Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 900 shekels for a clutch.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 05:42 Go to next message
I got quoted 900 big ones for a supply and fit of a Heavy Duty organic clutch for my RA28. Is this reasonable?
Can anyone point me in the right direction to someone in the South West of Sydney who might be a bit cheaper? Or where can I buy just the clutch?

Muchos gracias.
Greg.
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try western clutch service... AWESOME guys.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone can sell you a clutch.
It depends what type you want.

Find out how much just for the clutch, and then you can figure out how much to install.

Being an RA28 I'd assume its a fairly quick swap, 2-3 hrs max, so at $80 an hour, $250 worth of labour.

So thats a $650 clutch.

Seems a bit exxy on the install side.

A clutch for an RA28 should be well under $400, more like $300.
so factor in another $250 for labour, and you get the total price.

Unless for course that $900 including new redline oil, flywheel machining etc etc etc.
But its still ludicrious.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at my work we generally charge $150 labour for a clutch. i know a guy who works for exedy so MAY get a heavy duty exedy clutch for cheaper, i could atleast get it for trade price. last time i was after a HD organic i got it for less than $300. im not far from you either, so if your interested, PM me. i could even do it after hours for cheaper again.
btw im the guy who cruised with you to the AGM, in the pov sprinter. Smile
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Wed, 23 February 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 20:54

at my work we generally charge $150 labour for a clutch. i know a guy who works for exedy so MAY get a heavy duty exedy clutch for cheaper, i could atleast get it for trade price. last time i was after a HD organic i got it for less than $300. im not far from you either, so if your interested, PM me. i could even do it after hours for cheaper again.
btw im the guy who cruised with you to the AGM, in the pov sprinter. Smile

I'll give you $150 to install a clutch into my ST185 Very Happy
I'll supply the clutch, bearing, flywheel and flywheel bolts you supply labour.
I'll even give you an extra $50 if you don't drive the car off the premises. Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said generally we charge $150! that price does not include GT4's! i know what a bitch they are to do.

besides i dont need to drive the car off the premises, i can get some good action in the car park Laughing

why are ppl so scared of test drives? everyone seems to think your dying to thrash their fully sick dunnydoor Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 17:41

why are ppl so scared of test drives? everyone seems to think your dying to thrash their fully sick dunnydoor Rolling Eyes

Because in 99.9% of cases, it does get thrashed.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't be worried if someone was servicing my commonwhore.
if I hand over my 1jz ma61, then yes I'm concerned.. and there are about 3 mechanics I trust with it, and only 1 I go to anymore. and he considers my car underpowered Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont reckon. ive never really felt the urge to 'thrash' a customers car.
and besides, i bet most ppl give their car a harder time than a test driver, and if they dont, atleast if they break something you can hold them responsible Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I give my car a hard time... but it's ok 'cause it's me.

think of you kicking your tyres 'cause you're pissed off, and a mechanic kicking your tyres coz he's pissed off.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 20:45

I wouldn't be worried if someone was servicing my commonwhore.
if I hand over my 1jz ma61, then yes I'm concerned.. and there are about 3 mechanics I trust with it, and only 1 I go to anymore. and he considers my car underpowered Smile

well maybe thats my deal, my daily driver has more power than the average car so skylines, XR6T's etc... just dont excite me. and i wouldnt want the consequences of trashing a customers pride and joy anyway.
zakumi
Regular

April 2004

Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey don't mean to thread jack... but I think its the same subject... is $150 to install a clutch for a ST184 an alright price?

Thanks
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Thu, 24 February 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I give my car heaps of shit, no doubt about that.
But I know its limits. I know how hard I can push the car before something may break.

Even if they break something, and they replace it, who's to say they don't do damage elsewhere.

My car will get a 3500rpm rev limit whenever I take it somewhere.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 900 shekels for a clutch. Fri, 25 February 2005 05:39 Go to previous message
zakumi, yes its a good price!

CrUZsida, i spose the deal is take your car to someone you trust, and if you dont trust them setting the rev limit is a good idea. i dont usually bother but thats me.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New Corollas - Which is the fastest model?
Next Topic:AE86 odometer readouts (how used is your car?)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 01:56:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006443977355957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.