Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
icon5.gif  WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sat, 29 January 2005 01:15 Go to next message
Hi, need a Supra or at least most of the body of one to complete the restoration of the race car. Basically we need a RHF wing, front bumper and valance, all the body side mouldings and arches, bonnet, doors, and rear bumper, so I figure it is easier to buy a whole car which isn't going. Mechanical and interior condition unimportant, doesn't even matter if it doesn't have any. Failing that, anyone know of any Supras in wrecking yards in Brisbane that are straight?

John
Toowoomba
  Send a private message to this user    
bigvince
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sun, 30 January 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got one for you,
complete car
its going for 1100 as is, but make an offer since you will ahve to get it shipped to QLD, from melbourne.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=522716&rid=6090&S=ceeae6c60724ed82dc1e 7fea1d7d78d5
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sun, 30 January 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is another in your town that also races MA61,s by the name of craig.

Have you spoken to him about your needs?
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Mon, 31 January 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vince, your car sounds exactly what I am after, but $700 to get it shipped up here makes it too much. Hopefully I can find one a bit closer to home.

John
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump. Still looking!

John
Jamois
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I dont have a car for you. I'm just a big fan of the xa6x and was wondering where you race and in what class etc.
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamois, we have Peter Williamson's old Group A Supra, but we haven't raced it yet - in fact starting it a month or so ago was the first time it has run for at least 6 years. Still have a fair way to go before we race it, but when we do it will be in most of the historic events up here, Mt Cotton and Noosa hillclimbs, the Historics at QR, Leyburn, Speed on Tweed etc. We also have Terry Finnigan's/Bob Williamson's old Group C Gemini which won its class at Bathurst in 1979 and 1980, and we race that at various events up here while we are restoring the Supra. The Supra is going back to its 1986 Bathurst orange colour, which means a complete strip and repaint as it is in its 1987 colour (white).

John
Jamois
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's excellent. It will be good to see an A6 at the noosa hill climb. I was disappointed I didn't see one there last year, I wanted to take my RA65 up there!
I've never heard anything about the Mt. Cotton Hill climb. When is that on? Also didn't know about the historic races at QR. Only the ones at Lakeside. Are there many A6's racing?
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mt Cotton is down south of Brisbane near Cornubia. QR historics (Willowbank) are on first weekend in August from memory this year, hopefully Group A will be there for the first time (Terry? Some Corollas perhaps?). There is only one Group A MA61 in Australia, it raced from 1984 to 1987 before being sold to New Zealand, but obviously it came back here a while ago. There are photos of some of the other Group A MA61s on the site here somewhere, do a search. TRD had 7 built by Hughes of Beaconsfield in England, but as far as I am aware, mine is the only one left although there is possibly another in England. There is a guy here in Toowoomba who rallies MA61s and there are some others racing around the place. Hopefully we will get Lakeside back for historic racing at some stage, would be good to race there.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Wed, 16 February 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And when you complete the restoration and race the car, I beleive some photos would be in order to please the fans Very Happy
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
icon11.gif  Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Fri, 25 February 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump. Ok, there obviously aren't any in SE Queensland, happy to travel a reasonable distance to pick one up (read Sydney or in between). Someone must have a project they aren't ever going to get to!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Fri, 25 February 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, i just remembered - Toyota Auto Recycler (38 Neon St, Sumner park) had a ma61 with rear-end damage and the usual stacking damage.

it had got a decent hit in the rear end.

cheers,
charles
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sat, 26 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ART Racing wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 18:49

Bump. Ok, there obviously aren't any in SE Queensland, happy to travel a reasonable distance to pick one up (read Sydney or in between). Someone must have a project they aren't ever going to get to!

As i told you before,i have 3 MA61's.

2 are race cars and the other a daily driver.

The daily driver will be up for sale in the very near future.

It is currently up on the hoist so i can give it a full once over and the hatch is 90% finished as is the shell.

I was going to fully rebuild the motor before i sold it but if your going to replace it then that may not be necessary.

Did you manage to contact craig?

Could craig not help?

Keep in touch.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 10:36]

yellow ma61
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sat, 26 February 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
im new to the site but yeah supras r bloody hard to find in qld
cause i been lookin for 1 to do my car up
i need bloody indicators
but i rember there is sum guy called Jeremy he lives at fairfield he is sellin a supra and hes apart of this site but i cant find him in these forums
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sat, 26 February 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl,

Bits I am after are:

Body, esp front bumper area (air dam, bumper, lights etc), bonnet, all the body mouldings including the wheel arches and black waist mouldings, front LH guard, RH door, poss LH door, rear bumper

Diff, prop shaft and half shafts

Rear brakes

Internal panels around the luggage area and the rear seats

Clutch master cyl and slave cyl

Radiator

Dash top

Nothing else on a standard Supra will fit my car, so I am not interested in a working engine, gearbox, electrics (apart from the headlight lift motors), seats, instruments, hatch (mine is perfect), fuel system, rear panels etc. If your project car is good in the areas I need, what do you want for it?

Haven't got in touch with Craig as I haven't been in Toowoomba for a while (working in Canberra) but his rally car looks brilliant so I will be visiting!

John

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sat, 26 February 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His name is Norbie.
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB: MA61 Supra SE Queensland Sun, 27 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous message
ART Racing wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 22:58

If your project car is good in the areas I need, what do you want for it?

Its not a project car.

Its a daily driven fully registered MA61.

Tis on the hoist because when i sell a car i sell it in tip top nick....aka, not rust,no leaks,completely roadworthy by the book.

Will be after aroung the 3 mark when done.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI: 1987 AE82 Toyota Corolla Hatch (White) QLD
Next Topic:FS: 2001/2002 Camry V6 Toureg Auto
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:42:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069530010223389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.