Toymods » General Car Talk » Enimen Edition Commodore

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona i think its the same reason that Ford wouldn't dare try and use forced 6s. Basicly by using a 5l pushrod v8 it levels the playing field. Niether Holden will push it SV6 and future possible forced induction versions into touring car racing. The forced 6s, although having lower power figures, could whip their V8 counterparts but niether Holden nor Ford want to alienate their loal V8 fan bases.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very different times camry omega, you have to remember that this was group A days thus any combination of cars ran, there was even corollas' twin cams in lower classes, err you could not run an XR6 turbo because AVESCO stands for the Australian Vee Eight Supercar Corporation, thus a six would not qualify, but back in the days any production car was eligible, the question is why didn't any privateers run them not the factory teams.
Remember the XU1 GTR's were sixes so there is no reason why they had to run V8's. Ford didn't even have v8's at the time so the fact that ford could win v8 sales off them didn't exist.
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about 2 years ago mitsubishi appointed Warren Luff head of Mitsubishi V8 racing (v8 supercars) they had almost finished building their car when Mitsubishi had that major fall through and they had to terminate the project.So it looks as if other company's very well could be joining the race, so to speak.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To the whole production class thing with turbos in the 80s scaring the v8s. Dont forget Furys Bluebird!!! Set a lap record at Mt Panorma that lasted for years. And this car used a pushrod sohc 1.8l engine with some boost Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err that project was finished but it only produced 450hp and it raced in the 24 hr bathurst not really a production car but either were the two lead monaros.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 16:04

err that project was finished but it only produced 450hp and it raced in the 24 hr bathurst not really a production car but either were the two lead monaros.

no that magna was racing in a class like the supercars for people with smaller budgets. They still had to run v8's but only allowed 400hp from what I was told. It used to be on speedweek a while back. Can't remember the name of it because i really couldn't give a shit Razz
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note: Fury's Bluebird still holds the record on the old track. (before the chase was built)

I didn't think the z18 was pushrod?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 06 January 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes I know it was used for the pleb V8 category even below konica but tey also did race it at the 24hr to fill numbers
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sat, 08 January 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean the "Future Tourer" category ? That James Brock raced in? that was a very good idea, which cost more than the originators thought it would, so was killed by lack of entries.

So many people on here hold up Group-A touring cars as some kind of tin-top racing god. People seem to forget that once manufacturers worked out how to use the rulebook, only the Sierras and GTRs won races with any regularity. Hang on - that sounds like a two-make race series. Oh NO ! ! !

1984-1993 isn't a bad run for a set of rules, but the problem with Group A was that big manufacturers could design road-cars with the Group-A rulebook firmly in mind. That gave them a massively unfair advantage over companies that were simply adapting existing cars for racing (i.e. within the spirit of the rules).

As much as it may be hated-on by soooo many toymodders, V8SC's show no sign of losing momentum after a decade on top of Aussie motorsports. How long did 2-litre SuperTouring last before it priced itself out of existance? I know that spectators don't make good racing, but you need public support to get sponsors, which you need in droves to run expensive, top-level motorsport. I attended a couple of Super-Tourer events in its last two years of decent competition/entries, and the racing was fantastic, the cars looked great and sounded good (for 4-cylinders).

I also had my choice of spectating positions, as there were only a few hundred people there, as opposed to any V8SC round you care to attend.

It's racing dudes. Yes, V8SC's are basically a silhouette category now, I know that only the body is carried over from the road cars. Just accept it at face value and get on with life!

Come back and talk to me about a Group-A style category when you've come up with a set of rules that gives true parity between a full grid of modified road cars, of different engines/weights/configurations etc, at all Australian circuits.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 09 January 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just reckon it would be better too see more manufactures in it then just Holden and Ford. It just gets so boring to watch a bunch on Falcodores race all he time. Personally I just think that any one who'd rather see an Australian manufacture win all the time is beyond a joke.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 09 January 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're painted differently to one 'nother. Confused

Does that help? Razz Very Happy
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Fri, 18 February 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ok ok ive been living in broady for too long... and things never gets boring here.... geez these Fooly sik Doods keep me amused!!

http://www.geocities.com/gwapong_bogoy/silly/14-10-04_1814.jpg

FOOLY SIK!!11
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 20 February 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=mick wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 11:53

hey Come one he's only speaking the truth about alot of VL's getting about. (not all) and as for the ricer remark goes. you do realise that the VL's came out with the 3L "Nissan" 6 cylinder that is in the Skylines Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Not many holden fans realise what they are saying when they say their "aussie" VL turbo could shit all over any jap-crap.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 20 February 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see so many different cars in there.
A bit of Wb a tiny bit of torana and a little bit of commodore.
I must admit alot and i mean ALOT of my friends are into commodores.
I can kind of see where are they are comming from "everybody else does it so i'm going to"
But having seen many of them i know there are 1 type i would buy an Ex cop car i don't mind what model.

TRD is right there are waaaaaaaaaaaay to many down here and out of every 30 there might be 1 good one if u look.

Also who ever it was that is all worried about looking like a bogan cuz they have a commomwhore.
Buying one doesn't make you a bogan but from the way you are talking i don't need to meet you to see that u are in actual fact a bogan.

EDIT : I'm pretty sure C.O.M.E make most of the V8 supercars drivetrain altho i'm not sure.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 22:26]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 20 February 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 08:44

EDIT : I'm pretty sure C.O.M.E make most of the V8 supercars drivetrain altho i'm not sure.

The engines are based on previous-generation chev & Ford 5Litre cast iron V8's, with "motorsport" heads (read: low production volume custom castings). The internals are sourced from a variety of places (a fair whack of aussie bits get used) and the engines are built either in-house, or by HSV's customer engine operation. I don't doubt that one or more teams are "in bed" with C.O.M.E. one way or another. MOTEC ECUs are now standard (I think) and Manifolds, injection, exhausts etc. are up to the team to sort out.

Gearboxes are (Melbourne built?) Hollinger 6-speed straight cut H-pattern "crash" box. Diffs are a Ford 9-inch centre, usually with Harrop Engineering casing & axle tubes, with camber adjustable via shims.

They might look like bodykitted falcodores, but they sure ain't built like the showroom version! Very Happy

p.s. - I like V8SC's because it's close racing, and I barrack for about half the field - Holden or Ford!

p.p.s. - Ignore the bogans and come camping at Bathurst this year: I PROMISE you'll be hooked on the first day!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Sun, 20 February 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might be right i'm just going on what i read in the street machines with the magna on the front.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Sun, 20 February 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see aaaaanything on the C.O.M.E. website mentioning V8SC involvement - of course that doesn't mean they're not selling pistons/conrods/cranks to teams. -Maybe they've gotta keep quiet about it. You'd think any business supplying parts to a V8SC team would want to shout loud and proud about it though - who knows . . . . . . . . Confused

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Mon, 21 February 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and the old decent motor holden made was the 253,
The 202 would drop piston numbers 1 and 5 all the time.
And the 186 was useless and the block must have been made out of cardboard beacause i blew a hole in the side of the block right next to the engine mount.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Mon, 21 February 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't be caught dead driving a commodore......... unless it was a VP SS or VL turbo. the others have just had the d00dle. this new commo sounds like its been designed by all the "home boys" from penrith. Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Mon, 21 February 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd give my wife one (when i get one) but that's it.
I'd much prefer her to have a car i don't give 2 shits about.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 12:57

Oh and the old decent motor holden made was the 253,
The 202 would drop piston numbers 1 and 5 all the time.
And the 186 was useless and the block must have been made out of cardboard beacause i blew a hole in the side of the block right next to the engine mount.

202 are alright if there looked after. I never had any problems with mine, I find it's usally acts of stupidity that fucks the old Holden motors up. I preffer EFI over any carby now but. It's just so much better
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did look after it a serviced it and everything.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how was it driven? mine lasted, every one I've known with a 202 had a good run except the ones that have been flogged or miss treated. the ones that I have known too die are red motors, but they where very badly treated.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was red motors i had.
They were in a 720 4X4.
I went thru 3 202's and one 186 before i sold it.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLOODY RED MOTORS!!!! Razz that sucks dude!! better luck with the next motor you buy. Fuck that
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing but toyota motors from now on.
After seeing my mate with his 5mge hilux i'm regretting selling my old datto 4x4
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Tue, 22 February 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't go wrong with a Toyota motor!!! thats for sure
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eminem Edition Commodore Wed, 23 February 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've yet to see anything more than a broken timing belt and the gear fall of the dizzy happnen to a toyota motor.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 23 February 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
referring to the earlier comment about the

"push rod sohc" z18...ummm Confused

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 23 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mistake

8v OHC

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2005 05:26]

muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 23 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why I wrote:

muaythaiman wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 19:49

Note: Fury's Bluebird still holds the record on the old track. (before the chase was built)

I didn't think the z18 was pushrod?

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Thu, 24 February 2005 09:30 Go to previous message
well guess u guys havent seen the r33 running gear (engine 4wd system etc) running in a vk calais then?

looks smick.... i like it coz its different to getting a skyline
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ricer? Is it.
Next Topic:2 engines & trannys (Escudo) how did they sync them?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 17:22:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079381465911865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.