Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Do people actually sell anything on these forums?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Pube
Regular

May 2002
icon13.gif  Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 13:15 Go to next message

Is the toymods forum full of tyre kickers?[ 80 vote(s) ]
1.YES this forum is full of tyre kickers that want something for nothing 40 / 50%
2.No i have had much success when i have advertised. 40 / 50%

I have been on these forums for a few years now. I may not contribute much, probably because my knowledge is not broard enough. But, I have advertised many items in the 'for sale' section of these forums and have had no succces at all!! I have found that there are way too many tyre kickers on these forums. I have bought a few items myself but when it comes to selling, no one seems genuine. Does anyone else think that there are too many people on these forums that want soemthing for nothing?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 13:17]

Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bought stuff
sold stuff
and I've kicked tyres Confused
I still say full of tyre kickers!
dazza
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pube wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 00:15

I have been on these forums for a few years now. I may not contribute much, probably because my knowledge is not broard enough. But, I have advertised many items in the 'for sale' section of these forums and have had no succces at all!! I have found that there are way too many tyre kickers on these forums. I have bought a few items myself but when it comes to selling, no one seems genuine. Does anyone else think that there are too many people on these forums that want soemthing for nothing?

also it is usualy the same people that reply to the ads ( oh just what im looking for pitty i dont have the money though , good luck with the sale anyway ) Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 13:37]

Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pube wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 00:15

nah dude, im sure a fair but of stuff gets sold..just keep bumping the item up untill some1 comes along and goes SHIT I NEED THAT

i sold my damaged front bumper bar in no time, less than a week for 100 bucks,

be persistant.. g/l with sale

CHEERS

NOLAN
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all purchases from here have been good - 99.9% of sellers are reputable Smile

sales id have liked to have got more for stuff that has gone - but thems the breaks - toymods members are not millionaires
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've bought more than i've sold.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Fri, 25 February 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've bought and sold a fair bit of stuff. I am also holding things for people at the moment. And I trust that they will come though in the end.
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have bought and sold heeps of stuff on here, i wouldnt be anywhere near as far with my car if it wasnt for what iv bought on here
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive sold a fair bit of stuff here but at the end of the day there would have to be more tyre kickers than genuine interest.

To many post whores saying " Good luck with the sale " or " if i had the money i would buy it "

Im done now Laughing
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i've bought and sold a few items. Sold a halfcut in 4 days for the price I wanted Cool

Other than that I think the smaller items tend to take a while (unless you price them VERY cheap) & even then people still expect you to knock a few dollars off the price. Cars for sale - forget it! In my opinion you're better off using carsales or the trading post.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id buy that for a dollar ..

but i wont get paid till tuesday - would you sell it for 85 cents instead ?

Oh - i see your in NSW , if only you were in melb - maybe id buy it for 85 cents ...

good luck with your sale! I wish mine was like yours!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

icon6.gif  Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll let you know if I sell anything if my cressida sells Smile

First item up for sale so we're on a clean slate so far.

Cool
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i rekon these forums are great for selling stuff though u do get the occasional tyre kickers, my brother (SetMeFree) and i have sold:
1 corolla seca 20v
SIR53X rolla
1 hyundai excel
1 lancer GSR
1 Gemini (JUI51Y)

all cars were sold in less then a month...... however them tyre kickers deserve to be burnt.

but with parts, it sucks........
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many tyre kickers and "please send pics" on the forums. However it is better to send off a few emails for no response than to have the trading post brand of f**kwits who say they're coming and never do, or claim they're "just looking around at the moment mate". Selling stuff is a pain in the arse!

I got a result after a couple of months persistance and price drops - however the forums are probably one of the few places where the majority of people know the value of something you are selling, rather than the trading post "oh it's a turbo - sick!!" style.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive sold heaps of stuff on here. Also bought stuff too, only had one dodgy item i purchased Neutral
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sat, 26 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sold heaps, best to maybe list stuff you want and would trade for if you need anything too. Someone may have what you want and vise versa but neither of you advertise cause of the tyries
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sun, 27 February 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please send pics to:

gotnocash@tyrekicker.withnocar.com.au

Razz

seriously though, i've bought & sold a fair bit through the more reputable Toymodders.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sun, 27 February 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh it can be a bit frustrating,but when isnt it when trying to sell somthing..there are heaps of tyre kickers but I have bought everything for my missus car including the original car from here and it will be running for under 1000 bucks Shocked so i guess ive had more success buying rather then selling...one thing that i would never sell though, is a car on this forum,,i cannot understand how a ta22 with running 3tgteu LSD and straight rust free body cant get 4500 Rolling Eyes
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sun, 27 February 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be cool to have a tyrekicker policy on the for sale section...
i.e. only post a reply to a sale if you have something relevant to say and are genuinly interested in purchasing.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sun, 27 February 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just sold around $3000 worth of stuff on these forums in the past couple of months and i have to say it hasnt been too bad, with some tyre kickers, but you get that with a for sale section i guess. Honestly tho, the for sale section here is a dream compared to nissansilvia.com, I had my GTR Turbos there for sale and i received over a dozen PM's containing questions and offers, i actually accepted two of the offers, and no one got back too me, so the offers were made, accepted and then not followed up on , complete and utter waste of time...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Sun, 27 February 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got parts off hear when a had a minor accident in my car, new bumper and indicator saved over 150 bucks compared to what the wreckers wanted
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I've bought and sold stuff but yeah everyone wants a bargain so usually I lose *alot* of money when I sell stuff on here compared to if I advertised it in the trading post etc.

Bar one occasion (which I have learnt alot about people from) all trades have gone really smoothly and without any incident.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you find that it is the same tyre kickers all the time, look at the car for sales section, you'll find a pattern.
a) as soon as something is advertised a core group will post pics
B) an Ae86 is advertsied for sale. the thread will be bombarded with posts on how its a bargain/rip of, my boyfriends uncle's cousins got one for sale much better than that or just general comments on how cool it would be too own this sprinter by 15 yr old that can't drive yet but like to masturbate over initial D
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^

thats a little rough...

rough but true Razz Laughing
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive found it to be pretty good. But like anywhere, you do get quite a few tyre kickers. Most people are genuine, and ive founda all the sales that did go through were done with ease, and good communication.

Good place to buy and sell, and find parts you wouldnt elsewhere.

But yeh, pisses me off when the same people post replies for cars for sale, those people know who they are.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats spot on Corona Laughing
eg : http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60350&start=0&rid=1935&S=567b51526f1 21c0d4173073f4b35c47b

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't forget I wish you were in melbourne, brisbane etc for ppl from other states
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Do people actually sell anything on these forums? Mon, 28 February 2005 10:03 Go to previous message
I almost bought a car from the forums, unfortunately my finance fell through Crying or Very Sad . Had the deal gone through, it would've been a painless procedure.

I can see how a lot of people would get aggrevated though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:D1GP Qualifying results and Pics!!
Next Topic:Painting wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:58:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071480274200439 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.