Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Fri, 25 February 2005 23:17 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

My front pads are nearly worn out, rears are still OK, but with all the driving I like to do it's time to get some better pads than the Bendix normal pads I am using at the moment.

Has anybody fitted the TRD pads to their standard SW20 callipers? I'm guessing they fit as the TRD website doesn't specify a TRD brake upgrade to use the pads, but you never know...

They are about $160 a pair, just looking for comments/feedback on the TRD line, one would expect them to be good, and their working temp is very high.
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrith toyota have these in stock.

i was ther today and noticed them on the shelf.

Nathan
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope they're not too harsh on the rotors Smile also i had some hi po pads on my corolla that once you got them to temp were great and no fade even after repeated 120km/h to 0 stops but the drive to work in the morning felt like i had no brake booster! $160 a pair is alot of cash, i used ferodo zeros in the corolla and they were $35 a pair Smile. i havent had to change the pads in my sw20 yet i think its got ebc green stuff pads in there and its got slotted DBA rotors, dont know how much the green stuff costs but its feels like a good combination, good grip in the morning drive and also quite good when i give it a bit of a run thru the hills.

if you get the trd pads, let me know how you go with em, i dont think i'd pay that much but if they are *really* good i might get a set and use them when i go to the track.

Cheers
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nathan, I will have to give them a ring next week when I get paid Smile
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just bought a set of EBC green stuff fronts for mine. they are still at home and probably will be fitted soon.

these were $150ish with a 20% discount at autobarn.

I have driven an mr2 with EBC greens and reckon it felt good, hence why i went with them over $100 bendix ultimates.

i have the bendix's on the rear currently.

I'd also be keen to know what the TRD ones are like
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, so I'm the guinea pig then... Smile Soon as I get paid I'll go and get that set from Penrith Toyota and get the fitted and let you know how they go Smile
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no probs alchemist... i remember cause i had to stop myself laughing $165 for brake pads BWAHAHA!

*Yes i'm a tight arse!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$160 for brake pads is cheap, start looking at the price of some serious brake pads and you'll fall over..

$30 el cheapo's are just that.
lmt79
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sat, 26 February 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i been using TRD rear brakes and rb comp 9 (one step higher the rb74) front pads.

i would never use trd pads again.. its great for normal use but any hard driving and it will shit itself.

i had rear pad fade in 10mins where my fronts were still going hard.
its not worth it where u can easily get something better.

price was
$150 trd
comp 9 were $190.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sun, 27 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got some plans for some trackwork once I get my strut bar fitted, coilovers on. I think I'll give the TRD's a go as from other sources of information there was more good said than bad.

Thanks for the feedback lmt79, if they truely do suck I'll look into the comp 9's.
lmt79
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: TRD Brake Pads on SW20 Sun, 27 February 2005 00:38 Go to previous message
well. its not tat bad.. comparing to others on the market, its pretty good.. its a bit better then stock pads really..

it all depends how hard you drive. i do a bit of track work so its not really suitable for me.. i'm aussming ur n/a? then it would be ok. i pulling a bit too much power, and need to stop in time.

Tho, have a look out of the rb74.. everyone thinks its really good. the comp 9 are very harsh so, unless u dont mind warming them up, the noise and brake dust.. its the best i used ..
comparing to bendix, ebc, trd, toms.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NEED HELP ASAP ! re: Parklights
Next Topic:5ME to 5MGE Swap
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 12:49:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045969486236572 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.