good for show - put on your 17's
Need to legally cruise - put on your 12"-15"

final quote:
"build the car that YOU would be happy with"

Cheers
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke20 4age engine mounts
Next Topic:protective coating for paintjob.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:32:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084998607635498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.