Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
icon3.gif  Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 15:55 Go to next message
Who here has suffered from the good old DEFECT???

the only true way for cops to fuck everyone up.....
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fix your car and you won't get them Razz
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 04:01

fix your car and you won't get them Razz

fixing the car isnt just the issue. i can give you instances where cops have defected brand new factory cars.

if they want to be cunts then they WILL be cunts
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coming from a guy with chopped springs, stripped interior, dicey paint job and a locked diff.... I can't imagine why you would get a defect! Rolling Eyes

sounds like you probably copped a reasonable defect, but everyone has heard of someone who got defected for empty washer bottle and other similar "offences"
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was defected with my old car (R.I.P Sad ), for not enough tread, coz i was too broke after the conversion to gze, although they didnt notice it Laughing

Was gonna get it all engineered on the friday, but she was written off on the wednesday of that week Crying or Very Sad
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Defects Thu, 24 February 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old TA22 was defected for 98db exhaust and when I argued with him, I was threatened with further defects for oversized wheels and undersized steering wheel Mad

One guy even made a comment "this is a pretty nice car mate, she's in good nic",. and then they defected me,..

fair enough
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Defects Fri, 25 February 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was defected in a friends ST162 which he was fixing up after someone else's accident damage, and it was complete and standard and only missing the front grille......

I was told its a pedestrian hazard in the event of an accident.

He then tried to tell me I should remove the (std Toyota) strut brace before it goes to the pits for re-inspection.....
SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: Defects Fri, 25 February 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the funny thing is that i havent been defected yet....

the main reason i havent been is becoz i only drive in groups of cars and we all have 2ways to report on cop activity ahead or behind...
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Defects Fri, 25 February 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my wise other half has.......

after showing off at a certain macca's lol now BUT then

Sad Sad Sad Sad
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got my exhaust done today, 2 1/4 inch catback with no resonator and a small cannon muffler at the back. im just waiting to get defected Razz
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SLY-T18 wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 14:36

well the funny thing is that i havent been defected yet....

the main reason i havent been is becoz i only drive in groups of cars and we all have 2ways to report on cop activity ahead or behind...

do you have to call your friends when you need to duck down the road for milk and bread?
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(irrelevent story) my sis is on her red p's, and she ran a red light with a cop right behind her, so he pulls her over, haha she got out of it coz she cried. pfft, imagine a guy doin that!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No i fid if you dont have your P plates on the car you dont get picked on as much (havent been on ps for 3 years) when i was on my P's police and defects were just a normal every weekend occurance.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Witzl got "excess movement in drivers side door hinge" amongst other things when he got red stickered in the pimpmobile last easter!
We thought the whole thing was pretty f'cked up seeing as they defected it on thursday so there was no way he could do anything about it until at least tuesday!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Defects Sat, 26 February 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe witzl shouldnt drive such a heap of rubbish on the road!

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 22:52]

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard off the cops defecting a car for not having the "unleaded fuel only" sticker inside the fuel cap. They must have been desperete.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering what the deal is with those ricey pedals. i've heard that they are illegal if they don't have any rubber on them or something to grip, but the new clio sports pedals are just stainless/alloy and have no such thing?????

i'm confused.

oh yeah and whats the deal with cracks/stonechips in front windshields?
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been defected a fair bit with all my old cars (especially gemini's). might i add a engineers cert. is worth nothing to the police!!!

SIR53X rolla had engineers for
* Ride height
* 17inch wheels
* Recaro seats
and a list of others but the mainly got me for the 3 on occassional stops
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only defected once for smooth tyres. Broke 17 year old pizza boy Sad

Hopefully the only thing they could possibly do me for now is exhuast, unless they're not very nice people and start checking things like wiper washer bottles.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last year going to the Summernats, I got pulled over by the RTA & cops doing the "check every thing that comes in to Canberra for for the Nats thing". well they went around mine and tried several things (window tint,wide wheels,engine) but they missed out, so they picked on the only thing they could, I used amber reflectors on the rear instead of red.
I think the fact that I called then a pack of cnuts might have something to do with it.
Like fade-e said "if they want to be cunts they will be cunts"
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Defects Sun, 27 February 2005 09:20 Go to previous message
I got pulled over once for sitting in a turning lane, but putting on my indicator after i had come to a stop, they then breathalysed me and i was fine so they started going over my car instead.. they were going to defect me on height of car, bald tyres, tinted tail lights and something else..... although i cant remeber what the last one was... I just played dumb.. the car is registered in my fathers name and at the time i had a W.A license, so i just said i had just moved over and the car has just been brought for me... and besides... how would i know how to lower a car? and the tail lights are tinted? i thought they just came like that ! and bald tyres? who me?

silly bastards.. let me off everything and spent a few minutes apologising for wasting my time.... Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 09:21]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Attacked by my own body - Discuss
Next Topic:Think I might get meself one of these.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:49:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057108402252197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.