Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
screech
Regular

February 2005
Steves AE86 Sat, 05 February 2005 13:39 Go to next message
i bought this car standard in 03. it has since been painted, lowered with rims 14x7.5", 86Kw engine conversion with microtech LT 8s computer. the engine bay is detailed using many fabricated aluminium brackets and bottles for good looks. the interior has a custom dash housing 4 guages,a shift lite and a push button engine starter. OMP buckets fitted for both front seats. front bar, sideskirts, wing and custom grille with fog lites make it look different to your average 86. All the work done to this car was done at home in the garage by me. More pics are on the way.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSC00127.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSC00128.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSC00129.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSC00130.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/IMG_0395.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/IMG_0396.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/IMG_0403.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 09:18]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 05 February 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, very impressive.

i think i have seen you before, which area do you reside?

Nice work, i can always appreciate a good DIY homejob, how much power does it make and what suspension/brake setup you got?

Love it mate.

oh - T-wing???!!! Confused

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 05 February 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like hes still running drums by the photos.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 05 February 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, thanks. we have met at an 86 cruise on the old pac ages ago but the car wasnt there.

im chasing up some new HR systems coil overs from otomoto but its only got lowering springs for now, brakes still standard sprinter unfortunately

he he he yes what was i thinking about the wing, i didnt know obout the wing you have untill after i put it on

oh yeah i hang around in Wollongong hope to see you there some time
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm the front doesnt look too bad. I don't mind what youve done with the grill, but I reckon it would look better without the TRD badge.

and I dont like the rear spoiler at all!

Question though.. your rims, are your sure their 7.5" wide?

Im asking as I have the same wheels and as far as Im aware they weren't made wider than 7inch in single piece.

If they are 7.5", how much are you willing to sell them for, cause i'll buy them Smile

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like it... not many aus ae86's have gt-wings so ur unique!

im not a fan of the grill when the lights are off thou but if u like it then thats the important thing
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love ur car
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude, glad you like it
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interior is cool.
And those rims are hot.
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice. stick a ducktail under that wing, i cant remember which car i saw it on, but the japs can pull it off nicely. did you make the dash yourself?

sab
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car. do you have a turbo gemini aswell?
was in my mates gze ae86 a month or two ago and a dude in a gemini was saying that he had a purple ae86 so im assuming its you.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stevey stevey stevey, man when u finish wiring my car im going to buy u a N2 wing(duckass) cuz there aint too many ppl thats too fond of ur T style wing man, haha, i already sugested chuckin lil duck wing on under the t wing but might look a bit tacky i think. anyways lookn good man!!! especially those fatty bombattys Razz

=-craig-=
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Stevey stevey stevey, man when u finish wiring my car im going to buy u a N2 wing(duckass) cuz there aint too many ppl thats too fond of ur T style wing man, haha, i already sugested chuckin lil duck wing on under the t wing but might look a bit tacky i think. anyways lookn good man!!! especially those fatty bombattys

=-craig-=

dont listen 2 any1 ur car is perfect
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 February 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Ride. Love the Initial D Sticker Cool

Cheers
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 February 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 19:44

Quote:

Stevey stevey stevey, man when u finish wiring my car im going to buy u a N2 wing(duckass) cuz there aint too many ppl thats too fond of ur T style wing man, haha, i already sugested chuckin lil duck wing on under the t wing but might look a bit tacky i think. anyways lookn good man!!! especially those fatty bombattys

=-craig-=

dont listen 2 any1 ur car is perfect

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 08 February 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think ppl are trying to drop a hint about the wing. he he he, no worries i promise to do sometin about it

for WiLo's question, my mate owns a FJ20 turbo gemmi, perhaps it was me drivin it.

levin boi; sorry for the late answer, yes i made the dash it took me 3 days to do, i can make another to sell you if you interested?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 08 February 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car, love the wheels on it. Cant say that im a fan of the front grille though, makes your car look like a cordia!

oh and i think its time u let that wing fly away... lol Razz
Kaan
Regular

June 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 10 February 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car steve hope mine turns out ok haha
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 11 February 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a clean looking engine bay Cool

Cheers
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 12 February 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 15:58

for WiLo's question, my mate owns a FJ20 turbo gemmi, perhaps it was me drivin it.

might have been you driving it or your mate just wanting to act like he has two nice cars. did you used to own the sierra?
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 12 February 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dat dash is wicked
u gots skills bro
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 14 February 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep your hands off my car stevie, hope to see you at driftland on march 11 Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 09:36]

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 14 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo; yeah mate, did you see my old sierra with the 4 15" subz in the back? and my mates talkin about sellin the gemmi and startin an 86 project funny that, goin from a 250 Hp gem to a 100 Hp 86,

MX 73 drifter; if your in my area and see me bro ill take you for a cruise in wollongong

Nightdevil; sorry bro my hands are drawn to pieces of automotive art like your 86 project
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 14 February 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i rember the sierra. i was thinking of buying it when you had it for sale. but i didnt have the $$$. how many more of your friends want sprinters? that orange one is nice. saw him at staurt park one night doing a nice burnout in the wet. what motor does that have 20v?
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 18 February 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are a few pics of me and zach cruisin as we normally do. some may have seen the orange one before in primer with a green bonnet, yes it has a 20v

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/006_6.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/007_7.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/008_8.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/009_9.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/012_12.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/013_13.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/014_14.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 18 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the GT wings!!

dont be afraid to be different! AE86 Tuning Life!
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 18 February 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate,

tell me, when will wollongong see the mighty genuine trueno?
id be proud to cruise around together! youll turn heads guaranteed!
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 18 February 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 19:18

some may have seen the orange one before in primer with a green bonnet, yes it has a 20v

hes had that thing for ages.
i remember when i first saw it years ago i thought wtf is that thing? and always like sprinters after seeing it even though it was in primer:P
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 18 February 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as cool as it sounds he started the sprinter craze in wollongong. he took me for a drive and convinced me to sell my 4b and get a sprinter, he has had that car for about 5 years now. before he brought it out they nobody knew what a sprinter was. now they are becoming hard to find.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 February 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 00:53

screech wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 19:18

some may have seen the orange one before in primer with a green bonnet, yes it has a 20v

hes had that thing for ages.
i remember when i first saw it years ago i thought wtf is that thing? and always like sprinters after seeing it even though it was in primer:P

LOL
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Dscf0039.jpg

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 22 February 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Tue, 22 February 2005 20:20

LOL
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Dscf0039.jpg

yep them were the days when the everyone didnt flock to the gong and cause traffic problems.

night devil: when are you planning on having yours back on the road? i wanna see the thing
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man, nice 86! I love that dash, its freakin awesome! Can you do a write-up of how you made it? Do you have any pics of the process or anything? I'm heaps keen to learn how you did that!!

Alternatively i could buy one off you eh? how much would you sell them for?

Also, whats the missile switch for?
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate,
the missile switch which is labelled N2O is actually my push button engine starter, flick switch, push button and engine starts, for security the keys are still required though.

the dash took me 3 days to make, i have pics of the build somewhere but i cant find them.

there are PVC pipes holding the guages as fake cups, once these cups are mounted stisfactory styles, the dash was then covered in grill cloth (the cloth on your home stereo speakers) and coated with a layer of fibreglass, a bit of bodyfiller for shaping nice curves and then trimmed over the top in more grille cloth. this cloth is really good cause its extremely stretchy but if done right it comes up with a nice matt black seamless finish.

alternatively i can make you one for $300 depending on number and size of guages, i know a trimmer who could trim it in vynil but that will cost a little extra.

i can also make the polished aluminium cover over my spark plugs to suit RWD 86Kw 4AGE 16v engines, $50 if any one is interested.
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow thanks for the info man.. I'll get back to you about whether i'll buy one off you, i don't even have an 86 yet, but hopefully come this time next week i will do..

Did you teach yourself how to do the fibreglassing or did someone teach you or what? I really want to start getting into making custom guage pods and what not..

Anyway, i'll be in touch if i want to grab one off you..

cheers.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Doylie I found these pics. Hope this helps. Yeah i taught myself when i was working with stereo's.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Picture005.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Picture006.jpg

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guage cluster is really kewl, and the finish u got is awesome Smile

Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 24 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, thanks man! You've been super helpful! This is the stuff that makes the Toymods community so friendly Smile
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries mate, if ya ever need help ill do what i can to help. just ask nightdevil.

Guess what people, i just purchased a twin turbo setup from a soarer! im having serious arguments with myself to throw it at the 86!

who's interested in seein a 4AGTTE?
these CT-12's are in very good cond. considering their age.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0065.jpg

4AGTTE MMMWWAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAA!

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0070.jpg

ive lost the plot! Very Happy Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that for real??
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for real mate, ive been pricing products all arvo. Head gasket, fuel pressure reg, manifold, piping, cooler, etc. all up i could do this for under $5k with ppl i know.

gotta suck up to the bank for some cash though. should be ok.

ill keep every1 posted on what happens
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO IT NAOOOOOOOW !!!!

muhahaha screechie, that'd be so different, you know what you're doing so it'd be easy as piss!!

after seeing this car in real life on friday, it's a great credit to the owner and all the people that have helped to make it what it is. Absolutely mind blowing how much work and time has been put into it, really appreciate such good work!

and Steve is a top bloke, as with nightdevil, both very special owners of the ae86, speedcar, speedcar, ae86 is coming!! and is gonna be the one.....speedcar!!!!!!!! Laughing
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 23:08

DO IT NAOOOOOOOW !!!!

i second that motion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet mother of mercy, you have got to do that!!!
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Tue, 01 March 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH!!! okay then, you dont have to twist my arm off Laughing

its all good, it seems to be a unanymous response so i guess ill take on a new engine bay.

oh well i guess ill start savin bikkes to get rego out of the way first, damned RTA's impeccable timing Mad

it will be a little while before i start so please bear with me.

stay tuned for the next episode of screeches madness
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

MX 73 drifter; if your in my area and see me bro ill take you for a cruise in wollongong

nah i live in qld
i just bought a s13 silvia soon to be a onevia (180sx front sil rear)

i might be down ur way in a bit over half a year
ill be driving down
we should go for a cruise then

i like the idea of twin turbo's in a 86
do it

damn ur car is gonna be crazy when its finished

l8er steve

justin

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 11:56]

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries mate, you gonna put the SR20 or CA motor in it?
either way itll make a mad drift machine.

let us know if you comin down and we can organise things from there.

I have just put my car on a diet, it lost about 50 to 60 kilos of rear trim, seats, spare wheel and sub box. that combined with my rear strut brace has made a rather loud but well handling ride.

ill get some pics to show you guys soon.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Sun, 06 March 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im gonna go with a sr20det
im gonna try make custom gauge pod into my mx73's dash
then cover it with blue vinl

ill send u some pics of silvia
when i swap the front for a 180

l8a mate
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds mad mate, cant wait to see it.

if ya get stuck with the custom stuff, im happy to help. good luck with averything!
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm keen to see this rear strut brace!
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont want to dissapoint, but its a very simple thing. ill get some pics for you as soon as i can.

i make them in about 2 hours, a 42mm pipe welded to end plates that bolt to where the rear seat latches used to be.

this means the rear seats cant be used. im gonna make one that bolts directly over the shock stud that pokes through the body. like i said very simple, cheap but just as effective.

i made one for DRFTME with harness mounts and a vid cam mount and he likes it.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u make ur own strut braces

fark is their anything u cant do?
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm Twin Turbo on a Bigport NA with (im guessing) stock internals, unless you your going to get a GZE bottom end, good luck and i hope it last longer than it should Very Happy it would be cool to see.. you are one brave person.. and that much power, the gearbox aswell.. anyway, good luck, and god speed.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Mon, 07 March 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX 73 yeah i cant make money grow on trees, if i could i wouldn't have to do anything myself. Smile Smile

as for the twin turb setup, it will require a rebuild, this motor has had its compression lifted a bit, (not good for forced induction) i would have to use decompressing forged pistons, and some type of metal head gasket to decompress the motor enough.

im still deciding about the conversion guys, sorry Sad
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0002598.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0003641.jpg
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Steves AE86 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome
i just want 1
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Thu, 10 March 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:57

thats awesome
i just want 1

sorry mate i dont deal with holdens. Very Happy Very Happy

but when (if) we meet, ill size your car up for one
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 11 March 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goin driftin tonight at Oran.

Finally ill have some mad broadside pics to be able to post.

i told a few friends i was goin, i heard last night there would be an enterage of 'gong ppl just comin to watch me!

talk about pressure!
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Fri, 11 March 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi STEVEN

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0060.jpg

i'll post sum more when im not tired! later man
Craig Wink
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 12 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0072.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0062.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0073.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0053.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0054.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0057.jpg

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Steves AE86 Sat, 12 March 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hmmmm... maybe some sway bars should fix that savage body roll.

i thought my springs were a little harder than that.

i still had the greatest time of my life though. i got 1 vid from a mate, 20 mins worth, gettin another vid soon and ill compile it onto cd, if anyone would like a copy PM me.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Jeff's RA28 and TA23 projects
Next Topic:my 73` 4age ke25
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:35:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087997913360596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.