Toymods » Tech & Conversions » help for my 18r i'am new en forum

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tonyfunes
Newcomer

February 2005

icon14.gif  help for my 18r i'am new en forum Thu, 24 February 2005 21:36 Go to next message
I can install the overhead of 18rg in 18r in order to do it twin cam?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 17:17]

Send a private message to this user    
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Thu, 24 February 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure u could but the bottom end of an 18r would be alot less weaker than the bottom end of an 18rg. there is possibly some other little differences that other people on this site wil know about.

Cheers, Calvin
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Thu, 24 February 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valve clearance is an issue -> need to 'shim' (?is that the right term?)

and there is an oil breather hole or something like that on an 18rg block that isn't on an 18r block *apparently*

There's a hole heap more - if I remember I'll ask the person who rebuilt my 18rg (I know they had a few issues with it).
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Fri, 25 February 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a lot different. Oil pump, Dipstick location, Pistons, Timing gear, Auxiliary Shaft, Distributor location, etc etc...

You are better off finding an 18RG, there are always ones for sale in the forums. Will be a hell of a lot cheaper too!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Fri, 25 February 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only reason u'd use an 18rc bottom end is if u'd thrown rods out of your block and needed a replacement bottom end quickly of if u wanted boooooooooost, as using an 18rc bottom end drops the comp
tonyfunes
Newcomer

February 2005

Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Fri, 25 February 2005 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello friends,

what desire is to do DOCH my SOCH block 18r
tonyfunes
Newcomer

February 2005

Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Fri, 25 February 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi, my car es Compression Ratio 8.5:1.
as I can incremantar it?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: the overhead of 18rg in 18r Sat, 26 February 2005 00:20 Go to previous message
you have to swap over nearly everything bolted to an 18RG block to make the SOHC 18R into an DOHC 18RG

so you'll need an an 18RG to start with - in which case, why not just rebuild the 18RG,

but... seeing as you're in central america, you might find 18RG in short supply?

(not knowing what car this is going into) have you considered a 21 or 22R engine or an EFI version of one of them? both are supposed to be easily obainable in nth america - not so sure about central/southern america.

cheers and good luck,
Charles
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OBD-2 connector location in Starlet?
Next Topic:Delco info and 3T-GTEU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 17:04:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050981044769287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.