Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MazToy
Newcomer

June 2004
2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 00:03 Go to next message
Hi,
2 questions probably for Billzilla...

Anybody know the cam specs for the 2TG and 3TG? I'm considering replacing the stock 3TG turbo cams with the NA 2TG set assuming the specs will be a little more aggressive. Engine doesn't use a dizzy so cam drive not an issue.

Also a friend has a stuffed head on his 3T-GTEU - the 2TG will fit the block but we are wondering what the cr will be if transplanted. Does anyone have the combustion chamber cc for both so a comparison can be made?

Cheers,
(the other) Bill Sherwood
  Send a private message to this user    
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi The Other Bill Sherwood. Smile

Not sure sorry, I haven't touched a T engine in fifteen years ...
I guess just measure the lift with a dial guage and whichever one is the biggest, use that.
MazToy
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger. Valve timing is probably more the issue here, being a turbo unit. I don't have a set of 2TG cams otherwise I could dial in the lift and degree the durations myself.

Anyone have this info at hand or can point me in the direction of where to find it?

How about combustion chamber cc's?

Cheers,
Bill
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have read the 2TG head on the 3T-GTEU flows +50 hp more
with the later revision head, and +17hp more for each cam, if you use the older cams.

but I don't know.

I am VERY interested in doing this mod.
but can't find a head. (for less than $600)

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've read about this on toymods before, the info is there somewhere, you just gotta dig it up!

i know the cam duration for the carbi higher comp 2tgs are 256 degrees but AFAIK the efi versions had tamer cams
i remeber somebody saying its a good change going from 3tgte cams to carbi 2tg cams.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2TG (NA) cam specs vs 3T-GTEU and head cc's Fri, 25 February 2005 12:56 Go to previous message
I have the combustion chamber cc written somewhere for the 3T GTE - it is either 60 or 62 (damn memory Mad )

Maztoy - you are most definitely correct about the cam timing - it is impossible to compress the mixture with the intake valve still open.

If I get around to it tomorrow I will check the 3T measurement - I have checked one only 2T G head - it measured 58cc.

Cam specs were made available on a recent thread- do the search - it was not that far back.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP! G-Series/F-Series/TRD LSD T-Series centre?
Next Topic:ae86 radiators
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 12:56:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048911571502686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.