Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 13:36 Go to next message
I only have ever used one on Gran Turismo, however with even twice its performance on that game in real life I find it a little hard to imagine beating a AE86 w Forula Atlantic engine). Well I guess it was meant to be totaly downhill and can have gravity assist it, but still it has to partially have some grunt to get it rolling so to speak.
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spotted in melbourne CBD russell street. capucino turbo!!! vvrroooomm pppssshhtt!!!!
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 01:41

spotted in melbourne CBD russell street. capucino turbo!!! vvrroooomm pppssshhtt!!!!

DECAF plates?

when i was buying rims, this guy who was selling a set of BBS owned a cappachino... he was kind enough to take me for a ride around the block... the thing would kill anything........ in a 5m drag... but its so much of a fun car... it was silver and he lived in the CBD too

anyway on topic... in initial d... didn't hte cappa lose anyway?
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend had a Cappuccino before he bought his Soarer.

For .6 litre turbo engine making 47kw, it goes pretty well in its 700kg shell. The car was always a lot of fun. He had plans to stroke it, strengthen the internals, up the boost and add a roll cage. Would have been an awesome track car.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 02:15

b1gb3n wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 01:41

DECAF plates?

when i was buying rims, this guy who was selling a set of BBS owned a cappachino... he was kind enough to take me for a ride around the block... the thing would kill anything........ in a 5m drag... but its so much of a fun car... it was silver and he lived in the CBD too

anyway on topic... in initial d... didn't hte cappa lose anyway?

i dont think it was silver. its some light faded color, but shiny kinda paint. can tell its a good paintjob
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
each to their own

50KW in a 700KG car, or
130KW in a 1000KG car

do the maths, give me my sprinter anyday.

Ben.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the cappucino 2 wasn't that supposed to get a 2.0l turbo V8, saw it years ago in a mag i'm talking mid nineties did it ever happen Shocked
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Wed, 23 February 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a cappa in a zoom mag not long ago...this thing was beast making like 140kw at the wheels...He said a guy who owned a brand new SS ute got the suprise of his life when the cappa munched him Very Happy Very Happy
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Cappaccino 2 had a 1.6l V8 making around 250hp, from memory. It was ugly as a hatful of arseholes, but goddamn that'd be cool Smile
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took a Capuccino for a test drive a long time ago (2 yrs) ... but then I saw Takumi beat it so I bought a sprinter instead. Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, im here to put all your queries to rest.

That cappuccino you speak of with 115rwkw is my brothers. It was in zoom mag 77. Number plates " CAPGUN". It is the most powerfull one in Aus. My bro's car is now being rebuilt with even more power. The car will be fully rebuilt and in show condition. I would tell you what is being done but thats a secret Very Happy
When it was running it ran 30 psi and would pretty much chomp anything on the street mainly due to its power to weight. It sounds like nothing else, very cool to say the least.

I myself have driven his car and let me tell you......Its FUCKN MAD Very Happy

I also know of the DECAF car you speak of. This car is a shit crate. It had been in a smash before the original guy bought it. The guys mum bought him those plates.

Oh and all caps come from the factory as a 657cc twin cam 12 valve turbo with 47kw at the engine.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 05:51]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 08:54

what about the cappucino 2 wasn't that supposed to get a 2.0l turbo V8, saw it years ago in a mag i'm talking mid nineties did it ever happen Shocked

This was called the "C2"
It has a 1.6 quad cam twin turbo V8 which was good for 250bhp. It came with 16's,electric roof and weighed 800kg's.

The car never came to be but would have cost around 60k.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 05:54]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:24

I also know of the DECAF car you speak of. This car is a shit crate. It had been in a smash before the original guy bought it. The guys mum bought him those plates.

im talking about a melbourne car Razz... the owner is female
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:32

fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:24

im talking about a melbourne car Razz... the owner is female

My apologies.

But the one in Sydney is still shit Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 13:24

Oh and all caps come from the factory as a 657cc twin cam 12 valve turbo with 47kw at the wheels.

At the engine you mean Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, yeah at the engine.

Kick ass little cars Very Happy iwas thinking of building one myself but i dont think i could get it to go faster than my bro's. He has too much $$$ Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 04:19]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont under est these small cars!!!
unless they got some fat guy about 300kg sitting in it (if he'll fit)

i dont think there big person friendly!
whats the size limit u reckon?
me being 6foot 4 and 120kg whats my chances of fitting into one?

or r they more like n mx5 n if ur feet r bigger than size ten u cant fit ur feet down with the pedals properly (feel like a clown n end up crackn the shits n jumping outa the car, happened to while driving family friends car in qld)
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of my mates is just over 6 foot and weighs 110kg's and he fit in my brothers Cap.

I think they had to take the roof off to get him out Laughing

Im about 176cm and i fit in ok.

They are a very deceiving little car in more ways than one.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Thu, 24 February 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:39

Oh and all caps come from the factory as a 657cc twin cam 12 valve turbo with 47kw at the wheels.

fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 17:11

Sorry, yeah at the wheels.

Kick ass little cars Very Happy iwas thinking of building one myself but i dont think i could get it to go faster than my bro's. He has too much $$$ Sad

Hahaha, no, at the ENGINE!!!!!!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Fri, 25 February 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 04:11

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:39

fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 17:11

Sorry, yeah at the wheels.

Hahaha, no, at the ENGINE!!!!!!

All of it has been fixed now Twisted Evil

Engines,wheels........Fuck im mixed up Laughing
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Fri, 25 February 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy who used to work at AEM in Melbourne (they make Wolf3D) had a 20V turbo in a Cappucino. Engine built properly with low comp pistons and lots of other work done. I saw it while it was running but not totally finished. Not sure if it did ever get finished, but that thing would have eaten anything on the road. And still been good round the corners.

The driver was near on 6foot and said he fitted ok, but any taller would have problems.

Hen
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Fri, 25 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A cappuccino has a front rear weight balance of about 52/48 if i remember correctly. Putting a bigger engine in a cap is like putting a 1uzf in a sprinter. It stuffs up the weight balance heaps. Something which you sprinter boys would appreciate.

In japan they put 13b rotors in them for race cars. Now that would kick ass!

I have picked my brothers whole engine up once before. The gearbox can be picked up with one hand. I wish i would have measured the block when i saw it the other day. The engine would be the size of a shoebox Laughing I'll see if i can dig up a photo or two....
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cappacino vs AE86 (Initial D based) Fri, 25 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 00:35]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone know e30-323ti
Next Topic:New Corollas - Which is the fastest model?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:14:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059921741485596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.