Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:13 Go to next message
Ok bare with me i'm not great at explaining things but here goes. i have a JDM 4AGE in a aus spec sprinter. I just got something fixed the other day (ECU wiring) and since the car has been running like a dream. Today i got back from work had a shower to go out again (to mates house) i start up the car and wtf its idling at 2000rpm!!!. I got a mate over and we searched at the point we take out the pod and intake pipe so we can see the throttle body. we start up the car and i can hear or leak or sumsort. If you know your 4AGE intakes theres a hole which sucks air and i guess goes into the intake to be combusted but yeah we covered it up with my finger and bang my car is running normal again (like it usually does) now all i ask is what is this little hole!!!. My mechanic friend said i have no choke as its been by passed in the wiring so i dunno what it could be . plus why did it happen all of a sudden, did the previous owner put something in it to block it off (i doubt it its sucks hard for a tiny hole, or is there a valve that opens and closes and all of a sudden its stuck open . Please help its annoying listening to a car idle so hard! THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a similar problem.
86kw 4AGE 16v running a JDM 96kw ECU. It idles at 2000rpm, to warm up. But it takes a while...
subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
Re: Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the pipe run to the top of your tapet cover? if it does its for your oil blow back check the pipe that connects it to the plenum chamber if this is leaking the computer will sense a leak and try to compensate although on mine it didn't idle higher but much too low.
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah i used a cable tie to see where the hole leads to, it seems to go down further and i guess make its way to the intake (so basically its sucking air and cant be stopped as it has no trottle butterfly to block the flow of air) So yeah thanks anyway for the help
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it still idle at 2k when its warm?
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: Help me, idling at 2000rpm!!! Sun, 27 February 2005 13:44 Go to previous message
Well it was pretty much warm when i started it up (just got bac from work, had shower back out again) plus the mechanic said the choke has been bypassed so it doesnt work at all and starting it up when cold will be a bitch (and i already know that)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Headgasket Goo Q.
Next Topic:Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:41:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049920082092285 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.