Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
icon4.gif  Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 10:58 Go to next message
ok i know this is a stupid thinkg to do but friday i had my engine changed fron an rc auto to an rg and we had a problem that when we took out the rc the kickdown cable got caught in the chain block without us knowing and pulled tha s*%t out of it and now it wont go into gear, needs to be reved hard to go forward and even harder in reverse is their anyway to fix this easly? thank you for the help as i need the car back to get to work.
P.S. have a spare incase to put in tho not sure if torque converters are same
  Send a private message to this user    
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably need to take pan off auto to change cable. Alternately make up mechanical link al la crown/corona. Not much else can be done.

Actually mechanical link is only if the cable doesn'r pass into the housing but goes to a lever. I actually went from mech to cable (bicycle brake cable) in a 5mge conversion in crown bolted to the mech lever.
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 11:55 Go to previous message
the main problem is thati think is had done some damage to it because i had it dissconnected beforehand and so when it was caught we cut it and pulled it out stupid i know and the end is inside the gearbox no lever
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!!
Next Topic:Wolf3d... what u guys think about them...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 16:32:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042769908905029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.