Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
praz
Occasional Poster

February 2005
punsy@hotmail.com
86-89 celica Thu, 24 February 2005 11:02 Go to next message
Hi
I am looking to get a 3rd gen celica for myself (mostly because of budget restrictions and urgency) and have tried finding out what model codes represent what cars and the grades they come in but don't really have all that much of an idea. Rolling Eyes I thought it may be better to just ask someone about what models they came in. Any help?
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
praz
Occasional Poster

February 2005
punsy@hotmail.com
Re: 86-89 celica Thu, 24 February 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah guess no one knows
jk
tis alright i guess i'll just keep reading the forums
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Thu, 24 February 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bud, u lookin at gettin an st162 ? with 3sge ? 86 to 89
praz
Occasional Poster

February 2005
punsy@hotmail.com
Re: 86-89 celica Fri, 25 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude

so yeah i saw like one with st badging on the back what does that mean, i'm pretty sure i've seen one with s as well..does anyone know what these diffrent codes mean for the st162s?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Fri, 25 February 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres some info for ya...enjoy reading.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37453&rid=5064&S=31f2065b4ae7d7f827674ad 47a61bb51
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Fri, 25 February 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 1985 Celica 3rd Gen the last of the RWD beasts. if ya lookin for something "fun" get a RA65 Razz

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Sat, 26 February 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, you left 20mins for someone to reply Rolling Eyes

but anyway, the st/sx badging in the rear windscreen is the model: st's have the 3SFE, sx's have the 3SGE
3SFE is economical engine
3SGE is performance engine

but yeah, do a search, lots of info around Smile
praz
Occasional Poster

February 2005
punsy@hotmail.com
Re: 86-89 celica Sat, 05 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for youre help peeps,
Looks like i'm gonna start looking to get a SX st162 prefreably a later year model.. i've been looking to find what options were available on the 86,87,88,89 models but havent been able to find a definative list anywhere yet.

Gonna start the serious serchin.. only got 2.5 saved in the car fund atm but am hoping to have more by the time i find a decent one. Any real quirks that I should look out for while inspecting them by myself?

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Sat, 05 March 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2nd and 3rd syncros are the only problems witht he 162's that ive come across, usualy most have rust in the sunroof and in the boot/hatch seal but if u get one thats been undercover most its life you wont have the rust problem.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 86-89 celica Sat, 05 March 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u wont find a definate list cauz im pretty sure they were all optional .. sunroof , electric windows , cruise control .. all of them have electric mirrors as far as i know
praz
Occasional Poster

February 2005
punsy@hotmail.com
Re: 86-89 celica Sat, 26 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous message
Well Well,
Unfortunately looks like i'm gonna have to relocate (read: gonna get kicked out of home) in about half a year.. making it about a year sooner than I planned to leave..
so no st165 celica for me Sad

I'm getting a kawasaki gpx250 right before i move out
(yes my folks dont want be getting a motorbike becuase but thats only one reason i'm having to leave Laughing ) which is gonna be my primary form of transport for the next year and bit until I will have enough to get a car.

On the plus side thou i'm gonna go a n/a ma70, bore it out and add bi-turbo it. Ok its gonna be obvious i want a corvette Rolling Eyes

Mind you, by this time I will be a registered mech engineering. Which to do properly i'm having to move outa home for.. well well folks enjoy your beautiful cars and i'll give ya yell from my mad 86 corona if i cya round.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nice RA on Yank Ebay
Next Topic:New member saying hi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 16:40:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049409866333008 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.