Toymods » Tech & Conversions » TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
racer98
Regular

July 2003
TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Thu, 24 February 2005 19:55 Go to next message
Hey all its been a while sicen I posted up here and I have a couple of questions.

I have a japanese spec TA27 Celica RHD and I wanted too know about suspension mods and updraged I bought a set of supposed too be lowering springs from a company in japan and it didnt drop a cm. Boy was a Pissed now my car has no rear sway bar i wanted too know who can any one recoment for a full coil over kit f/r.

I only have see photos of them but does any one know of a turbo kit for a 2tg ?????

any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Thu, 24 February 2005 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly how does it feel driving on the wrong side of the car? Laughing

there is a group buy going on at the moment for coil over kits, all you need to do is measure the outer diameter of the strut to determine which one you want. sorry but i cant seem the find the thread at the moment Confused

you cant do much to the rear other than get an adjustable panhard rod i think.

as for bolt on turbo i dont think so, there will need to be mods done to the motor in compression, custom manifolds made and piping. also custom made oil feed/return lines made as well
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Thu, 24 February 2005 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm not sure, I'll have to check my info, to see what (if any LSD) the TA27 GT ran. If it had an LSD you, I assume it would be the same as the RA25 (though not certain) and you'll need a custom rear-sway bar to go around the LSD. I got one made up on the spot by KMac for my RA25.

Sorry about all the "not sure" and "assumptions" in my reply but the TA27 is quite rare and therefore not much info on them.

Matter of fact, if it's a true JDM TA27 GT then you'd be crazy to change it. You've got a very rare car and if you keep it original then you'll have a gem that many people will admire and want to pay top dollar for.

However, if you're determined to change such a classic, then make sure you keep all the original bits that you take off so you can put them back on before you ever sell it - assuming you will sell it one day. Buy a 2TG or 18RG engine and build that up, and keep the original engine as is.

seeyuzz
river
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Fri, 25 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(Google) Search out for a Whiteline Suspension agent in your neck of the world (perhaps Josh McCain - 185 Performance) and check out Whiteline's cattle-dog, they list a few components for the TA22, TA23 and RA23/28 Celica.I have their adjustable panhard rod in the back of my RA23 and am soon to get a adj. front sway bar from them as well.
Cheers,
Mitch.
racer98
Regular

July 2003
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Fri, 25 February 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 12:03

firstly how does it feel driving on the wrong side of the car? Laughing

there is a group buy going on at the moment for coil over kits, all you need to do is measure the outer diameter of the strut to determine which one you want. sorry but i cant seem the find the thread at the moment Confused

you cant do much to the rear other than get an adjustable panhard rod i think.

as for bolt on turbo i dont think so, there will need to be mods done to the motor in compression, custom manifolds made and piping. also custom made oil feed/return lines made as well

its great damm the car has such great lines and since its a RHD TA27 there are NONE in the usa, but some RA's and TA22 but no 27's. The only prob I have with a RHD is left turning lane at a stop light Impossibile to see around those DAM AMERICAN SUV that YANKS have only 1 person driving.

yeah I was thinking the same thing on the coil overs and this is the only way too go Smile

Im really starting too lean on the Idea of a CA18DET or SR20DET now but also have a GC110 that I have too start working on too now too drive, no either car was not sold in the USA I just got lucky on importing them from japan and it was not cheap.

thanks for the reply Smile
racer98
Regular

July 2003
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Fri, 25 February 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 12:39

Hi,

I'm not sure, I'll have to check my info, to see what (if any LSD) the TA27 GT ran. If it had an LSD you, I assume it would be the same as the RA25 (though not certain) and you'll need a custom rear-sway bar to go around the LSD. I got one made up on the spot by KMac for my RA25.

Sorry about all the "not sure" and "assumptions" in my reply but the TA27 is quite rare and therefore not much info on them.

Matter of fact, if it's a true JDM TA27 GT then you'd be crazy to change it. You've got a very rare car and if you keep it original then you'll have a gem that many people will admire and want to pay top dollar for.

However, if you're determined to change such a classic, then make sure you keep all the original bits that you take off so you can put them back on before you ever sell it - assuming you will sell it one day. Buy a 2TG or 18RG engine and build that up, and keep the original engine as is.

seeyuzz
river

this is a car I will never come across again as I got it for the very good condtion it is in still has the org motor in it.
that is one of the main reasons I wanted too stick with a 2TG and turbo it. If you find out any more info on the LSD and the sway bar stuff I would like too know.
racer98
Regular

July 2003
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Fri, 25 February 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:02

(Google) Search out for a Whiteline Suspension agent in your neck of the world (perhaps Josh McCain - 185 Performance) and check out Whiteline's cattle-dog, they list a few components for the TA22, TA23 and RA23/28 Celica.I have their adjustable panhard rod in the back of my RA23 and am soon to get a adj. front sway bar from them as well.
Cheers,
Mitch.

thanks for the info but I did not get the info or the help I needed from them at the time only they wanted me too use FEDEX too buy stuff from them and I kept follwing up too see if they can mail it Aussie post, I dont know but have you ever tried too send something heave thru Fedex 2nd day international $$$$$

thanks for the info also Have the rear pan rod bar too but

will a AE86 Axle work in a TA27?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Fri, 25 February 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a bit confused by what you are trying to say here, but if you get stuck buying Whiteline gear, contact me direct by PM and I will sort it out by Australia Post mail from the east coast of this country.

The AE86 rear axle is something like 1410mm wide compared to a TA27 that is either 1280 or 1374mm wide, so you will, at a minimum, have to fit fender flares to the rear panels to cover your tyres.
racer98
Regular

July 2003
Re: TA27 Celica 2TG Suspension/Engine Sat, 26 February 2005 03:40 Go to previous message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 22:25

I'm a bit confused by what you are trying to say here, but if you get stuck buying Whiteline gear, contact me direct by PM and I will sort it out by Australia Post mail from the east coast of this country.

The AE86 rear axle is something like 1410mm wide compared to a TA27 that is either 1280 or 1374mm wide, so you will, at a minimum, have to fit fender flares to the rear panels to cover your tyres.

can you e-mail me direct: hp39091316@yahoo.com :and I would like to get some more info about some swaybars for my TA27 and also a set of Shocks B/C their is noting too crossref them in the states Smile

when I get the body work finished up and some of the metal rot removed I will post up some photos of it.

also looking for an LSD for it too Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is it the temp gauge?
Next Topic:brake pads for ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:40:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051190853118896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.