Toymods » The Outhouse » retrieving data from f--ked hardrive

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Thu, 24 February 2005 10:04 Go to next message
My brother has been working pretty hard trying to retrieve data from a malfunctioned hardrive. He has all these data recovery tools. He can see the files but can not retrieve them.

Any ideas. I think the cheapest palace was 200 to recover but even then they said it maybe more..

Any connections in Sydney or ideas?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Thu, 24 February 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats your email?

will email a pdf document
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Thu, 24 February 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try badcopy pro.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we so some data recovery at work but it can be fairly time consuming and pricey.

i it is a really stuffed hard drive then data recovery services in sydney do a great job but it is serious money then.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a shop in ryde that recovers data at a reasonable price. i cant remember the name of the shop but the owner drives a drive s15 and is on the nissansilvia forums.
Joshstix may know what the name of the shop is, its around his area..?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it possible to transplant the platters from a furbard drive into a non fubard drive?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it certainly is. however you will need

1) an exact match drive. segate, maxtor, toshiba, ibm, hitachi are relativly easy. Western digital are awesome (great drives but hard to service) as even if you get the same model disk there are many many variants. and then even i you get the same varient they can often be difference mechanics inside. eg: one reads from the top of the platter one from the bottom... dont ask me why i think its nuts too.

2) a clean room. even the most minute dust particles on the platter will destroy it.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DATA RECOVERY SERVICES PTY. LTD.

Tel: 02 9810 2000
3 Grove Street, Lilyfield, NSW 2040

have used them numerous times in the past and have always been succssful. not cheap though... speak to eric.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Fri, 25 February 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried installing the drive as a secondary and transferring the data that way. always works for me
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Sat, 26 February 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could try putting it in a anti-static bag, whacking it in the freezer for a while and then hooking it up whilst its still cold, i've heard from a friend of a friend who's cousin's sister did it once (ok, i don't remember where I heard it from). Supposed to work, might want someone else to comment though.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Sat, 26 February 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sometimes the freeze trick works but not real regularly.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Sat, 26 February 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freeze trick only works sometimes but still worth a shot
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Wed, 02 March 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea that magical freezer trick

else.. lift it a metre up high on air then drop it on the concrete floor...

WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: retrieving data from f--ked hardrive Wed, 02 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous message
tilt it sideways like the playstation? Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Smoky and the Bandit
Next Topic:Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:52:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059108734130859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.