Toymods » Cruises and Events » Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sat, 26 February 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 23:55

yeah Team Ibis sucked hard tonight

Hell yeah..... Dunno wtf happened. None of us could get the rhythm going and WTF was the deal with the CHRONIC understeer we were all getting?! I was winding on full lock and getting nothing - just going straight, until it would bite and just spin me around. SO FRUSTRATING.

On behalf of Team Dirty Ibis, I would like to say last night was a write-off and an embarassment and truly frustrating for all of us. I just got the shits by the end of it and parked my car!

To make matters worse, Beau Yates comes out and starts pulling pre-apex slides from halfway up the straight!!! Mind-blowing driver. I think he blew another engine though.

Team D.I.D. will be back next time hopefully in regular form.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sat, 26 February 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 13:19

To make matters worse, Beau Yates comes out and starts pulling pre-apex slides from halfway up the straight!!! Mind-blowing driver. I think he blew another engine though.

man, hes is so fucking good... Sad

but you will blow engines when you run 15psi into a std ae111 and the only was you lowered the compression was with 2 1mm headgaskets

DODGY!!! but he still rocks hard Wink
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will correct you, he was running 7psi with 102rwkw and standard head gasket.
not 100% on what head gasket but looked normal 1.0mm or 1.6mm head gasket, definately wasnt 2.0mm.
and yeah you are right ae86slut he is a mindblowing driver especially when he was hammering out from under the bridge side to side at very high speeds(does any one know exactly how quick he was going at the part of the track?)
its a very awesome ae86 its a shame the night ended early for beau.
ohwell theres next time i spose.

cheers
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hell yeah..... Dunno wtf happened. None of us could get the rhythm going and WTF was the deal with the CHRONIC understeer we were all getting?! I was winding on full lock and getting nothing - just going straight, until it would bite and just spin me around. SO FRUSTRATING.

That's what happens with dodgy lockers No No No I cant wait to get my two-way put in.

It was great to meet you guys in the flesh, understeer seemed to be a common theme that night even James (in the widebody 180 with the blue stickers) was having trouble.

Beau said on Friday night he thought it was a blown head gasket, I forgot to ask him about it when I saw him today because he was drifting the sti.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 14:11]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SLY16V wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 00:21

i will correct you, he was running 7psi with 102rwkw and standard head gasket.
not 100% on what head gasket but looked normal 1.0mm or 1.6mm head gasket, definately wasnt 2.0mm.

i see i see
i hear the words 15psi and 2 standard gaskets being thrown around his car at the pits at drift nats.. but that was ages ago
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 01:10

That's what happens with dodgy lockers No No No I cant wait to get my two-way put in.

It was great to meet you guys in the flesh, understeer seemed to be a common theme that night even James (in the widebody 180 with the blue stickers) was having trouble.

Beau said on Friday night he thought it was a blown head gasket, I forgot to ask him about it when I saw him today because he was drifting the sti.

woahhhh
pics of the events??
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 01:10

My car has never had a locker in it. I put a 2-way in it before I even ever drove it! IMO it's something that should be fitted even before an engine conversion.

So how did Beau go with the sti anyways?
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Was so good to get back out to the track, even if i was just a spectator, gotta love a bunch of 86s' running around a track!!

Can't wait for two weeks! Any one got more pics from the nite? Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*takes a panadol*

you can say that again about the locked diff, my one is giving me a headache from the constant noises its making on the freeway Confused

Well i think for me, i'll be on the sidelines for a while, car is going off the road for several weeks, but hopefully when i get back on the track, it'll have a 2way and turbo Cool
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 09:22

Well i think for me, i'll be on the sidelines for a while, car is going off the road for several weeks, but hopefully when i get back on the track, it'll have a 2way and turbo Cool

Me too Wink hehehe.....

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're already half way there!
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Sun, 27 February 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my lsd seems to be getting worst by the minute, i guess factory stuff ain't suited for drift, well 2-way lsd cusco here i come also, and some new tyres and rims would do nicely also.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 07:57

So how did Beau go with the sti anyways?

He's still adjusting Confused I got there late so I only got to see the finals and the expression session but apparently Beau had problems with spinning during the elimination rounds. When I saw him in the expression session it looked like he was trying to do his usual early entry but couldn't hold it the whole way through the corner and he collected the ripple strip on the apex a couple of times. But he said that he's only driven the car once before so its not surprising that he's not used to it yet. And with the car not being road registered I guess there is not much opportunity for him to practice, like he cant take it to Oran Park for Twilight Drift or even just drive around the street getting used to the feel of the car.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indi your car accessed yet or is it going through auction???
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assessed, written off and bought back from them already. They decided to let me keep it.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff
let the panel beating begin Confused
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going tarbo jezz?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 18:58

going tarbo jezz?

All will be revealed soon, my friend! Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess thats a yes

lol
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 18:15

good stuff
let the panel beating begin Confused

Already begun. Although my poor hands are looking worse than the panels Rolling Eyes It was all worth it though, pretty much all my work is done I just have to attach the new headlight then the rest is up to MFX to fit the new guards and front bar.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be ready the same time as my project Shocked
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 20:27

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry..... Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Mon, 28 February 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 20:46

SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 20:27

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry..... Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

get fucked hippy boy
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25 Wed, 16 March 2005 05:04 Go to previous message
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_1932270.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_1933230.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_1933320.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_2036370.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_1932170.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/02-25-05_2036500.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 05:04]

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cruisin The Beaches 18th March
Next Topic:Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:30:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069229602813721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.