Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
logic
Occasional Poster

December 2004
sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Mon, 21 February 2005 06:25 Go to next message
sorry to ask again Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why are you asking for stock maps for the beams they will be in the ecu ,unless you are running a aftermarket ecu then you need to dyno it
logic
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buddy i need to get the stock maps so i can then improve on that map.
and i asked for the 3SGTE stock maps before .please read before awnsering
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And you should grow a brain before posting.

The stock maps are in the factory ECU. No easy way to extract those and also meaningless as they will be uninterpretable by an aftermarket ECU. If you are running aftermarket, then you will need to dyno it.

If you are after some aftermarket maps, then specify what ECU you are running.

Not hard.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so you asked before how about you bookmark something before you go off.

or how about you just look at your old posts rather than bother everyone again

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60025&rid=44&S=dba835558ab197c82b9e98bac e6fa934&pl_view=&start=0#msg_551814

http://member.newsguy.com/~gtfour/stockmap.htm

http://kaele.com/~kashima/car/3sgte/sw20ign3.gif
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think what he is after is some base figures, to enter into aftermarket ecu as a starting point for the dyno/tuning.

Whats everyone think about having some central store of ECU maps. Ignition is easy I suppose fuel is harder as thats a lot more dependant on the ECU brand.

I know Oldcorollas was trying to work on getting something like this together?

Then when someone gets an aftermarket ecu they hopefully can find some maps to get them up and running to the nearest dyno/tuner etc.

Cheers
Joel
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 09:04

I think what he is after is some base figures, to enter into aftermarket ecu as a starting point for the dyno/tuning.

Whats everyone think about having some central store of ECU maps. Ignition is easy I suppose fuel is harder as thats a lot more dependant on the ECU brand.

I know Oldcorollas was trying to work on getting something like this together?

Then when someone gets an aftermarket ecu they hopefully can find some maps to get them up and running to the nearest dyno/tuner etc.

Cheers
Joel

I can't say I'm a fan of the idea myself. Some guys on the MR2 board tried to do this as well. The problem I see is what's to stop someone maliscious from making a map that is guaranteed to blow the engine? Sure if you know what you're doing you'll recognise the map as a dud but if you know what you're doing you would most likely make your own map from scratch anyway.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that is a valid point. Guess I wasn't thinking people would scoop that low... sad world eh Sad

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Tue, 22 February 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is also the other side where people could do it unintentionally. An example would be if you had 850cc injectors in a gen2 3S but didn't list that when you posted the map. If anyone applied that to a stock Gen2 with 440's it would die a horrible death.

I can't say I have gone down the programmable management path for an engine of my own in the past, although I am planning to order one in the very near future, but I'd be hesitant in buying a computer when the manufacturer cannot provide a base map to get the engine running. I mean a base map is all that people could reasonably want to get from someone else because of the huge amount of variables that can influence the tune between cars.

I know that may be a bit of a pain in the butt when you are playing with something out of the ordinary like a 4V or something but surely a base map from a 4L V8 adjusted for the correct injector sizes and obviously the right snesor interfaces.

I like the idea on a theoretical and learning level and if nobody used the maps for anything other than learning it would be an awesome resource. The problem is I can just see someone who doesn't know better use the maps and have it end in tears.
logic
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Wed, 23 February 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok for those people who cannot read i said the BEAMS ENGINE , AS IN THE ALTEZZA ENGINE , not the ST185 3sgte, i already have that one book marked (and the hurtful thing is that the guy who has it on the site lives in the same island as i do and i know him well)

thanx
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Wed, 23 February 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
logic wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 16:44

ok for those people who cannot read i said the BEAMS ENGINE , AS IN THE ALTEZZA ENGINE , not the ST185 3sgte, i already have that one book marked (and the hurtful thing is that the guy who has it on the site lives in the same island as i do and i know him well)

thanx

LOL, you are a funny guy...

why don;t you email toyota.. i'm sure they would be happy to give it to you for free.... after spending millions of dollars tuning the motors...

1) do you have a BEAMS motor?
2) how would a map help if the fuel algorithms are not the same (i can almost gaurantee you the internal fuelling algorithms are very different)
3) why not just tune the car on a dyno. that way you are sure to get it right.

every engine is different. stock ECU's are still a best guess as not every engine is not perfect (tho toyota is very good).

how about you email BillS? i'm sure he'd be happy to hear form you Wink
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: sorry to ask again i need the stock maps for the beams 3sge motor Wed, 23 February 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
hey i can give you the stock maps ,by my altezza ecu off me then you will have them ha ha
also at a side note any aftermarket wont run the altezza beams motor unless it has cam control features to run the vvti and no you cant run stepper motor control to run it either
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:are all 1G looms the same???
Next Topic:surge tank piping
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:08:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11338305473328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.