Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sat, 26 February 2005 14:38 Go to next message
last night i went to a big dyno night in Melbourne. Huge turnout of cars (mainly nissan) but some other stuff too.

Anyhow I dyno'd my NA SW20 for the first time ever and it pulled 95.4kw. (sounded pretty sweet i might add). Also note my engine has 208,000 kms on it without any reco work.

It has a unifilter airbox element and cat back exhaust as it's only current performance mods.

i wasn't too disappointed in this despite aiming for 100.

Of interesting comparison was a sweet white AE86 with a 20V 4AGE. It had the quad throttles exposed and socks on em. It pulled 87kw and sounded HORN. Sounded even better when it took off down the street.

I thought you might just like to know this info as it's an interesting comparison of a 1.6 that is pretty much at it's realistic peak and a 2L thats about mid range for that engine's performance (talking gen 1 3sge through to BEAMS type 3SGE).

Scariest thing was this.... a DC5 Integra with allegedly only exhaust and pod filter pulled.......... 150kw!!!

Guys with 200sx trubos and 14 pounds of boost weren't pulling quite that much!

I am still yet to confirm 100% that this is all the Honda had but either way i was really impressed!

I got the dyno boys to check my reading and tell me about my state of tune. They reckon mid range i was spot on (lamda of around 13) and top end i was very safely rich. With a different engine management they said a fair bit of extra could be extracted.

Send a private message to this user    
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sat, 26 February 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A stock DC5 makes ~110fwkw, for those mods 150fwkw is bullshit IMO

It would have to atleast have ECU and flywheels mods to make anywhere near that
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sat, 26 February 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like I said, i don't know for certain but i will try to get to the bottom of this amazing result.

I do KNOW that with good tuning and engine management and relatively minor mods these bloody hondas can pull some serious power for an n.a of their capacity.

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sat, 26 February 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well from the Dyno Day Yesterday heres a result from a UK import mr2 .

Forum : Techie On the Move
Name : ?
Car : sw20 Euro Spec
Engine : 3sge
Power : 138.5hp

And the white 20v is way more powerful than any other 20v around these parts , apart from maybe Mr Motecs black top one .

Here is a mildly modded 2zz , i think he had a apex fc , exhaust etc .

Forum : Toymods
Name: Mat
Car: 2000 Celica
Engine: 2zz
Power: 157.7hp 117.6kw , 154.5hp 115.2kw

We didn't have many Honda's turn up , well not as many that where going to come . All canceled due to mechanical issue , those dc2 intergra's normally pull 143hp atw , those engine's with a few mods normally pull some big numbers for the engine size . The euro's dynoed yesterday had lots of strange differences .

Forum : Oz Honda
name : yfin
Car : Euro
Engine : K24
Power: 135.6hp 101.1kw

name: euro77
car: Euro STD manual
Engine: K24A
Power : 160.80hp 119.9kw

Why the difference , one is driven harder than the other maybe . Also there have a very interesting ecu , it self adapts to the driving style used . The most powerful euro had feathered tyres in 19.000k's so i guess it must work . The mapping of these newer honda engines is very different to most cars , the air fuel ratio at throttle levels to pass euro 3 regulations is very lean .

Then as soon as the rpm or throttle percentage is above the required level the air fuel drops to very rich levels to protect the engine . But there no fuel smoke from the exhaust pointed out by race engineer which was there , so there cylinder combustion must be spot on .

Also another strange ecu function is the way the mapping is controlled by the vehicle speed and which gear is used . Basically the car is mapped more powerful in the lower gears than the over protected top gears . Looking at the rules for n/a engine a/f ratio if you could just change that function in the mapping those euro's would have had maybe 200hp at the wheels not bad for a stock production engine .

Yes there along way ahead of most manufactures in the n/a engine design .
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made 94.5KW from my 3S-GE with similar mods to yours. My car has just ticked over 150K Kms.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

DC5 Integra with allegedly only exhaust and pod filter pulled.......... 150kw

Have to be running a Hondata or some kind of ECU mod with a good exhaust system, Very possible...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 20V made 94.9rwkw, but on a different dyno, who knows? It might have made 50rwkw, or 300rwkw!

Those Type R's are certainly impressive though. I remember my first drive in one and was blown away, and even moreso when we took it to Wakefield with some semi's on it. It's the only FWD I'd ever own.

Interesting info on the Euro engine Adam. I wonder how hard it would be to convert to RWD! Evil or Very Mad Razz
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a new integra make 140kw at the wheels at the MRC Dyno Day last year. It sounded awesome.
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was this the one on a saturday ? i dont remember any teggy making that much, more info on the car please Smile
yfin
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Sun, 27 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 10:52

The euro's dynoed yesterday had lots of strange differences .

name : yfin
Car : Euro
Engine : K24
Power: 135.6hp 101.1kw

name: euro77
car: Euro STD manual
Engine: K24A
Power : 160.80hp 119.9kw

Why the difference , one is driven harder than the other maybe . Also there have a very interesting ecu , it self adapts to the driving style used . The most powerful euro had feathered tyres in 19.000k's so i guess it must work . The mapping of these newer honda engines is very different to most cars , the air fuel ratio at throttle levels to pass euro 3 regulations is very lean .

Then as soon as the rpm or throttle percentage is above the required level the air fuel drops to very rich levels to protect the engine . But there no fuel smoke from the exhaust pointed out by race engineer which was there , so there cylinder combustion must be spot on .

Also another strange ecu function is the way the mapping is controlled by the vehicle speed and which gear is used . Basically the car is mapped more powerful in the lower gears than the over protected top gears . Looking at the rules for n/a engine a/f ratio if you could just change that function in the mapping those euro's would have had maybe 200hp at the wheels not bad for a stock production engine .

Yes there along way ahead of most manufactures in the n/a engine design .

Hey improvedae86 - interesting comments about the euros. Mine got the 119.9 (not euro77)- and I got 120.1 on the last run. I am not 100% sure about the adaptive ECU - I have heard words to that effect but I am not sure - Honda doesn't publicise this sort of info. The drive by wire throttle does do some strange things in this car - some days it feels REALLY powerful - other days it is just "so so" if you know what I mean.

EuroAccord13 on Ozhonda has got some good results by tapping into the ECU with a VAFC II and cutting out fuel from the mixture. His car makes much more power than mine.

Oh yeah - and thanks for noticing my feathered tyres!

I saw your sr20det on the dyno - my goodness - that thing must be a rocket on the road!

Cheers
yfin
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Interesting Dyno results for my car and a 20V 4age AE86 Mon, 28 February 2005 06:11 Go to previous message
i know James (mr Hondata in australia) quite well and he was telling me about all the stuff written into honda ECUs and i was amazed!

like fuel maps for forced induction up to stupid boost levels etc etc

being able to change the vtec cam lobe change point to lower rpm is cool too.

Last time i spoke to him (2 weeks ago) he was trying to organise to do a tune with his Hondata on Motor or Wheel's magazine's new integra type S
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20% off vouchers - Supercheap & Autobarn
Next Topic:Hello Everyone
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:08:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055129528045654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.