Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 05:10 Go to next message
thinking about getting one with pokemon and some of the DS games

anyone heard good/bad things?
  Send a private message to this user    
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a waste of money to me. They look like something that would bananas in japan. What with all the pokemon and all.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I wouldn't buy one.

I saw a demo of one a couple of weeks ago with metroid on it, and I didn't like how it split some of the scenes in half over both screens. It's cool how the bottom screen is a touch screen though, but yea, I prefer just one screen gaming and I think the PSP will shit all over it for sure. Heck, I'd prefer a gamegear. Smile Even a neo geo pocket. Oh man I have to get me one of those.....
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have one but, so far I haven't heard anything bad from the new DS system. Though the dual screen thing seems like a pointless feature to me, I recently saw a whole bunch of vids from IGN and Gamespot to prove otherwise O_O

Basically the only really bad thing about the system would be it's size and bulkiness. Also the competition with the PSP would prove to be a huge deciding factor IMO. Though the PSP is racked with features galore, I've heard that there's been a design flaw in the "square" botton sensitivity with it being soo close to the lcd screen.

But back to topic, I'd surely get one if i had the cash to blow on portable gaming. Hell some of the games in the lineup seem soo fun. If I were to get one, the first game I'd get would be Wario Ware DS, I've been hooked on that game since the GBA to the GC >_<

My 2c.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats wario ware??
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heard nothing but good words about em... the dual screen is quite handy but can be redundant on some games... mario its just a map and metriod is the same

they sold out in japan almost right away and had to make another 200,000 units at a very short notice to suit demand, also gaining mass popularity in the UK

good news is that online play is comming soon also

i won't be buying one allthough it would be fun, i just don't see much appeal in hand held gaming, remember seeing old guys playing game boys 10 years ago on the train? it was a wank then and it still is...

would be fun for those long flights thou, but i'd rather save my money for a sony viao which is only a little bigger and i can play any game i like on that...

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 08:26]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its also $3800 more expensive

lol

i just wanna play pokemon Very Happy
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 16:02

whats wario ware??

You serious? It's like the craziest jap game ever made >_<

Anyhoo here's a link to IGN's review on Wario Ware for the DS:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/587/587217p1.html?fromi nt=1

But yeah, Pokemon dash looks like fun too. U apparently use the touch screen to steer Pikachu around the map.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Fri, 25 February 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a DS already. Only problem so far was that it had a dead pixel in the top screen, went and exchanged it for another...simple.

However don't think of it as another Game Boy. It is much a personal organiser that plays games (although you can't enter dates or reminder messages)

I was surprised at how heavy it was when I first picked it up, but it certainly feels solid and durable.

Games are now on a flash card instead of a cartridge (similar in size to olympus digital camera cards)and just feels a lot better than a cartridge.

Picto chat is very cool. Possibly the best feature of the system. (haven't been able to use it yet due to no one else having a DS....yet)

Also I thought $200 was a good price for this system. Compared to overseas where it was a bit more expensive.

As for the PSP, all the features like movies + music are a nice touch and the big screen is great too (a little too big for my liking) but drop it once and the screen is almost guaranteed to get scratched (seeing as it occupies a fair bit of space) The PSP battery only lasting 4 hours is a bit of a shit ( and I think it lasts even less when playing movies)

Anyway the DS is a sign nintendo is growing up. Ads for the system feature adults using them only...not a spotty little shit in sight!
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sat, 26 February 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate works at place called eb games, n he said there not really that bad. but the game selection could be a little better. he said it was like play ps2 on a small lcd screen (but mind u he's facinated by ne thing)
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sat, 26 February 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PSP is fantastic. Brother has had one for a month already. Plays movies, stores photos, obviously plays games (he's only got the latest Ridge Racer incarnation). Gaming is damn sweet. All the usual controls, dual shock (from memory) and the best LCD screen I've ever seen (widescreen too).
Dunno when it'll hit Australia, but compared to Nintendos latest offerings, I'll say now that I think it'll kill them when it's released (not that I have anything against Nintendo, we have virtually all of their consoles scattered through the house somewhere).
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sat, 26 February 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 01:26

However don't think of it as another Game Boy. It is much a personal organiser that plays games (although you can't enter dates or reminder messages)

How can it be a personal organiser and yet you can't enter dates or reminder messages ???? WTF !

Sounds like an outer suburban foxy-moron if you ask me....!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sun, 27 February 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i played my friend's PSP and it definately will shit all over the DS.

He got his from japan for 250 bucks, it's rumoured it'll sell for over 400 here.

Has shitloads of features, but it's a bit big. Wait for the PSP.

-Jay
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sun, 27 February 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look out a DS vs PSP arguement Laughing

I bought a DS , eagerly awaiting mario kart DS and some form of zelda game.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Sun, 27 February 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The DS seems ok, i havent tested it much tho. The split screen feature isnt great when it splits one image over both screens, this is because the two screens a a fair while apart. The main use for the second screen is for aiming/maps/radar in games, for this it is good.

To me the DS is too large, too chunky. The price of $200 rrp is reasonable, but a smaller version will be released im sure. Also the better games will start at $65, this is too much imo.

My advice is to wait for PSP, and make a decision then.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Tue, 01 March 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard a MAJOR problem with the PSP is that it whilst it has great graphics, biggish screen and uses disks -- this is it's downfall. Apparently the battery doesn't last too long.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Nintendo DS - Whos Got one? Discuss Tue, 01 March 2005 14:09 Go to previous message
ra23celica wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 22:22

74gt wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 01:26

How can it be a personal organiser and yet you can't enter dates or reminder messages ???? WTF !

Sounds like an outer suburban foxy-moron if you ask me....!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol...umm...(scratches head)...its a personal organiser for those with lots of time and no committments.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:retrieving data from f--ked hardrive
Next Topic:What football code do you follow / prefer?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:17:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076231956481934 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.