Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dsr100
Newcomer

February 2005
4agze MR2 Exaust Modifications Thu, 24 February 2005 00:08 Go to next message
I am interested in extractors for my 1987 supercharged 4agze MR2. Opinions range from use 4age or use 4age 20v ones. Also some say there is little power gain as the standard flow well. Has anyone fitted extractor? Which ones? Any dyno gains?
  Send a private message to this user    
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: 4agze MR2 Exaust Modifications Tue, 20 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I see no one ever replied to your post (when I was searching for something...), and that maybe thats why you never wrote any more?

My answer is doing the exhaust alone can only get you in the range of 5hp so on a 4AGZE (number guestimated). Its a LOT more worthwhile whacking on a bigger crank pulley say 164mm (dont bother with a 175mm pulley unless you're going to add mist injection or a better intercooler), better intake (pod filter) and rip out all the black pastic intake tubing from the side vent to the old air filter in the boot, THEN do the exhaust and reap a total gain of 35hp (number guestimated again) or so all up.....

Cheers, Nick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze MR2 Exaust Modifications Tue, 20 September 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd still make headers for the aw11 s/c mr2 they are quite cheap in the states but im unsure if they will ship to aus. They were somewhere in the order of 450 us i think not too bad at all but nick is right focus on a pulley upgrade aswell as a cat back exhaust as you will reap good gains there. You can get a half decent mild steel cat back exhaust made up with mandrel bends for under $350.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze MR2 Exaust Modifications Tue, 20 September 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think mine came from Liverpool exhausts.

http://www.ben.foo.cc/Exhaust.jpg
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4agze MR2 Exaust Modifications Tue, 20 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous message
nick.parker wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 14:00

(dont bother with a 175mm pulley unless you're going to add mist injection or a better intercooler),

a LOT of people put 175mm crank pulley's on with the factory i/c and they run sweet.

Quote:

better intake (pod filter) and rip out all the black pastic intake tubing from the side vent to the old air filter in the boot,

if you go the pod filter route, mount it in the engine bay where you get more air flow to it than you will in the boot.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:adjustable ex cam gear vvti 1jz?
Next Topic:Strange Suspension Hopping
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:25:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034401416778564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.