Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Thu, 16 May 2002 01:32 Go to next message
what is?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 19 May 2002 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?? I'm assuming that there isn't much difference. Thanks
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 19 May 2002 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive never heard of an RA65 Gti Sports?!?!?

Maybe some rice boy came across an unguarded Satria Gti or Cupra Sports Gti hehehehhe
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 19 May 2002 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had 1 of these....only difference is the supra "style" bodykit and cheap lookin 7" wheels.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 20 May 2002 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF??? Thats sounds like such a dodgy name. So they were just kinda like a tougher RA65 with wider wheels?

Did they have the Supra flares?
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 21 May 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They had flares but they were not as chunky as the supra`s and the rear sunshade was also smaller....Toyota didn`t make these like this and i have no idea who did......i`d put up a pic but i have no clues on how to do it on here!
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 21 May 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you may be referring to the GTS celicas that they had in America and possibly other countries. Never heard anything about GTI Sports.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats why I asked about the Supra flares because to the best of my knowledge only the GTS had flares out of the Celica range.
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd never heard of a GTI sports either, but i saw it advertised in the trading post.
Did they have mags like the supra's?
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i said toyota didn`t make these cars and there doesn`t seem to be many around either ...that`s why you`ve never heard of them!!....having said that they are not worth any more than a standard RA65.....
this is how they are..
1..all the ones i`ve seen are red
2..they have supra style flares and smaller rear sunshade
3..color coded grill and headlight covers
4.."sport" badge on LHS of grill
4..on the hatch next to the 2.4i badge is a "GTI" one and on the RHS next to the toyota badge is a "sport" one
5..they had 7" wheels ....kinda look like hotwire mags
6..GTI badge on the glovebox.
that`s it.
If you want photo proof give me your email and i`ll send you some pics
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u send it to me or post it up for everyone to see?
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that info, very detailed

my email is chrisishma@yahoo.com.au
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Wed, 22 May 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAn I have a copy too please?

cjon6306@bigpond.net.au
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 02 June 2002 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLEASE send me pics of this "GTI" - stefan@speedtoys.comThanks
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 02 June 2002 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u send some pics to maxdamage75@hotmail.com?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since everyone else seems to be getting in on it....
Draven@bigpond.net.au
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

give it up Surprised

lkhoo@hlbnsw.com.au
bunny
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, sorry to be a copy cat but that sounds interesting
any chance i could be included
mr2ma@hotmail.com
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, perhaps it would be easier to throw them up on a web site so everyone can see? Rolling
bunny
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting,........ Rolling
it seems odd that toyota would make a GTI when they made a GT RA 65 that had bigger flares and supra-like wheels
i had the thought that someone could have made this car
the flares are the same as the aftermarket celica ones
the GTI badge is the same as a pergeot (however u spellit) one
the front could be painted and the smaller wing came standard on the american MA 60 series
then again i could be completely full of crap.
if you want i can e-mail you the pic of the RA-65 GT Nod
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Mon, 03 June 2002 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... Me too please Smile Rolling honky08@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Mon, 03 June 2002 13:44]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what i could see with one up the road (Coupe) it has a similar body kit to that of the MA 6x Supra, its got small fins running up the front quater panel. It has weird wheels (after market) but i could mistake it for a fake one. But this car is an RA65 from the 2.4i badge at the back and is different to those other coupes...

I saw a RA65 Celica GT but that was a long time ago...

Hope that helps.
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bunny....you are correct in your way of thinking..Someone brought a bunch of RA65`s and just tarted them up like the one in the pic and sold them for extra $$$....I`ve seen 5 of them over the years all exactly the same as the one i had....
To all the people who i`ve sent pics to -can someone please put them up somewhere so everyone can see!!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suprav8...what sort of Supra do you have? And what sort of V8 is it?
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 running dinosaur holden 308........goes "nice" though
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, cool. I'm getting a MA61 towards the end of the year and am going for some 1UZ action. Just curious Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Tue, 04 June 2002 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bunny wrote on Mon, 03 June 2002 9:53 PM

interesting,........ Rolling
it seems odd that toyota would make a GTI when they made a GT RA 65 that had bigger flares and supra-like wheels
i had the thought that someone could have made this car
the flares are the same as the aftermarket celica ones
the GTI badge is the same as a pergeot (however u spellit) one
the front could be painted and the smaller wing came standard on the american MA 60 series
then again i could be completely full of crap.
if you want i can e-mail you the pic of the RA-65 GT Nod

It's definetly a 'made up' car. Over here, we got XTs and STs. In The US, and other markets, they got ST, GT and GTS. When you say Toyota already made a GT with supra flares & wheels, I think you mean GTS. In the US, the ST is a very-budget bottom of the range in coupe only, the GT is non-flared and the GTS has flares, wheels, nicer seats etc.If you want to see the difference, just go to www.celicas.org and look up the members' cars.

maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Thu, 06 June 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so if the st's are bottom crap in america, what is the difference between the st's and xt's here?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Thu, 06 June 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See under "other" on this page for an example of different options/equipment:
http://www.speedtoys.com/~oldmage/misc.htm

From memory, the ST is coupe only, has no options, even less guages on the dash, maybee not A/C, lesser stereo, steel wheels, no EFI depending on year. Check the specs list to find out for sure.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sun, 09 June 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would but the links don't work in the web page
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Difference between RA65 and RA65 Gti Sports Sat, 15 June 2002 02:45 Go to previous message
Links should be fixed now. Try it again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Project 2JZ - an update
Next Topic:Anyone done a 4agze into a ke10?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 12:45:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061638355255127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.