Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
icon10.gif  Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Thu, 24 February 2005 19:49 Go to next message
Hi

I have purchase Tociko Hp shocks for my ta22, but i would also like to lower my car, i have been looking for suspension kits, but i havent found any yet.

have anyone tried to cut the coil springs? if so how much should i cut? (in rounds) i cant cut very much since my shocks is regular length, and i dont want the car very low, its bad roads here so i want good ground clearance, the tires im gonna use is 195/50/15".

any good tips on how many rounds to cut the springs, and still be able to avoid the fenders to hit the tires, and get good ground clearance?

thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Thu, 24 February 2005 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a good tip is NOT to cut the springs Very Happy

you can get lowered springs for $300 a pair/set of 4 (cant remeber its been that long)

or you can get custom made ones to your desire.

also if you want to lower the car then it would be a good idea to get RCAs made to compensate (do a search on RCAs if you dont know what they are)
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Thu, 24 February 2005 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answer

hmmm.. well actually i would like to have the suspension like it is, cuz of the bad roads and such, but im afraid it will look ugly not lowering it.

how will the car look with 195/50/15 ? will it be a big ugly gap between the fenders and the tire? or will this look ok on this car anyway?

what do people usually do? lower the springs or leave like it is?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Fri, 25 February 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you need the suspension to perform as well or better than it currently does(given poor roads in your area?) definately do not cut the springs down.
I would suggest that it should never be done anyway, but that was a long and pointless discussion in another thread with owners of another Toyota model..... Rolling Eyes
Don't just modify your car for looks or because you think it looks ugly, plenty of people on this forum believe that the Celica looks just fine thank you.
I run 205/60/15's on my RA23 and they look fine, so 195/50/15's will be OK.
We almost always to a man, save the pennies and buy a set of heavy duty lowering (not super low) springs from someone like Lovells or Kings. They lower the car between 25 - 40mm, and improve the handling immensely.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Fri, 25 February 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just cut a couple of rounds say 2 Very Happy
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Fri, 25 February 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again

thanks for ur answers

Oki, i think i will keep it like it is, and instead go with the more "amcar" look, with some tires with a higher profile on the rear, and lower in front, so i get the cars rear up, and nose down...

i also think i will go for welded/wider cressida 14 inch stealwheels, thats welded to 7,5 inch wide on the rear and 6,5 in front.

im sure this has been done before too, but how will it look, any opinions on this? any pictures too maybe?

thanks again
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Celica Ta22 and lowering the springs? Fri, 25 February 2005 04:55 Go to previous message
yeah whatever you do dont start another cut springs thread...

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 04:55]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Oil Pressure Gauge & Water cooling
Next Topic:Wastegate actuators - 10psi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:55:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076711177825928 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.