Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Ricer? Is it.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 08:27 Go to next message
Hey
What makes a ricer? Also, what looks lame and what looks cool. Like very big things that are really noticable? Have a goood one all!
Thanks
Troy
  Send a private message to this user    
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those ghetto 'TRD' fuel covers they sell on eBay...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea, the TRD caps, nismo windscreen decals, huge T-wings on a cb lancer
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah! Fair nough, I won't buy one loL! I just bought my first rolla so I'm trying to figure out what I should stick away from Very Happy!
THanks
Troy
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
Oh and is sleeper good or bad? Cos I really dislike it, I like my car to look smooth as well as go, but its all bout the go loL!
Thanks
Troy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stay away from rice Evil or Very Mad

As for sleeper, there's nothing wrong with it. Just means the car looks stock but is a demon within Evil or Very Mad My old ae82 gze was a semi sleeper, and u get dumbasses at the lights revving the shit out of their car to prove he's a 'big man'....so u just slaughter them off the lights Very Happy
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
Oh yeah, I will DEFINATELY Stay away from Rice. except with sleepers, don't you want your car to look as good as it goes? ALso, what would be the best bang for buck engine to put in my KE55 1980 Corolla? Have a good one! Thanks for the replies!
Thanks
Troy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The whole point of having a sleeper is to keep away the po-po, keep would be theives away, and to surprise people who might not think much of your car.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are looking at it from a single prospective.. that is rice=ghey
alot of the time if done correctly and by not going overboard rice can look very decent.
there are many examples of this.

my personal opinion though, is that rice can be a waste of money..
first get the performance bits.. then start worrying about making the car look better.

also in answer to whats lame and whats not...
i'd definatly stay away from T-wings..
Autobarn roll call stickers..
neons, led washers and what not.

I dont mind a windshield sticker..
or a sticker or two on the door. thats probably as far as i'd go.

as for my car.. it wont be having any of that.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boofis wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 20:04

Hey
Oh yeah, I will DEFINATELY Stay away from Rice. except with sleepers, don't you want your car to look as good as it goes? ALso, what would be the best bang for buck engine to put in my KE55 1980 Corolla? Have a good one! Thanks for the replies!
Thanks
Troy

nah dude

a sleeper is a car that looks stock ( not hotted up and not falling apart ) but when an unwilling bogan in a commowhore pulls up next to you and revs the hell out of there fully sick auto v6, u wait for green drop the clutch and whatch there toothless bogan jaw drop as u leave them in a cloud of smokkin toyota rubber,

NOLAN
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about "pimp" or "bling"? such as: chrome bonnets? spinners? black leather seats?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with a bit of rice dude, you don't change a car so that other people will like it you change it so that you like it.
If you are more interested in a performance car then go for the performance extra's but if you prefer the looks go for those first. If you have the money and plan on doing it the performance way then I say do that first.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 21:27

Nothing wrong with a bit of rice dude, you don't change a car so that other people will like it you change it so that you like it.
If you are more interested in a performance car then go for the performance extra's but if you prefer the looks go for those first. If you have the money and plan on doing it the performance way then I say do that first.

Craig would no he is the KING of riceyness Razz

just kidding dude

we all loce the PUZZLEMAN

CHEERS

NOLAN
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do what u like man its you money

are u trying to impress people on a website or do u want to have a ride that you will like ? Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stickers, bodykits, rims and paint jobs can all be abused. Do it whole and complete. Don't put a massive and complex front bar on your car unless you match it with appropriate rims, skirts, rear bar and if needs be spoiler.

And don't kit the car out at all unless the internals match. That's just gay.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's good to start modifying from the inside out... Start under the bonnet. Then move on to the aesthetics.
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 23:20

It's good to start modifying from the inside out... Start under the bonnet. Then move on to the aesthetics.

Most people here have that attitude. But really...whats the difference? Each has it's pro's and con's. No matter what opinions fly at you..the end result should always be to do what YOU want, unless your interested in impressing a board of forum junkies!
My term of rice is, someone who will modify there car to look good to other people, and don't actually trully like what they have done, AKA..a "try-hard".
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My term of rice is the people who scour the shelves of Autobarn and buy all the shithouse stickers and add-on products that they can afford. Stuff like neon washers, altezza lights, aluminium wings and Nismo stickers are what rice is. ie: things that do nothing to improve the car but are bought because they can be.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 23:45

My term of rice is the people who scour the shelves of Autobarn and buy all the shithouse stickers and add-on products that they can afford. Stuff like neon washers, altezza lights, aluminium wings and Nismo stickers are what rice is. ie: things that do nothing to improve the car but are bought because they can be.

Indeed. And while some of these parts, in combination with many others can look good, when put on your stock shithouse commodore you just look like an idiot.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i think has already been covered here, if you want the sleeper go work on the engine, susp etc, if you want show/rice go for chrome/stickers etc.

it is your car and will always be that so do what you want.

personally i rate the street sleeper as they can whoop the ass out of any "ricer" and can also look very subtle attracting little to no attention.

it takes nothing to drive down a main street attracing attention but it takes a hell of a lot more to be able to "drive" a car properly around the track etc.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and please dont spray the bonnet black Rolling Eyes i saw this puppet today nice new lancer and he's gone and sprayed his bonnet black,,dickhead the only other mod was a monster taco that wasnt even working!! Laughing the other thing i hate is the wish list down the side of the car stickers..nismo,trust etc anyway that feels a bit better Cool
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do wat u want with it, its ur car its ur style.

wat kind of rolla is it?? if its ae82 or ae92 slam it on the floor, these cars look horny when there sitting cms away from cement
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 00:23

and please dont spray the bonnet black Rolling Eyes i saw this puppet today nice new lancer and he's gone and sprayed his bonnet black,,dickhead the only other mod was a monster taco that wasnt even working!!

exactly. Some tards think that spraying the bonnet black is as "cool" as having a carbon fibre bonnet. personally if i was changing my bonnet to a carbon fibre one, id be spraying it to match the rest of the car. i hate carbon fibre. the only thing worse than carbon fibre is those bonnets that are fake carbon fibre. usually theyre on r33 gts-t commolines.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Ricer? Is it. Wed, 23 February 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 01:26

do wat u want with it, its ur car its ur style.

wat kind of rolla is it?? if its ae82 or ae92 slam it on the floor, these cars look horny when there sitting cms away from cement

Like dude said above, do what u like!!!!!

People create 'sleepers' often cause that is what they like doing or value performance over looks (an dnot have dollars for both).

Rice is a term that is like saying how cold is cold?
If u like bright lights etc etc, go neons if its your like.
But the undebatable thoughts of a true full and through ricer are "***** makes the car go faster/more powerful/adds kw" (***** = totally asthetic mod).
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Ricer? Is it. Thu, 24 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 21:22

what about "pimp" or "bling"? such as: chrome bonnets? spinners? black leather seats?

You got something against black leather seats huh ?!
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Thu, 24 February 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RICE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
dammit i could say a thing or two but meh...

latest laugh i've had - a civic :

triple wing on back
metallic blue paint
full body kit
sticker crazy
twin exhaust
massive mags
seat far back as possible
neons all round
tinted dark black

after the civic embarrases itself Embarassed
he pulls up... what engine do you have he says?
me - its a 2tg. what engine is in the civic?
i dunno, its got an airfilter though he says Laughing

why pose when you can laugh?
- rice vs sleeper essentials

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 08:12]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Ricer? Is it. Thu, 24 February 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha rice hey! fark some ppl dont know the arse from there elbow so how they going to coment on rice or not i believe its a personal taste thing. but its things that dont do justice and are useless!

like eg. dihatsu charade turbo 4" exhaust with 7" cannon muffler with a modykit so close to the ground it will hit the road. but yet on some cars eg. a soarer or supra u can get away with it
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ricer? Is it. Thu, 24 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous message
Hi,

Some people like all the add-ons, others detest it. It's a personal choice of how the owner wants to make their car look. Your money, your car, your taste and your decisions.

However, to me, ricing isn't just the adding of non-performance items to your car - matter of fact, some additions and decals, if done tastefully, and suit the vehicle, can look good.

Moreso, it's the attitude that some people get when they add all this stuff to their vehicle. They suddenly think it's faster, meaner and nastier. If all the internals are stock, then don't try and be a show pony and drive like it's a F1 - 'cos it ain't.

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Now I know how to change camry speakers.
Next Topic:Enimen Edition Commodore
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:29:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071141719818115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.