Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Fri, 25 February 2005 02:12 Go to next message
Since I've updated the car to the new dog box, the TRD/Albins close ratio gears that were in the car are now for sale.

The ratios are:

CR Ratios Standard ratios
1st 3.23 3.38
2nd 2.19 1.91
3rd 1.52 1.33
4th 1.24 .972
5th 1.0 .731

Note these gears go into the standard box using standard synchros etc....they are NOT assembled into a box.

1:1 fifth is not too good for cruising as you'd be sitting on 4000rpm odd at 110km/h.

If you could find somebody to make you a set, you'd be paying close to $3,000 for all 5 gears.

These are in good condition, but are used (not new).

Asking $1,750 for all 5 gears and shafts.

Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Wed, 09 March 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.

Can arrange for rebuild into another box.

The gear set was designed to use factory 5th for cruising, so will split 5th gear off if interested.

M
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Wed, 04 May 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm happy to accept offers...surprise me?

For those of you who do any track days, this set with 1-4th, and standard 5th, would make for a fun car.

M
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt, try dropping a post on OZCelica.com, there are some guys that would buy this, also alot of dreamers, but it is worth a shot.
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate...I'll give it a whirl.

Although, what I've seen of that doesn't fill me with too much confidence...no offence Wink

M
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well short of that, you willing to ship them overseas, cause there are alot of AutoX blokes that hang out on the alltrac.net forums.

Not to mention, this gearset could be used in a MR2 box as well? why not hit up the mr2oc forums as well. You might get a player.
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 12:05

Matt, try dropping a post on OZCelica.com, there are some guys that would buy this, also alot of dreamers, but it is worth a shot.

Nah dude, I reckon you'd never sell them on OZCelica. They are more the alloy wheels and bling bling crowd... (as you said on there Smile )

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectral wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 12:35

-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 12:05

Nah dude, I reckon you'd never sell them on OZCelica. They are more the alloy wheels and bling bling crowd... (as you said on there Smile )

I know, its the sad truth in the matter. But there are also some people on there with more money then logical sense Smile
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had thought of the OS guys...I know Justen's had some success selling stuff to them.

Anybody know the links to the MR2 one?

M
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Thu, 05 May 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.mr2oc.com
www.gt4oc.com
www.alltrac.net

just to name a few.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: ST185 close ratio gears for sale (not a complete box) Fri, 06 May 2005 07:27 Go to previous message
ALL MINE!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Many thanks Matt, look forward to using them in anger one day!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4ag in TASSIE
Next Topic:ke20 engine bolt on bits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:49:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043179988861084 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.