Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What Car Would You Never Modify ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 09:37 Go to next message
Before I saw this site ... the RA65 .. butt ugly .. Razz

Contenders include

The mighty Excel
4dr Ford Lasers (KE/KF) (I have one of these by the way)

Feel free to chip in

Disclaimer: I don't mean which cars you think are just shit in general, but just un do-up-able ...
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A ford torus *spelling*
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lancers,mirages, Hyundas or however u spell it, uummmmm protons, their shit as well , daihatsues or however u spell it their gay as well, lasers,
79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMONWHORES!!! Mad Mad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 21:11

lancers,mirages...

disagree .. evo motors, evo kits these cars can look good
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79Rona wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 21:22

COMONWHORES!!! Mad Mad

yep bogandores are definalty up there...well i would neva buy one for a start...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lancers,mirages, Hyundas or however u spell it, uummmmm protons, their shit as well , daihatsues or however u spell it their gay as well, lasers,

What about Lancer GSRs or Lancer Evo's?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pagani zonda c12 s

Very Happy
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 21:37

lancers,mirages...

ditto, evo engines make slow car go vewry very fast Very Happy

NOLAN
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 22:42

Les wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 21:37

lancers,mirages...

ditto, evo engines make slow car go vewry very fast Very Happy

NOLAN

im only defending them because i used to own one .. muahhahaha Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first thought when I saw the thread title was 2000GT. Wouldn't dream of touching, but since it's crap not doables.

Mitsubishi colt
Daewoo Matiz
P76
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lada's , Saab's , mgf's , Any car from korea , Any car from Russia eg moscoviches { there all alloy so good for recycling }
Any early mazda especially with pistons , and the series 1 rx7 if you plan to drive it above 160k's .
Cortina's with six cylinder engine's which should never have been released as per the leaked ford engineer reports years later .
Maybe Sigma's and Magna's since pick a part is full of them now .
Four cylinder commodore's which used more fuel than a six cylinder ones .
Maserati's every model especially 3200gt's with a 1958 based engine block , one cambelt to stretch every 15.000klm after trying to move 32 valves , and turbo's to pop the headgaskets before the cambelt needs changing .
I will end there as the list could get very long . Laughing
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A BMW E46 318i poverty pack.

Why people why , end my suffering of having to work on these abominations.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 22:46

My first thought when I saw the thread title was 2000GT. Wouldn't dream of touching, but since it's crap not doables.

Mitsubishi colt
Daewoo Matiz
P76

aahah those leylands are quality cars Very Happy

NOLAN
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd modify a P76 if I owned one. They're in the "so ugly it's cool" category, just like a T18. Very Happy
subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Non turbo cordia (in the process of making one supercharged not pretty)

x3 excel as you need to remove half the dash to get the head unit out (x1's and x2's can be quite fast with a 4g63)

anything desighned in australia (sorry but our car makers are very far behind in the technoligy title{xr6 turbo excluded})
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'd never modify a pure JDM GT Classic Celica. They look cool enough and are rare enough to be left as they were built.

Same with almost any other classic car - such as Ferrari Dino and Daytonas, Mercedes gull-wing (1950's model, I forget the actual model number), Ford Shelby Mustangs, GTHO Phase-3, E-type Jags (especially the V12) - and D-type models also.

The list can get quite long when you start to think about the many old classics that should be left as they were.

Fortunately, most of these classics are left untouched. Probably because the owners had the money to initially afford them and the maturity to know their worth, and the respect to keep them as original and as pristine as possible.

Still, I'm sure there's the odd dunderclump out there who's done some wikid and fully sik mods to their rare classic - thinking it's now way-cool, but in reality they've advertised themselves as "major dickhead" to the classic car fraternity. Smile

seeyuzz
river
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something classic like a 440 'cuda... I'd maybe put wheels on it...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think wheels are okay. Nice wheels often make a car look that much better, and so long as you have the original wheels you can always put them back on. Even lowering the suspension is okay so long as you have the original springs and can put them back in if you need to sell to a purist or for original-condition car shows. I suppose there's a few other small things that you could change, but they'd have to be in such a way that the original parts could be put back on quickly.

But, maybe, as usual, I'm off on a tangent and talking about great classics one would not modify, as opposed to shitcan cars that are as common as muck and don't deserve the expenditure of modding.

seeyuzz
river
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mazda 121 "bubble". I saw one with a bonnet scoop once and laughed myself silly Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A SAAB
they are poo in general and soooooooo complicated and confusing
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota 2000 gt
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any small korean car, really small jap cars, ie echo, etc, small car like barinas etc, not worth it, or classics ie 2000gt.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id defenitly modify a p76! you can fit a 44gal drum in the boot what else could you ever want!!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a guy who owns 10 p76's
He's had around 60
They have THE biggest boot he said if i ever needed to borrow one i could.
Imagine how many cartons could fit in the back of one of those

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 23:11]

gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 23:44

I'd modify a P76 if I owned one. They're in the "so ugly it's cool" category, just like a T18. Very Happy

Laughing
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Sun, 27 February 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd never modify the Hillman Imp or the Vauxhaull Viva.

Cheers, Greg.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would modify anything - although every car currently in my possession is totally stock Sad I was thinking that I would never modify a Lotus Exige, but then I realised that they could probably use more power....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cars i wouldn't modify I wouldn't by anyway, unless it was a classic but even then i can't see me owning them anyway
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 08:36

Mazda 121 "bubble". I saw one with a bonnet scoop once and laughed myself silly Laughing

a friend of mine had one of these but the fun top bubble shape, looked really cool was painted in a chamelion color with gold 17s looked heaps cute Razz
SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would never do-up a sprinter ever since i have seen initial d...
it isnt the same...

as for T-18's...they arent that bad
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
85 swift/barina
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't modify any old classic car, or anything small/medium korean car.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldnt bare to change anything on a 440 Cuda or an E49 or any other classic muscle. ( unless I owned 2 )

Wouldnt bother with all the above mentioned cars. Actually Ill just say what I want to say and get abused for it. I wouldnt modify any front wheel drive. Just my opinion. ( mini excluded )
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A camira - they are just wrong - and should be sent to wrecking yards for mass squishiage
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all korean cars are teh gay...

celicas with type R stickers, ppl will think its already done up.. Laughing

them shitty 2 door lancers with playboy sticker what the fat ugly skanky bitches drive...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2000GT
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 22:57

Lada's

Oi! Razz I actually want to get a Lada Niva and put some work into it, call me foolish but I love those crazy Russian machines. They go hard on the beach, I know that much Very Happy.

I wouldn't do up an NA JZA80, NA silvia, basically any NA car that also exists in turbo (not counting AW11's, 4a-ge or -gze are both good)
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would modify anything... im a tweaker by nature.

As for cars i wouldnt bother doing up, first one i think of is an RA40 Confused
Very hard to improve what is the worst looking Celica ever (sorry Bluewire).

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 15:50]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 18:30

A camira - they are just wrong - and should be sent to wrecking yards for mass squishiage

Fair Call

nobody should do up a poor mans commodore
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't lay a hand on a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani etc. etc. - They're too "right" the way they rolled off the production line. Maybe a set of wheels, but even that can't be improved upon with some cars - e.g. how phreakin HOT does the F360 Stradale look on teh massif BBS multi-spoke rims? Cool Porsche 911's I'd go to town on though, coz there's just so many tuners in Europe who know how to do it properly, with class up the wazooo. Evil or Very Mad

Since the original aim of the thread was to make fun of cheap/slow/ugly cars, I'd never even look sideways at tweaking a 1975-1995 Falcon. Barges should be on the sea, not roads ! ! !

Actually, I've read that most late-model Ferraris sound really strangled with the standard exhaust and intake tract, So I s'pose I'd be forced to go aftermarket air box + filter, plus extractors & exorszzt. -Guess that means any car other than Barge-spec Falcons are in need of modding! (some just need more work than others).
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disagree I'd mod a ferrari, but I wouldn't buy one to exy for what they are, performance per dollar is much better with a lamborghini, I'd send it to koenigg and get him to fit a twin turbo setup pronto Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 22:46

yeah thats my thoughts... i wouldn't modify a porsche i don't reckon... Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres mod and then theres mods though, working the original engine for a bit more power is very different to a transplant turbo conversion etc, i would find no prob, say putting new exhaust, cams, ecu/better carbies on a classic as I see it improving an already good car, but bastradising and turning it into something it was never supposed to be would be another thing.
A car I would leave completely original though would be a 300sl, damn cannon ball run2 fitting one with a 350 chev and crashing it.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt modify this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/kleemen.jpg

Caus it already is Very Happy

But seriously I wouldnt bother doing up any current model car,with the exceptions of rex,200's and the XR6T,all the rest are pang! Toyotas included Embarassed cause everything is fukken fwd or a family car and fukken ugly, and when you do them up you just look like a tryhard fastnfurious wanabee...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiZ_ wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 23:18

Did you know that they sell a 518i?!?!?!? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 23:20]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 10:20

DiZ_ wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 23:18

Did you know that they sell a 518i?!?!?!? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Are you SURE ? ! ? ! ? ! I thought teh 2.5L 6cyl was bottom-rung 5 series?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 11:07

Lada's

Oi! Razz I actually want to get a Lada Niva and put some work into it, call me foolish but I love those crazy Russian machines. They go hard on the beach, I know that much Very Happy.

I wouldn't do up an NA JZA80, NA silvia, basically any NA car that also exists in turbo (not counting AW11's, 4a-ge or -gze are both good)

Man i wouldn't last five minutes next to salt water , just look at the early FIAT's / ALFA's those stupid fools sold Lada the pressings for there early cars in return for top quility Russia steel . Look how long those cars lasted Laughing My friend has a Lada 4x4 on there proberty next to Lake Eldon , because the lake is so low for the passed years . There use the Lada for the walk up and down which is a killer . The Lada used to have doors etc , which remand there for a year i think till the rust got so bad that the hinge areas pulled out . Yes now it does look like a beach buggy i guess .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bottom of the line is 520i
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=bmw+518i
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.bmw.com.au/indexframe.asp
according to this u can only get a 525I in aus but thats the new model, i think the 520 was the lowest that came into aus
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never mentioned Australia. Wink
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Mon, 28 February 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont mock ladas!
http://members.tiscali.fi/sft/vaz.ba3.Burnistaaaa. .Lada_=).wmv

and 518 BMW's are very common here in Finland. There are also 520, 523 and 535's.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.mccarthycars.co.uk/bmw/599086.jpg
They USED to make a 518i, in a bodyshell the same size as a new 3-series.

The 525i is now bottom of the line.
http://www.bmw.com.au/indexframe.asp

Quote:

6 speed automatic transmission only.
Engine: . . . . . . . 525i
Cylinders: . . . . . . 6
Valves: . . . . . . . 24
Capacity: . . . . . . 2494 cc
Maximum Power: . . . 141 kW / 192 bhp / 6000 rpm
Maximum Torque: . . . . 245 Nm / 3500 rpm

Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
520 is the bottom line model!
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 10:31

peeack wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 11:07

Lada's

Man i wouldn't last five minutes next to salt water , just look at the early FIAT's / ALFA's those stupid fools sold Lada the pressings for there early cars in return for top quility Russia steel . Look how long those cars lasted Laughing My friend has a Lada 4x4 on there proberty next to Lake Eldon , because the lake is so low for the passed years . There use the Lada for the walk up and down which is a killer . The Lada used to have doors etc , which remand there for a year i think till the rust got so bad that the hinge areas pulled out . Yes now it does look like a beach buggy i guess .

I know what they're like, My dad used to have one, carved up the beach, when the gearbox wasn't falling appart. Or when he wasn't patching up the fist sized rust holes with selly's nogaps Very Happy
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Gemini

nuff said.
jiraiya
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So ugly that its cool - I love my RA65 Smile

I wouldnt go near any commodore or falcon with a 10 foot pole. Same with small hatches - excels, swifts, barinas.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*shudders*

http://www.suv.com/pontiac/aztekred.jpg

I beleive this is exactly what your talking about...

http://www.digimods.co.uk/images/Virtualcarimages/cars/Renaultcliosedan.jpg
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What Car Would You Never Modify ? Tue, 01 March 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 00:47

2000GT

That's what I was gonna say! Very Happy

Though, truth be told, it would be fun to give the clasic look/style a bit of 90's performance (nothing radical, just make it a practical and fun driver). I suppose that makes my Lotto Dream to find a 2000GT that's ALREADY been screwed with. Then I could go to work on it with a clean conscience. Rolling Eyes

As for "Crappy Car You Would Never Modify?", like Gemini, Commadore, 121 etc. .... why WOULDN'T you want to modify one? God knows, they need it!

Think, Project Stealth Turd: Looks like a chopped-spring Gemini Boganmobile, but with suspension and power courtesy of a nimble Toyota sports car, like the MR2. Shocked
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best place for halfcuts
Next Topic:Corolla upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:19:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092740058898926 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.