Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 08:15 Go to next message
It seems that finding a second hand 2JZGE Manual Bellhousing is going to be damn near impossible Sad Sad Sad Sad

and the price from toyota put more than a frown on my face at $515 with a three week wait, and thats friggen trade price Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I think the only option i have is to have my 1GGTE bellhousing modified to fit a JZ series motor, i have a couple of questions when doing this:

A: Is it possible to modifiy a 1GGTE bellhousing to fit onto a JZ series motor, i.e. will all the right bits line up, i.e. starter motor, clutch fork, etc etc

B: Has anyone done it, what did it cost, would it be less hassle to just bite the bullet and pay the $500 odd dollars for the bellhousing?

C: would it be possible to use and auto 2JZ or 1JZ bellhousing and modifiy that to fit my W58 then make provision for the clutch fork and slave mount?

p.s. What engine mounts are the same as a 1JZ as i simply cannot afford the $350 per side for brand spankers ones Sad (would a certain australian made car have identical or similar mounts to possibly save on some costs?)

p.p.s. yes i searched...

p.p.p.s. R154 is not an option as it is not available and i cannot afford one even if it were...damn i hate money and my lack thereof Sad

Too many frowns in this post, please help me turn them upsidedown...
  Send a private message to this user    
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen many 1jz complete manual conversion kits (box, clutch, all lines and pedals,tail shaft, ecu) go on jap yahoo auctions for reasonable prices
not near as much as they r here

its very possible to pick one up for good price and get it put in a container for a littler fee to the person bringing over container, ie when nakedterror on supraforums brings containers over

give it a thought

i think if u gotta spend money making a w58 work, might as well put a little extra in for r154

ROss
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy the bellhousing.

I paid $380 for one and $575 for another, it also came with a JZA80 w58.

They turn up every now and then.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rossco, i already have the tailshaft, the slave cylinder, the master and pedals are on hold for me and i already have the gearbox, all i need to get are a bellhousing and a clutch as the engine is already manual, the clutch isnt a worry as i can get one of them 7 days a week from adelaide clutch services, i simply cant afford the other $2K on top of the engine for the R154, i really wish i could.

Getting one from japan isnt really an option either as its a 6 week wait and i might as well just go for the 3 week wait on the toyota bellhousing, i would really like to get the slut running for the G1 comp.

BlackSupra, you wouldnt want to sell me one of the bellhousings anychance would you?

where did you get one for $380? second hand or from toyota?

could someone also answer my other questions? if you have the knowledge please share as it would really help me out Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His $380 is from Toyota.

Your only options are to
A) source a 2jzge bellhousing.
B) Buy a new 2jzge bellhousing, or
C) cut and shunt the JZ auto bellhousing with a W58 bellhousing. This could be expensive, and time consuming.

Go for B) if you can't get A). C) is teh ghey.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did he get one for $380 from toyota????!!!

if i can get one for that price i will order one tomorrow!!!!

I am gonna try and ring every import and toyota wrecker in australia tomorrow, if that is to no avail i might try and get the first 30mm of the auto bellhousing grafted onto my 1G bellhousing, as cruz said tho, will cost a bucketload i reckon Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was the cost back then.

Toyota puts their prices up every month.

You know those shifter bushes for the W58?
In november I paid $26 for the shifter bushes, NOT trade
then in february I paid $29 TRADE

TGP teh suck!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Sun, 27 February 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get a 1JZ - W58 bellhousing from dellow automotive.

Dont know how youll go mounting your slave cylinder to it though.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slave is a generic one and only cost me $29 so im not really fussed if i have to buy something else Smile

whats the prices like on dellow bellhousings?
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Give them a call!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 10:53

Quote:

Give them a call!

Done Very Happy

waiting on fax Wink
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Dellow bellhousing is 495. For a paltry 20 more you get the real thing which is better made, lower profile so you can get to the top bolts easily and you don't have to deal with that company.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was just going to say, I got the fax and I would much rather get the toyota one, the wait is the same time, and at least I know the toyota one will actually fit for sure, i have heard some shifty things about dellow bellhousings.

GT you wouldnt have a spare one i could buy do you?

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Dellow one you can have for 300.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plain bellhousing? i still need the clutch fork right? and what side is the slave mount on?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 19:15

C: would it be possible to use and auto 2JZ or 1JZ bellhousing and modifiy that to fit my W58 then make provision for the clutch fork and slave mount?

I have seen this done in a Zoom article, it looked hard, complex and annoying Smile

Oh and another Sad for buying a dellow bellhousing is that the clutch slave is on the drivers side (as opposed to the passenger side for the toyota version), which means you will need to re-route the hard clutch line, somewhat annoying but not really a big deal. (unless dellow provides two versions of the JZ bellhousing?)

Cheers
Wilbo
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona Mk2 slave cylinder bolts straight up and it is on the passenger side (not included).
I had the ball pivot modified to take an MA61 fork, but in retrospect I would make it take a 2JZGE/W58 fork ($60 brand new from Toyota).
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok I will probably take it off you, how hard is it to get the clutch fork modified to fit the slave?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bolt slave up. Cut actuator rod (use a short length of 10 or 12 mm steel rod) to correct length.

PM me your email addy and I will send some pics.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 22:42

BlackSupra, you wouldnt want to sell me one of the bellhousings anychance would you?

where did you get one for $380? second hand or from toyota?

trade from toyota...... first one to be purchased new outside of Japan and 'only' took 3 months to get here..... i guess they have caught on to their use since then.

Sorry no spare ones.

You haven't mentioned if you have a 2jzge flywheel yet either?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got told by the clutch place they can match up my flywheel with a clutch to fit my W58 using the flywheel that comes with my motor.

is this not correct?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the 1JZ is 8bolt flywheel, then no.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 23:15

I got told by the clutch place they can match up my flywheel with a clutch to fit my W58 using the flywheel that comes with my motor.

is this not correct?

Yeah mate no worrys she'll fit just file out the holes a bit Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assuming your getting a 1JZ that came with a manual trans in the first place the W58 and r154 flywheels are different.

else the majority of 1JZ engine packages you will see have a flex plate not a flywheel.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess its probably a good thing i found this out now..

I hadnt seen the engine with the R154 that is sold to someone else taken off so I didnt know and then going on the information from the clutch place, well its clear that they are rather ignorant.

Can i use any other flywheel apart from a 2JZGE one?

i.e. with the 1G i had the option of a 3TGTE Flywheel, is there anything i can use with this one?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the R154 is a "pull clutch" and has a much thicker flywheel

ed and i had some 2JZ flywheels made up i cant remember if he used one on his 7M-GE

i know for sure the 7M-GE and 2JZ-GE clutches are the same (friction area wise) but cant remember if the flywheels are.

my flywheel was sold to blacksupra he might have a spare for sale.

and yeah that clutch place wants to sell u a clutch that is all.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info rob Smile

does anyone know if the 7MGE flywheel will bolt up to the 1J?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do the engine mounts look like ? anyone got a pictures or a measurement ?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam it looks like I will be getting some with the engine w00t!!! saves me a lot of cash Very Happy

But i reckon i might take them in the repco or sprints before i put the motor in and find out what is the same Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to the Repco and check the Mackays Automotive Bushes catalogue......at the front are some generic cushion mounts that may be suitable.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Mon, 28 February 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers GT Smile

hey have you had a chance to email off those photos?

im pretty keen for the bellhousing as long as the question i asked via PM was correct.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M series flywheels bolt to M series motors. Nothing else.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the only flywheel i can use is the 2JZGE one Sad

farken
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you get an email from the US concering a bellhousing?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but i think im gonna get that dellow one from GT, sounds like an alright deal to me even if i have to sacrifice on quality a little.

Thanks for hooking that one up tho.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The flywheel ed had made up was for the 2jzge, he said it was identical in every aspect to a 7m one, except for the number of bolts holding it onto the crank!

So no, a 7mge flywheel although idnetical in size wont bolt on.

If you want to use a w58 behind your 1jz, then it will have to be a 2jzge flywheel, then you will also need starter motor from a 2jzge as well Smile

If you're putting a 1jz into a *z20 soarer, why not use a r154, the tranny tunnels are designed for it and by the sounds of it, you will already have the flywheel and starter motor for it...

And before you ask....no i don't have a spare flywheel.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad

thanks for the info, it was most helpful, painful to hear but helpful...

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 09:16]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have a problem sourcing a flywheel, I can have a chromemoly 2JZGE one made for you for $400. 6.5 kg.

Sorry about no pics....currently working nightshift.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 20:23

currently working nightshift.

thats no excuse just meens you have all day Very Happy
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glen you do not need a 2JZ-GE starter motor, your flywheel is the same as nathans and he has a 1JZ-GTE starter
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there u go

learn something new every day
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah we thought we had to get one until we put it all together.

all good
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 19:53

If you have a problem sourcing a flywheel, I can have a chromemoly 2JZGE one made for you for $400. 6.5 kg.

Sorry about no pics....currently working nightshift.

yeah no worries, whenever you can that would be great Smile

the modified MA61 clutch fork tho can i use that with the 1J? If i do i need an MA61 thrust bearing...is this correct?

Excellent news about the starter Smile

GT you wouldnt have a normal flywheel would you?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually Ed has my spare flywheel, and it's not for sale.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so only the chromoly one huh Sad
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont u try advertising on a holden/ford forum.....because when they ripp 'em off the W58 that they are going to chuck in their pieces of shit tonners etc. then they put their dellow 351 --> W58 bellhousing on and they most probably just throw the JZ --->W58 bellhousing in the bin Confused

then they would be unaware of price/rareity of them Very Happy

not sure if this would work but just simply a suggestion

brett
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They would all be using the R or M bellhousings.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's pretty unlikely they're paying 2-3 times as much for a 2JZ box just to throw the valuable part away.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough, point taken

brett
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Fitting W58 behind 1JZ and engine mount questions...please help.... Tue, 01 March 2005 14:52 Go to previous message
yeah brett the lads have a point, besides most of the commodore bogans I know with 57's and 58's behind thier cars get them out of RA60's and MA70 supras, sadly they dont usually buy the 2JZ ones as they are rare and hella expensive Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:major updates to www.my-acoustic.com
Next Topic:sealing Air Bypass Valve
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:40:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099010467529297 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.